Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Someone going around Eirtakon today cosplaying as a titan wearing Iron Banner armour wielding the sword of crota. I'll try to get a photo to post later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Do you need an Exotic helm to get to level 30?

I've been playing IB a LOT the last couple of days. Ive gone from Rank 0 to Rank 3 now. I got a Legendary machine gun earlier called Jolder's Hammer. It's got Arc damage so that's a plus.

I've been playing IB a LOT the last couple of days. Ive gone from Rank 0 to Rank 3 now. I got a Legendary machine gun earlier called Jolder's Hammer. It's got Arc damage so that's a plus.

No, you can get to level 30 with the raid helmet too but it only drops on hard mode.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's a decent machine gun, wrecks in PvP. Didn't know that it dropped with arc, I've only seen solar ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's a decent machine gun, wrecks in PvP. Didn't know that it dropped with arc, I've only seen solar ones.

Mine dropped with Void. You can reforge it though. Mine only has 26 bullets but has the field scout perk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I think you should be able to get to 30 by buying the gauntlets and boots from the IB guy.
    I could be wrong on that.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I think you should be able to get to 30 by buying the gauntlets and boots from the IB guy.
    I could be wrong on that.

Not sure. I have an exotic chest piece at the moment. So I think I'd need to replace that with a Raid chest piece and then either get an Exotic helm or Raid helm.

Again, I'm not sure on that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure. I have an exotic chest piece at the moment. So I think I'd need to replace that with a Raid chest piece and then either get an Exotic helm or Raid helm.

Again, I'm not sure on that.

Get an exotic helm if you can, it's better than relying on the hard raid to get one. It's no harm having two exotics fully leveled anyway, one which benefits each of your character's subclasses is a good way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

uuummm

This bungie people are pretty twisted minded.

I think I got it now.

XuR no longer sells heavy ammo, now, the only way to get it is by using glimmer. Which means that you can only get 25 synthesis where before you could use 1 strange coin and get 5.

So that's no more. And the answer is pretty simple, the only way now to get glimmer is by playing the game. This is mostly aimed to people like me who have dozens strange coins (in my case over 110) and doesnt know what to do with them (I would normally used them to buy heavy ammo).

What a bunch of cheeky monkeys

Their main priority for them is to keep us hooked up to the game, doesnt matter that its full of glitches, that's actually better for them (lets face it, atheon would be much easier without the glitches)... If something is making things easier for us lets stop that immediately instead of fixing other more important things like providing more strikes, missions, etc to make the game more interesting, like if it wasnt painfull enough to play the same thing over and over already...

Rant over, damn if I wasn't so hooked up to this game... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,257 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

only about 3 games of iron banner to go - god I hate PvP! Suck so bad at it! don't think i can dace getting my Hunter from level 0 to 3 in the little time I have left to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finally level 30. Don't know what to do with my life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Finally level 30. Don't know what to do with my life now.

Whats your PSN ID so I can add you to the level 30 chat?

Also:

Don't bother the chats just clog up my notifications!

I am bored, anyone for the raid on normal (from fresh)?

Xbox 1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I am bored, anyone for the raid on normal (from fresh)?

Xbox 1

Just had to go off so wont be back on I'd say.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just had to go off so wont be back on I'd say.

Hey man

Dont worry, I was gonna head off and then the wife went to the shop so I said to myself lets do the raid.

Got a bunch of randomers, the guys who had done the raid the most had done it twice, went through it in a bit less than 2 h. And we got to atheon without anyone dying, I was very impressed tbh...

However, after killing atheon (game was glitching like a b...) guess what one of the guys got? the freaking gjallahon... he was rubbing it all over my fave the little fecker...

:( lol

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey man

Dont worry, I was gonna head off and then the wife went to the shop so I said to myself lets do the raid.

Got a bunch of randomers, the guys who had done the raid the most had done it twice, went through it in a bit less than 2 h. And we got to atheon without anyone dying, I was very impressed tbh...

However, after killing atheon (game was glitching like a b...) guess what one of the guys got? the freaking gjallahon... he was rubbing it all over my fave the little fecker...

:( lol

Maybe your just not meant to have it ? You will have to make do with every other exotic in the game which you seem to have two of :P

I got my second titan to level 9 after so not to bad for an hour and a half !!
    I finished all the moon missions and just have to do the strike. Maybe you can lend a hand tomorrow ?

Just got Timur's Lash for the fourth time :|

I mentioned earlier that I got Jolder's Hammer to drop in IB. This weapon is pretty devastating in PvP. I managed 5 machine gun headshots in a row. Great for that IB bounty. It is so much more stable to shoot than Super Good Advice, the exotic machine gun I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Doing the normal raid tonight after finishing it on hard this week. I didn't get any loot for the templar though. Is that normal?

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Doing the normal raid tonight after finishing it on hard this week. I didn't get any loot for the templar though. Is that normal?

You get the normal mode loot too if you play the raid on hard mode first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You get the normal mode loot too if you play the raid on hard mode first.

Ah, so this was a total waste of my time haha.

I have enough Rep in Iron Banner now for Rank 4. But I need one more win to unlock it as it is stored up in 5 medallions. I went on a horrible losing streak last night. Was up till 2am chasing that final victory. It just wouldn't come.

I better get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Dummy here has had fully levelled raid boots for a few weeks and didn't even know. I did the middle of the raid and Atheons in two sittings and figured it'd take too long to do a raid. Figured I'd not get to do one.
    Had time Friday, used destinylfg and flew through it. Got the chest piece. I have my 3 exotic helm and iron banner gauntlets. Should be level 30 with those, yes?

As for bladedancer, it makes up for everything lame about the hunter. Crap melee, crap grenades and crap jump.

On that note, like murph, I won't be doing the other two classes. No time.

erkifino wrote: »
    Dummy here has had fully levelled raid boots for a few weeks and didn't even know. I did the middle of the raid and Atheons in two sittings and figured it'd take too long to do a raid. Figured I'd not get to do one.
    Had time Friday, used destinylfg and flew through it. Got the chest piece. I have my 3 exotic helm and iron banner gauntlets. Should be level 30 with those, yes?

As for bladedancer, it makes up for everything lame about the hunter. Crap melee, crap grenades and crap jump.

On that note, like murph, I won't be doing the other two classes. No time.

So you have an exotic helm, IB gauntlets, raid chest and raid boots ?

If yes once fully leveled you will reach 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So you have an exotic helm, IB gauntlets, raid chest and raid boots ?

If yes once fully leveled you will reach 30.

Exactly. Cheers. Raid was a no go until Friday but might try hard before the refresh.
    I think it took longer to get xyor the unwed to show up than it took to do the normal raid!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Kiss my ass RNGesus, Rank 4 in Iron Banner so finally can get the damn gloves! Lvl 30 here i come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Anyone fancy doing the raid on normal or hard, I am a level 29 Warlock but I don't have fully upgraded weapons.

I swear this game is conspiring against me. I just need one win in IB to get to Rank 4. But I'm on a 9 game losing streak.

**** this game!

• Advertisement

Phew. Rank 4 finally. Lost 14 in a row right at the end. Prior to that it was plain sailing.

In the end I had to pull rank in the house and take the TV on my young son who was watching Postman Pat. Had to switch from playing via remote play on VITA to the PS4 controller. I may have upset him but a small price to pay for some fancy new IB Gauntlets :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement