Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I was on the moon yesterday (never thought I'd say that) and an announcement just popped up saying 'public event happening nearby' or something to that effect. I had a minute or so to get to it, it was in the middle of another mission.
    That might explain something...

I was on some pre-subscribed mission yesterday thrown together with a couple of matchmade punters. At one point a countdown appeared on the horizon. I assumed (because there's no feckin manual) that I had to complete some task or other before the timer disappeared - but the other two disappeared around that time.

I guessing I should have ran/sparrowed towards the timer thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

1. If you buy Destiny digitally on the ps3 everyone on that console can use it, plus you get the ps4 version too.

2. As long as your brother has your ps4 set as his primary console(no primary accounts, just consoles) any account can play Destiny on that console or use ps plus(if the primary console of the plus subscriber).

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Dades wrote: »
    That might explain something...

I was on some pre-subscribed mission yesterday thrown together with a couple of matchmade punters. At one point a countdown appeared on the horizon. I assumed (because there's no feckin manual) that I had to complete some task or other before the timer disappeared - but the other two disappeared around that time.

I guessing I should have ran/sparrowed towards the timer thing?

Yeah, that's it. The directional diamond thing appeared on the screen to show where it was located. It wasnt that far away from where i was at the time either.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Baaaaah, random disconnects are a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Baaaaah, random disconnects are a pain.

Yeah, I've was going through a co-op mission last night for a good while, right at the end of the final wave of enemies, i got booted out.

I nearly fcuked the controller out the window in rage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Will probably hit 20 with my titan in the next hour, just finished the last Venus Story mission.

I haven't even left the moon. I've been waiting for my friend to come on so we can do story together. Can't wait to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How's the PvP? Haven't heard much about it. Is it as in depth as something like Halo Reach in terms of content?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hit lvl 20 today, almost at lvl 21. It a small bot disappointing not to rank up when you kill enemies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finally about to start this game. A paltry level 1. Hardcore so I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm just after reading the initial impressions from Eurogamer and the comments to it.

Sounds like a pretty average game that is good in parts but might get hurt by the huge amount of hype that was generated around it.

Might sit on the fence with this one for a while, too many games coming up and not enough time.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Haven't been able to complete a single match of PvP yet because of disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finally after picking it up.

Pity I have to go through the beta area again. :(

Edit: Also one of the disappointing things to hear from people is that the story appears to be non existent. I wasn't exactly expecting an unbelievable story but I would have liked for them to put a bit of effort in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Constant disconnects are pissing me right off. Unplayable at the moment despite the fact that I've got a pretty decent internet connection. Servers are probably overloaded.

Ugh. Will give it a try later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone wanna form a Fireteam for Earth/Russia Strike on Hard with Golden Chest at the end on PS4? GenericDreadHead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I had a public event randomly happen on patrols on Russia.

Really don't see why I have to be kicked from a story mission while playing on my own just because I lose contact with the servers. Still not managed to complete a single crucible match though I managed to get through the whole russia strike mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone wanna form a Fireteam for Earth/Russia Strike on Hard with Golden Chest at the end on PS4? GenericDreadHead

Sure I'm going to start up now. Hope you don't mind. Btw there is a separate Strike playlist when you reach level 16 for level 18 strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sure I'm going to start up now. Hope you don't mind. Btw there is a separate Strike playlist when you reach level 16 for level 18 strikes.

We're just finishing one now (i'm only level 10 at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Really don't see why I have to be kicked from a story mission while playing on my own just because I lose contact with the servers. Still not managed to complete a single crucible match though I managed to get through the whole russia strike mission.

My NAT type changed from open to moderate on it's own for some reason so had to change it back. Have you checked yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Am I getting annihilated in PvP because im playing hunter?

Literally one shot kills me and I'm level 15, I ask because I don't actually see that many hunters playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What speeds are you running off?

calex71 wrote: »

Literally one shot kills me and I'm level 15, I ask because I don't actually see that many hunters playing it.

I've had no trouble with it. Golden gun is great for clearing a room, though the other classes abilities a melee attacks seem more powerful. Levels shouldn't matter afaik.
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    What speeds are you running off?

Down home for a few days so only on crappy 3mb, but I've never had problems with it before. Will check NAT now though I've had it open for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I'm getting disconnected every 5 minutes, can't get any missions complete before I get thrown back to the orbit screen. Unplayable and very frustrating!

Big Knox wrote: »
    I'm getting disconnected every 5 minutes, can't get any missions complete before I get thrown back to the orbit screen. Unplayable and very frustrating!

I have the same issue.. It was also like that in the Beta.

Gonna leave it a few days and hope the servers get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I have the same issue.. It was also like that in the Beta.

Gonna leave it a few days and hope the servers get better.

Surely this should be affecting everyone though and not just a select few. Is there anyone having no disconnect issues at all?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Surely this should be affecting everyone though and not just a select few. Is there anyone having no disconnect issues at all?

I'd say its our connections being poor. Probably doesn't help that the servers are probably getting battered.

I had the occasional disconnect in the beta but nothing like this. It is saying my NAT is strict though. I've tried forwarding all the ports but still saying strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Sarn

I haven't had any disconnects (PS4) at all and I've a few hours clocked up.

I had the occasional disconnect in the beta but nothing like this. It is saying my NAT is strict though. I've tried forwarding all the ports but still saying strict.

Then yeah thats your issue.
    Mine's just crap broadband :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

calex71 wrote: »

Im playing Hunter class and I dont find it that bad for PvP. I played quite a bit of it last night and had no problems. But there was one game as I was leveling up where we were all level 6 and the other team was mostly level 15 and we got annihilated. The level doesnt matter at the moment but all the perks on the weapons and armour do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement