Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How did you lose 14 in a row?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I swear this game is conspiring against me. I just need one win in IB to get to Rank 4. But I'm on a 9 game losing streak.

**** this game!

lol! Id be ready to bin the game if that happened! :D

Worst I had was losing 4 in a row, I was getting well pissed off at that point :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

AdamD wrote: »
    How did you lose 14 in a row?!?!?!

A combination of bad luck, getting matched with people who don't know how to play an FPS and playing half of the matches on the VITA.

EDIT

Just check my stats. It was a slight exaggeration. It was 'only' 11 defeats in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started it there finally quite enjoyable so far I'm still only on level 3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Decent night's work there. After a busy Raid murder kicking people off of platforms, decided to get up to lvl 4 in IB. Had a nice run of winning games, managed to knock out 6 bounties in the process, to include the Iron Wrath finally. Bought myself a styling new cloak and the fusion. Rerolled it a couple of times to get better perks.

Can you get a different elemental with the reroll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Gave up on IB completely.
    Kept getting Bungie error codes mid-game which kicked everyone in them.

Decided to complete the bounty for Bad Juju instead in normal crucible.
    Only played with it a little, but my god it's just terrible.

I thought exotics were supposed to be better than the legendary gear...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,230 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gave up on my 3rd character at the weekend; a warlock. Decided to restart with a second titan instead, mainly cause I can't be bothered with farming armour for whatever the warlock need is. I have a ton of plating from my current titan so will share the wealth.

Only at level 12 now, but have level 30 capable gauntlets and boots ready. Hopefully will get a helm off Xur for him at some point and then it will be a case of waiting for a Raid chest for both my titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't bother the chats just clog up my notifications!
    Well.... well fine then :p
    Someone going around Eirtakon today cosplaying as a titan wearing Iron Banner armour wielding the sword of crota. I'll try to get a photo to post later.

Pic? :)
    tony1980 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy doing the raid on normal or hard, I am a level 29 Warlock but I don't have fully upgraded weapons.

Are you in the clan?
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    It was 'only' 11 defeats in a row.

*Shudder*
    :pac:
    BizzyC wrote: »
    Decided to complete the bounty for Bad Juju instead in normal crucible.
    Only played with it a little, but my god it's just terrible.

I thought exotics were supposed to be better than the legendary gear...

Bad Juju and Thorn are $hite. IMHO only aabout 50% of the Exotics are better than legendaries
    Gave up on my 3rd character at the weekend; a warlock. Decided to restart with a second titan instead, mainly cause I can't be bothered with farming armour for whatever the warlock need is. I have a ton of plating from my current titan so will share the wealth.

Why would you need a 2nd of the same type? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    You can change sub class, armour, weapons, sub class perks etc.
    I cannot think of a single reason to have a 2nd class :p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »

Why would you need a 2nd of the same type? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    You can change sub class, armour, weapons, sub class perks etc.
    I cannot think of a single reason to have a 2nd class :p

To farm materials, gear and coins by running the dailies and weeklies surely. Makes sense to do another Titan if that's what he has the spare armour for rather than a warlock or hunter as he would be relying on Rng to get them up to a useful level quickly.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    To farm materials, gear and coins by running the dailies and weeklies surely. Makes sense to do another Titan if that's what he has the spare armour for rather than a warlock or hunter as he would be relying on Rng to get them up to a useful level quickly.

As in Platsteel Plating?
    Could you not just buy some White/Green engrams from Cryptarch and dismantle them for the relevant stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As in Platsteel Plating?
    Could you not just buy some White/Green engrams from Cryptarch and dismantle them for the relevant stuff?

No as in legendary armour to equip the character with as soon as they hit 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

As in Platsteel Plating?

He means that, for example, if you have a lv 30 titan and you create another 2, bring them above lv20 and just by swapping armor all of them will technically be lv30 as well.

This means that you can run the raid 3 times (3 normal and 3 hard), the nightfall 3 times, the weekly 3 times etc without needing to worry about buying armor. Thats 27 coins per week instead of 9, etc etc

Bah! Hackers! ;)

When I bought Destiny I went for the Limited Edition version on Amazon. Several times in the weeks coming up to the games release I considered cancelling the order and just getting the regular version. I thought that £80 was too expensive for a game I'd probably put about 20 hours into. I figured I do the story and a little PvP.

Now it really shocks me when I look at my time played over on the Bungie website. I think this game is only second to PES5 for the amount of time played for me. I'm at 128 hours and the first DLC hasn't even dropped yet. And I've only one character at level 29. Who, incidentally, I think is cursed to remain at 29 for the rest of time.

I don't even know where I found all that time. Too many late nights I think.

How many hours are the rest of you up to? Must be some crazy figures here for people with more than one character.

When I bought Destiny I went for the Limited Edition version on Amazon. Several times in the weeks coming up to the games release I considered cancelling the order and just getting the regular version. I thought that £80 was too expensive for a game I'd probably put about 20 hours into. I figured I do the story and a little PvP.

Now it really shocks me when I look at my time played over on the Bungie website. I think this game is only second to PES5 for the amount of time played for me. I'm at 128 hours and the first DLC hasn't even dropped yet. And I've only one character at level 29. Who, incidentally, I think is cursed to remain at 29 for the rest of time.

I don't even know where I found all that time. Too many late nights I think.

How many hours are the rest of you up to? Must be some crazy figures here for people with more than one character.

I have put only a few hours, can't remember how many exactly, but more than 10 and less than 598 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I have put only a few hours, can't remember how many exactly, but more than 10 and less than 598 ;)

Much closer to 598 I'd say :P

147 hours total... 52 hours of Crucible, 28 hours in the Raid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just checked the website as the app took off the time played for some unknown reason. :mad:

I've played 2 days 14 hours and 49 mins.

So just under 63 hours.

Thats a lot less than most I'm sure but I'm happy with it.

Tbh only for the Vita I'd have about a third of that time played.

I'm currently a level 26 with a lot of farming required on patrol but cant seem to stop playing Control. :o

I wouldnt mind but I know I'd enjoy PvP more if I was levelled up more but cant be bothered farming for spirit bloom or whatever.

At least I'm gaining cruicible rep. I've 34 as of today. I need 150 for the legendary helmet so I might just keep at the PvP for now and delay upgrading the others.

Lvl 30 Hunter - 226 hours
    Lvl 28 Warlock - 18 hours
    Lvl 26 Titan - 26 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lvl 30 Hunter - 226 hours
    Lvl 28 Warlock - 18 hours
    Lvl 26 Titan - 26 hours

GOOD GOD! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:... .not enough eek smilies suffice here!

• Advertisement

GOOD GOD! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:... .not enough eek smilies suffice here!

I know, 228 hours as a hunter... lol

At least I have the excuse of unemployment and not being married eh Bohrio? :pac:

Tbh only for the Vita I'd have about a third of that time played.

I play Destiny on the VITA quite a lot too. It works very well for Patrols, farming and some of the easier strikes. For Crucible its a nightmare I find. Precise aiming is just to hard with it.

Still, great to have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Have a few questions about the Iron Banner:
    I have a pair of Sunbreakers, is their any point getting the IB gloves instead and freeing up the exotic slot?
    Do both emblams give the same buff to XP?
    When does it finish?

At least I have the excuse of unemployment and not being married eh Bohrio? :pac:

Ok ok, that was more me mocking you because you play as a hunter... we all know that titans are the real warriors in Destiny.. ;)

But just in case you think I am making fun of your hours here you go

Titan
    Total: 11 days, 19 hours, 59 minutes
    Minutes: 17039
    Hours: 283

Warlock
    Total: 6 days, 15 hours, 47 minutes
    Minutes: 9587
    Hours: 159

Hunter
    Total: 5 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes
    Minutes: 8486
    Hours: 141

Total: less than 598 as I said

I have no excuse of being unemployed or not married though, so not looking good for me...

Have a few questions about the Iron Banner:
    I have a pair of Sunbreakers, is their any point getting the IB gloves instead and freeing up the exotic slot?
    Do both emblams give the same buff to XP?
    When does it finish?

It finished at 10am tomorrow I think.
    The only gear that will get you to level 30 Helm wise are the Hard Raid Helm or an Exotic Helm, so I would get the gauntlets
    I have the Sunbreakers too and got the IB gauntlets (even though I had the Raid gauntlets too, as the IB ones had better perks for my load out)

Ok ok, that was more me mocking you because you play as a hunter... we all know that titans are the real warriors in Destiny.. ;)

But just in case you think I am making fun of your hours here you go

Titan
    Total: 11 days, 19 hours, 59 minutes
    Minutes: 17039
    Hours: 283

Warlock
    Total: 6 days, 15 hours, 47 minutes
    Minutes: 9587
    Hours: 159

Hunter
    Total: 5 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes
    Minutes: 8486
    Hours: 141

Total: less than 598 as I said

I have no excuse of being unemployed or not married though, so not looking good for me...

A mere 8 hours a day since Launch.....

Might just ban you from the clan..... you will thank me in years to come when you're at your Destiny Annonymous meetings :P

How are you still eating/working/sleeping sufficiently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pic? :)

Wish I could have gotten one as the costume was fantastic, caught up with him later on Saturday but he wouldn't let me take a pic which is unusual as most cosplayers will.

He was in a full set of the Iron Regalia Armour with Million Million shader and all the silver Wolf heads on the shoulders, chest and knees. He also was using the Sword of Crota as his weapon.

The Lords of Iron approve. :)

Wish I could have gotten one as the costume was fantastic, caught up with him later on Saturday but he wouldn't let me take a pic which is unusual as most cosplayers will.

That is weird.... "Look at me! don't look at me!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

we all know that titans are the real warriors in Destiny.. ;)
    Titans be glitchin! Hunter is the challenge yo! :pac:
    If I could start again I would choose Titan... I mean start again not restart :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement