Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm enjoying the game for what it is so far but it's nothing like I expected it to be really, well at least in the sense that I expected a more open-world type environment like Skyrim. My own fault for not watching any beta videos I guess, I actually avoided doing that.

It reminds me of Borderlands but without the comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just be aware you'll have an update and decent sized install to do before you get going..

Cheers, Have 100mb broadband so shouldn't take too long to install the various updates (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

25 bonus codes listed here

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-codes/

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone looking to do 3 player co-op on PS4 add me please, GenericDreadHead

How or where do these strike missions start? Are they random events or what way does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Nice to see that they sorted out the legacy emblems although I'm missing the one for playing 4 of the last 6 bungie games which should of unlocked :S I got all the other ones though so it's not too bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Played some football in the Tower last night. There is also a dark beach ball there

and the "Dont walk in front me of me bro" moment from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

iMuse wrote: »
    Cheers, Have 100mb broadband so shouldn't take too long to install the various updates (I hope)

It felt like an age for me. I was all set ready to roll, coffee at the ready, head set on, the room in darkness only lit by the 50" tv, watching the install going through the motions felt like I was watching a kettle to boil. But sooooo worth it.

Think I'll give it ago, figure that if I get 20 or so hours out of it at the least then it won't be a waste of money. Have yet to really play my PS4 as when I moved house I didn't really have a place where it was safe to leave it so yesterday I got a new TV cabinet and I've spent the morning and afternoon putting in the dozen consoles, Blu-Ray players and wiring up the surround sound. Also move the furniture in the sitting room around so that I have the optimal viewing angle. Going to get stuck into this and Infamous 3 this week and then Child of Light and Ghosts after that till Shadows of Mordor comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

My copy arrived in Belfast along with my XONE this morning, hopefully Parcel Motel will do me a solid and drop it off at my pick-up point before work is finished! :D
    I also said f*ck it, and bought a new TV during my lunch break. AWWWW YEEEAAA, motha f*ckin' Halo! "Destiny"

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm going to give Destiny a miss until at least next year. I thought the beta was good but nothing mindblowing. I did like the loot and the group missions that appear out of nowhere but it felt very samey -go here and blow things up when you get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any list of user names I can add, good game but would much prefer to be playing with others rather then be a billy no mates!

Add me: wonda3oy

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Any list of user names I can add, good game but would much prefer to be playing with others rather then be a billy no mates!

I'm dinevalesco but bundle just got delivered today so it'll be a day or two before I'm up and running for Fireteams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Joined the clan, if anyone wants to add me my PSN username is browner13

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Hey guys just got it on ps3, would be great to play with some people so add me

PSN: gunner4life406

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm going to give Destiny a miss until at least next year. I thought the beta was good but nothing mindblowing. I did like the loot and the group missions that appear out of nowhere but it felt very samey -go here and blow things up when you get there.

The only thing thats changed from beta really is the speed you level up and the drop rates on gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When i redeem those codes that are listed here where do i view them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm absolutely loving it. Only problem so far is random disconnections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Picked it up this morning from Parcel Motel and have had a nice 9 hour session. It is absolutely brilliant with friends and putting it on Hard all the time, nothing beats teaming up to take down some big ogre of a boss. Can't wait to tackle the moon strike mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When i redeem those codes that are listed here where do i view them?

That should be it:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/4154244?context=settings#context=codes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

has anyone played much of the PvP side of it yet? I only just unlocked it last night and I'm curious as to what its like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GrumPy wrote: »
    My copy arrived in Belfast along with my XONE this morning, hopefully Parcel Motel will do me a solid and drop it off at my pick-up point before work is finished! :D
    I also said f*ck it, and bought a new TV during my lunch break. AWWWW YEEEAAA, motha f*ckin' Halo! "Destiny"

:D

Whilst you're on your spending spree, I'll also take a new TV, anything 42" + will do and also a new car... Thanks :rolleyes:

• FutureGuy wrote: »

You would be right by saying it's more of the same. But I'm still enjoying it in an addictive way. Great social game. But nothing spectacular or standout for me as of yet. I'm hoping for some variation but not seeing it yet.

I'm on the 3rd moon mission but taking my time with other activities.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Question: Has anyone played in a "public event", and if so how did you get into it or get notified that one is happening?

Do you need to be a certain level and in The Tower?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Got a few question about the ps3 to ps4 free upgrade if any one can help?

1. If I log into a ps3 using my PSN account that I made on my ps4(I've never logged into a ps3 with it before) and download destiny will everyone on that ps3 be able to play it?

2.Or if my brother downloads it on his ps3 then logs into my ps4 and downloads it using his profile would I still be able to play it with mine being the primary account and not his?

Sorry if I'm annoying anyone but I don't wanna be throwing €70 on to a ps3 that I won't even be playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Dades wrote: »
    Question: Has anyone played in a "public event", and if so how did you get into it or get notified that one is happening?
    I was on the moon yesterday (never thought I'd say that) and an announcement just popped up saying 'public event happening nearby' or something to that effect. I had a minute or so to get to it, it was in the middle of another mission.

I had to go and protect a satellite from aliens trying to kick the sh1t out of it. They kicked the sh1t out of the satellite and me. Didnt see anyone else join in.

Once i got my hole kicked it reverted back to the original mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Just hit 20! Working on my sunsinger tree (praise the sun).

Feels like 1-20 is just a big massive tutorial. The real game is at 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

Is this worth buying? The pre-reviews are between average and good from what i read.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

has anyone played much of the PvP side of it yet? I only just unlocked it last night and I'm curious as to what its like.

I loved it in the Beta at any rate, looking forward to getting stuck into it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Got a few question about the ps3 to ps4 free upgrade if any one can help?

1. If I log into a ps3 using my PSN account that I made on my ps4(I've never logged into a ps3 with it before) and download destiny will everyone on that ps3 be able to play it?

2.Or if my brother downloads it on his ps3 then logs into my ps4 and downloads it using his profile would I still be able to play it with mine being the primary account and not his?

Sorry if I'm annoying anyone but I don't wanna be throwing €70 on to a ps3 that I won't even be playing

1. If you buy Destiny digitally on the ps3 everyone on that console can use it, plus you get the ps4 version too.

2. As long as your brother has your ps4 set as his primary console(no primary accounts, just consoles) any account can play Destiny on that console or use ps plus(if the primary console of the plus subscriber).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Just hit 20! Working on my sunsinger tree (praise the sun).

Feels like 1-20 is just a big massive tutorial. The real game is at 20.

Will probably hit 20 with my titan in the next hour, just finished the last Venus Story mission.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement