Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I had the occasional disconnect in the beta but nothing like this. It is saying my NAT is strict though. I've tried forwarding all the ports but still saying strict.

Probably a silly question but does your console have a static IP assigned to it?

I used to spend ages forwarding specific ports for different games only to realise that my PS3 was being assigned a new IP every time I switched it on and forwarding ports at all was pointless :o

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Probably a silly question but does your console have a static IP assigned to it?

I used to spend ages forwarding specific ports for different games only to realise that my PS3 was being assigned a new IP every time I switched it on and forwarding ports at all was pointless :o

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

Yeah that's what I'm in the middle of trying to do now. Was straight forward enough on the Sky router but I can't find how to do it on the eircom one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

For some reason the game made me solo the Devils Lair. Took me a while but I ended up getting Flawless Striker trophy from it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Surely this should be affecting everyone though and not just a select few. Is there anyone having no disconnect issues at all?

I'm having very few maybe once every couple of hours playing. Its not a problem in any way. I'm running on efibre through although I did have to put the xbox into the DMZ again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Was going 12-0 in a crucible match with 7 captures and then I got disconnected, so lame :(

Just did the second strike mission, holy jaypers is that hard, blue rewards though! Would love to play with a coordinated team and farm that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I was on the moon yesterday (never thought I'd say that) and an announcement just popped up saying 'public event happening nearby' or something to that effect. I had a minute or so to get to it, it was in the middle of another mission.

I had to go and protect a satellite from aliens trying to kick the sh1t out of it. They kicked the sh1t out of the satellite and me. Didnt see anyone else join in.

Once i got my hole kicked it reverted back to the original mission.

this made me laugh, had the same experience in Old russia. attackers way too powerful for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well after playing with a few lads from here I've pretty much gotten as far as I did in the beta.

Very enjoyable game with a few friends. Probably won't get to play much of it till Monday now so I'll have to catch up again.

Also, I haven't noticed any connection issues with the game itself however I'm getting sick of the PS4 constantly kicking people out of parties and struggling to show me my friends list. Sony need to really improve their UI experience.. substantially.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Was going 12-0 in a crucible match with 7 captures and then I got disconnected, so lame :(

Just did the second strike mission, holy jaypers is that hard, blue rewards though! Would love to play with a coordinated team and farm that place.

And there is another gold chest at the end of the moon strike.

Wait until you have to fight the Vex, they come in large numbers and are able to teleport. Whatever you do DON'T shoot them in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had my 1st disconnect tonight, just unlocked the strike playlist.

Did one on mars involving taking out 3 lieutenants, haven't been to Mars in story so got a nasty surprise when I saw the normal mobs :eek:

Soldiered through , with a few more surprises and got disconnected fighting the end boss :mad:

The game overall is leaving me cold, the story is totally tacked on or what story there is, and then the missions are very repetitive indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can anyone tell me how to access the Crucible? I've done the first 5 missions and I received an invite to it but I've no idea how to access it.

Edit

Nevermind, figured it out. That has to be the most convoluted method for unlocking a mode I've come across.

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me how to access the Crucible? I've done the first 5 missions and I received an invite to it but I've no idea how to access it.

Go to the tower and talk to the crucible quatermaster. Once you have done that you can access the Crucible from the right of the map screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is it just me folks or is there serious lag in the crucible?

Really shows when you melee a fella and then he hits you 2 seconds after he dies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got my problem sorted, was getting bad interference on the wireless channel I was using so switched to a better one. Weird as my PS3 never had any issues on that channel.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Really shows when you melee a fella and then he hits you 2 seconds after he dies

Yeah I noticed that earlier, people would run around for a few seconds then die after you melee them. Happened a lot in the beta too.

I'm finding that a few 1v1s seem to end in a draw were you both end up killing each other. No better way to go than punching each other to death I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Campaign is starting to feel repetitive and weak. I hope the Crucible will keep me entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Meh lvl 15 atm and the loot seems few and far between. The story is kind crap and dinklages voice just doesnt fit the atmosphere of the game. But its fun enough to play but so far ive gone solo gets very rince and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, I'm finding the missions a bit boring and repetitive myself, though that may be down to me having done them already in both the Beta and Alpha. Hopefully it picks up once I level up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Is it just me or is Devils Lair a pure bast Ard to get through. Tried and failed miserably tonight.

Is it just me or is Devils Lair a pure bast Ard to get through. Tried and failed miserably tonight.

It can be if you don't know you're way around the place for the encounters, once you get familiar with how approach each one it will become easier.

• Advertisement

Its pretty hard at lower levels, but a complete cakewalk later on. Was able to solo it earlier with my level 20 titan without dying.
    321751.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jakkerwakker

How a yis. I was wondering if anyone has had or are having a problem connecting to the Destiny servers. I'm in the process of fixing a networking issue that might solve it, changing to a static IP on the PS4. While I hope it'll solve it, I am only utilizing an O2 Huawei mobile dongle connection so I'm not uber confident it will work. Regardless, if anyone can shed any light on the situation I would be much obliged!

Oh also, can anyone willing please post their download / upload speeds.

Mine be: UP: 3.31 - DWN: 6.39 - PING: 63ms (the last one is especially bad!)

Cheerrrrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jakkerwakker

Found out that mobile dongles don't support static ip addresses. Also the recommended specs should be 15Mbps UP, 3.5Mbps DWN and a PING of 25 or less. This is terrible news since I live in the country where eircom haven't put much effort into their telecommunication lines in a while, leading to dire wired broadband if any at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Playing for two hours last night before a public event came up and as soon as it did I got kicked into orbit. Fairly disappointed with the missions.
    Go over here scan that thing, mission complete.
    Actually fairly disappointed is an understatement, that's really poor.
    As has been mentioned earlier the ai is terrible, they just hide behind cover with a bit of their head sticking out!
    Even though I had some fun with it last night, after a chance to sleep on it I've allowed myself to admit that it's pretty shallow and weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Im really liking destiny. Its like a mix of halo, COD and borderlands. I am a person who loves seeing my character get stronger and it doesnt bother me to replay levels over and over to do this. At the moment joining fireteams is kind of out for me as baby is always asleep so cant talk really but i have played it "solo" so far and like it alot. The PvP stuff i really like and i am not much of a PvP person. I can see people not liking it for being to repetitive but for some reason i love that part of the game. I recommend the game but it may not be for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Maybe everyone already knows this but you should never turn in a bounty etc without swapping out your gear and subclass to ones that are not fully levelled or you don't use often, it's a good way of levelling those things without using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Attempted the moon strike mission last night. It's a level 12 and the 3 of us were levels 8,10, and 11. One big bastard chained to the floor and a never ending onslaught of Knights either side of him.

That was a mistake :(

Grayditch wrote: »
    Campaign is starting to feel repetitive and weak. I hope the Crucible will keep me entertained.

+1
    I'm starting to get a little burnt out already. There's no variation at all to the mission structure. I have stopped playing missions on my own due to this. It's really enjoyable in coop but this is more to do with the social aspect of the game & the tight shooting mechanics.
    The whole loot / upgrade piece I love, ala Diablo / Borderlands but the campaign so far is underwhelming.
    The story is non-existent and the 'Open World' segments have no substance too them. Myself and a few m8s went about the maps looking for random stuff out of interest. Only thing interesting to find is a loot chest or a public event. The 'side missions' and also extremely repetitive.
    There's little to no general interaction it's just a big map with people roaming around shooting the AI.

It's like it has an identity crisis. It's feels like a stripped down FPS version of Diablo but is that what is being marketed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

I'm glad I waited a day or two if people are getting bored already.

Probably pass on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    +1
    I'm starting to get a little burnt out already. There's no variation at all to the mission structure. I have stopped playing missions on my own due to this. It's really enjoyable in coop but this is more to do with the social aspect of the game & the tight shooting mechanics.
    The whole loot / upgrade piece I love, ala Diablo / Borderlands but the campaign so far is underwhelming.
    The story is non-existent and the 'Open World' segments have no substance too them. Myself and a few m8s went about the maps looking for random stuff out of interest. Only thing interesting to find is a loot chest or a public event. The 'side missions' and also extremely repetitive.
    There's little to no general interaction it's just a big map with people roaming around shooting the AI.

It's like it has an identity crisis. It's feels like a stripped down FPS version of Diablo but is that what is being marketed?

I've only gotten about 3.5 hours playtime so far, managed to finish that first strike mission we tried the first night. I havent enough time played to say whether it'll get boring fast or not. I played 2 crucible mathces of control, it seemed pretty ok, but Its hard to tell what kind of lifespan it'll have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement