Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirectPRO12 Race to Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Munster
    Can someone clarify what happens if the top seed loses their home SF. Does the team they play (fourth place) then get a home final?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ospreys
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Can someone clarify what happens if the top seed loses their home SF. Does the team they play (fourth place) then get a home final?

no

If 4th beats 1st, then the winner between 2nd and 3rd hosts the final.

Munster
    So there is a decent chance at a Rabo final in the Aviva either way.

I don't think there is much for Ulster fans to fear from a Rabo final in Dublin. If ye get your larger allocation judging by Edinburgh last year you'll have no trouble sending down 30,000 fans and making a lot of noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

So there is a decent chance at a Rabo final in the Aviva either way.

I don't think there is much for Ulster fans to fear from a Rabo final in Dublin. If ye get your larger allocation judging by Edinburgh last year you'll have no trouble sending down 30,000 fans and making a lot of noise.

Don't think Leinster will play the final at the Aviva if we get there. Haven't done it for past two home finals anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ospreys
    We won't know who has the home final for the Rabo until after the SF's have been played, which is 2 weeks before the final itself.

Having an Irish 1, 2 in the league doesn't mean we'll get an Irish home final as both could lose.

There is nothing on in the Aviva the weekend of the Final but logistically it could be difficult to arrange ticketing and do the set up for the Rabo if the Aviva is chosen.

From the Rabo website:
    3.7. The RaboDirect PRO12 Final is provisionally scheduled to take place on the weekend of 26/7th MAY. RaboDirect PRO12 will determine the venue for the RaboDirect PRO12 Final however the Team that finished highest in the league stage competing in the Final will be able to propose a venue within its own Union's jurisdiction (which may include the team's own ground) to host the RaboDirect PRO12 Final, provided that the venue meets certain commercial criteria and has capacity for a minimum of 18,000 spectators.
    http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/statzone/competition_rules.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

jacothelad wrote: »
    I should add that of course the completion is weather dependent to a certain degree. Also, Shane Logan said that the IRFU would have a say on where an all-Irish final would be held. So - even if it is ready and Ulster earn home advantage it may still mean they have to play away from home.... which would be rather unwelcome I'd say.

Sure it could be in Thomond yet! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Don't think Leinster will play the final at the Aviva if we get there. Haven't done it for past two home finals anyway.

If Leinster are top seeds then I'm sure they will play it at the RDS but the point is if Ulster finish ahead of Leinster in the league and the two meet in the final the IRFU might force it to be held at the Aviva if Ravenhill isn't ready. It certainly wouldnt be at the RDS in that scenario.

Munster

I think we might if it was all Irish and not in a H/Cup year for us.

Like last year we had a home quarter in the Aviva and an awful lot of people who travelled to Twickers, this year it is our prime fixture. And if we can count on half the stadium being Ulster fans it'd be excellent.

Anyway if the IRFU have the call its up to whether or not they think they can market it. Lets hope some genius decides to go for 15 euro tickets, 25 on premium level and pints at 3:00 to get the place rocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Ospreys
    bilston wrote: »
    If Leinster are top seeds then I'm sure they will play it at the RDS but the point is if Ulster finish ahead of Leinster in the league and the two meet in the final the IRFU might force it to be held at the Aviva if Ravenhill isn't ready. It certainly wouldnt be at the RDS in that scenario.

Would they get the crowd to justify the Aviva though?

How many can ravenhill accommodate right now?

Munster
    Also I think the IRFU should make a call now that if it is all Irish it's in the Aviva. I think if Ulster are going to be forced to give up home we should be too even if by some miracle we top the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭jacothelad

So Ulster could finish first, Leinster could finish second. We could meet in the final and be forced to play it in Dublin? Sorry but that would be another grievance to add your list that you posted on Uafc the other day. Anyway no point worrying about it until it comes to pass.

Not grievances at all, just factual observations. Unless someone knows differently. As i said 88 representatiove games and none here. Go figure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ospreys
    Also I think the IRFU should make a call now that if it is all Irish it's in the Aviva. I think if Ulster are going to be forced to give up home we should be too even if by some miracle we top the league.

Far too early for the IRFU to make a public statement about it, there's still 3 games left in the league!

Two men and a wee boy at the minute. (Actually about 11,000. ish)

Two men and a wee boy at the minute. (Actually about 11,000. ish)

If the two stands are completed though it will be 15,000 I think.

I don't know but in such a scenario would you expect Ulster to have to play at the RDS! Surely it would go to Thomond but then thats probably just as bad for Ulster as its the other end of the country.

Munster
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    Far too early for the IRFU to make a public statement about it, there's still 3 games left in the league!

2 games left right? But I just mean make a call, have it in the minutes somewhere or draft a policy on it for this season. So its fairer.

Ospreys
    2 games left right? But I just mean make a call, have it in the minutes somewhere or draft a policy on it for this season. So its fairer.

Yeah you're right it's only two games.

It would be bad PR for the IRFU to say anything until after the regular season games are up though, it could really come back and bite them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tronic

Does anyone know which SF (1v4 or 2v3) is on Friday and which is on Saturday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

tronic wrote: »

I would imagine it will depend on who is in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

tronic wrote: »

Not decided yet afaik, but likely that Ulster's home semi will be on the Friday night I'd say, they tend to like Fri night under lights at Ravers.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd say an Ulster v Leinster Rabo final would have a big enough crowd, would certainly justify the Aviva. I'm sure we would muster at least 15,000 alone, if not a lot more.

I'm probably one of the few who wouldn't mind seeing it there (cause I'll actually be able to go), in the hypothetical situation where we do get to the final.

awec wrote: »
    I'd say an Ulster v Leinster Rabo final would have a big enough crowd, would certainly justify the Aviva. I'm sure we would muster at least 15,000 alone, if not a lot more.

I'm probably one of the few who wouldn't mind seeing it there (cause I'll actually be able to go), in the hypothetical situation where we do get to the final.

Yeah your views don't count on this matter awec!

Yeah your views don't count on this matter awec!
    Sure when do they ever count? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

If Ulster get to the final and they are allocated home im certain it will be at Ravenhill. I cant see them allowing it too be taken elsewhere no matter what.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

damianmcr wrote: »
    If Ulster get to the final and they are allocated home im certain it will be at Ravenhill. I cant see them allowing it too be taken elsewhere no matter what.

As long as its finished! Its not, ultimately, their decision though. However if the upgrading is finished (and I'm amazed that is a possibility) then there is a very good chance of it being there I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Humphreys was asked on Friday night and he said that the two end terraced areas should be finished before a potential final. Ulster are 100% determined to have any games at Ravenhill imo.

Do the two end stands bring the capacity up to the 18000 mark?

Do the two end stands bring the capacity up to the 18000 mark?

I'm not sure. The finished ground will have 18,000 capacity but that will be after the old stand is replaced. It can't be filled to capacity at the moment because of the health and safety Nazi's saying that after 80+ years there aren't enough stairways in it. Mad stuff.

I'm not sure. The finished ground will have 18,000 capacity but that will be after the old stand is replaced. It can't be filled to capacity at the moment because of the health and safety Nazi's saying that after 80+ years there aren't enough stairways in it. Mad stuff.
    This drives me crazy.

But yea, my point was even with the current bit of redevelopment complete would we even meet the requirements to host it?

• Advertisement

This drives me crazy.

But yea, my point was even with the current bit of redevelopment complete would we even meet the requirements to host it?

Humphreys seems to think it will........ so hopefully he knows what he is talking about.

Advertisement