Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did the hard raid today with the lads and got chest, gauntlets and helmet. Hezen vegence, raid sniper, and fatebringer.

RNGesus was very kind. I had all the above bar the helmet already but took me since launch to get them.

My 2nd Titan will be styling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got Lucky Raspberry from nightfall. Now have hunter arms, helmet legendary, helmet exotic, and chest exotic. I think RNGesus is trying to tell me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Can confirm Warlock is master race.

Confirmed by Bungie. Twitter post was deleted due to sexism related claims though.... Master Race was too masculine, damn you Anita Sarkesian, let us have our moment in the Sun(singer) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Well the Iron Banner was a bit of craic,
    Started playing it to try and get to rep level 3 a pair of boots.
    Well I ended up with Rank 4 about 400 rep away from level 5.

Really wanted the scout rifle, but at 12:40 last night with 400 rep to go and about 2K glimmer needed to buy the rifle, I called it a day.

Still though I got boots, gloves, a shiny new bond for my Warlock and finally hit level 28!

Was messing round with the IB scout rifle yesterday. It was doing three times the damage of a partially upgraded multi tool from range on the Walker. It may not upgrade well (I don't know) but early signs are it's some gun.

Only thing I missed from IB was that damn machine gun. It just wouldn't drop. Also only got two ships so my Hunter class doesn't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Took me 12 raids and Iron Banner to kit out my Hunter to 30.

Took me 2 normal raids to kit out my Warlock.

Can confirm Warlock is master race.
    Ahem...How quickly you forgot where all those shards came from...
    Hunty mc hunterson busting a gut, that's where. :pac:

Hunter probably picked up the Warlock's helmet with the cryptarch lottery to boot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really want to have a go at the Hard Raid but I think I need to level up some weapons first. I guess I'll have to spend the next several days farming to gain materials and experience to level up Aetheon's Epilogue and the new armour pieces I got from the Raid / IB.

Unfortunately, I that means farming Spinmetal and Helium Filaments, the two hardest to find in my opinion. The gun takes Spirit Bloom which is easy to find so that won't be too bad. If anything is going to get me to stop playing so much Destiny it is farming for materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Unfortunately, I that means farming Spinmetal and Helium Filaments, the two hardest to find in my opinion. The gun takes Spirit Bloom which is easy to find so that won't be too bad. If anything is going to get me to stop playing so much Destiny it is farming for materials.

They are no more difficult than the rest (just time consuming), just need to follow the chest run.

Spinmetal:

Helium:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

erkifino wrote: »
    Ahem...How quickly you forgot where all those shards came from...
    Hunty mc hunterson busting a gut, that's where. :pac:

Hunter probably picked up the Warlock's helmet with the cryptarch lottery to boot!

Pity Hunter doesn't have the hundreds of spare materials necessary to rank up 3 pieces of Raid armour :pac:

Gonna be putting that farming off for a while

Hey all..really want to do VoG anyone doing this tonight 9.30

will run weekly heroic runs as well
    GT Mandrake19 Xbone
    lvl 28 titan
    pls add me thx :)

Also can ppl put their GT in posts so its easier to find ppl in game, joined boards clan....only found Sundalic so far.

Is IB over?

You can join the clan here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Got the Daily, Nightfall, Weekly and Hard Raid done yesterday.
    Finally after 12 weeks I have the tools to get to level 30 :o

Also the new guy (who showed us a full proof way of cheesing the oracles without dying) got the Vex Mythoclast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So how do you think Bungie will implement the new DLC when it comes to strike lists and the Nighfall rotation?

Will they keep the current strike list and Nightfall rotation the same when the DLC arrives? This would mean putting the new strikes into a different list and a separate Nightfall rotation. They might do this because not everyone is going to buy the DLC so it would need to be kept separate. This is the reason we don't see the PS exclusive strke in the Nightfall rotation.

I hope this is the route they take because then it will give us 2 Weekly strikes, 2 Nightfalls and 2 Raids to do each week.

• Advertisement

Or+maybe+the+driver+is+just+extremely+handicapped+_fd6a8973282624785c62ae2d319d8147.jpg

Cormac... wrote: »
    You can join the clan here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Got the Daily, Nightfall, Weekly and Hard Raid done yesterday.
    Finally after 12 weeks I have the tools to get to level 30 :o

Also the new guy (who showed us a full proof way of cheesing the oracles without dying) got the Vex Mythoclast.

Is this where everyone stays up top and a warlock jumps off the front and self res ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Surely its doable. They'll need to update matchmaking in Crucible and Strike playlists too. Hopefully there's a lvl 28 strike playlist anyway. 2 Raids a week should be good.

Easiest way to do HM Oracles (my group find anyway), is to send 2 strong players down who will cover the 2 Oracles on the top right and everyone else to sit up top with Ice Breakers. I don't think we've ever wiped on it using that method. If somebody down below dies you can send another down to help, the 3 up top can still cover the oracles pretty handy. Helps if you have a VoC equipped too.

Surely its doable. They'll need to update matchmaking in Crucible and Strike playlists too. Hopefully there's a lvl 28 strike playlist anyway. 2 Raids a week should be good.

Easiest way to do HM Oracles (my group find anyway), is to send 2 strong players down who will cover the 2 Oracles on the top right and everyone else to sit up top with Ice Breakers. I don't think we've ever wiped on it using that method. If somebody down below dies you can send another down to help, the 3 up top can still cover the oracles pretty handy. Helps if you have a VoC equipped too.

You can leave all 6 up top. There's a little jump up the right side where you can get a great line of sight on the back left oracle.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is this where everyone stays up top and a warlock jumps off the front and self res ?

No, neither of these.

You need 5 people up top and one person goes to where the Templar is, jumps up on a platform, does some more jumping to end up on the roof (kind of) where they can see the Back Left Oracle (under the Archway). The other 5, if spaced out correctly can see the other 5 Oracles so you can all do it without getting hit aside from by the handful of Hobgoblins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No, neither of these.

You need 5 people up top and one person goes to where the Templar is, jumps up on a platform, does some more jumping to end up on the roof (kind of) where they can see the Back Left Oracle (under the Archway). The other 5, if spaced out correctly can see the other 5 Oracles so you can all do it without getting hit aside from by the handful of Hobgoblins.

Must try this next time

Alright, I don't normally like to do stuff like this... BUT...

I've started a petition in the below link, it would be great if everyone could "like" and "sign/bump" the thread.
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/80668540

We all know I've been moaning about material farming for a while now and we're probably all sick of listening to me.
    Maybe more sick of that then the actual farming, am I right? :pac:

But I'm trying to do something about it. It doesn't cost anything, it takes less than 20 seconds and you ALL should have Bungie accounts to do this.

Thanks in advance all.

JZlFBeM.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was messing round with the IB scout rifle yesterday. It was doing three times the damage of a partially upgraded multi tool from range on the Walker. It may not upgrade well (I don't know) but early signs are it's some gun.

Only thing I missed from IB was that damn machine gun. It just wouldn't drop. Also only got two ships so my Hunter class doesn't have one.

The stats on Gheleon are pretty sick. It has the best range out of any scout, equal to a sniper. Has very good stability and impact, as well as firefly. It has a 16 rd mag but the reload speed is fast. It's main draw backs are the lack of elemental damage and not being full auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 french_bloke

So I jump in to do a moon mission just to grab the bounty for banuk slaying. There happens to be a public event just up the hill, so I join in, someone rockets the dropship and kills all the minions, I see a purple engram drop from the sky, happy days I pick it up! So back in the tower the cryptarch decodes it to reveal "the Truth"!
    Exotic rocket launcher, from a purple engram drop, just from running a level 12 public event!!
    Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, for those that play remotely via the Vita, you can use the awesome emote system. To sit, just press down on the d-pad and X at the same time, to dance, just press right and O at the same time. The rotation follows suit for the others. Up and Triangle, Left and Square.

• Advertisement

Who wants to see the new DLC Gear eh?

I can already spot 4 of which are Raid Specific weapons (see the 2nd last upgrade tree for a buff similar to the "kill all the oracles" one")

Also all the Armour shown has a Base level of 30 Light.... currently the base Light for Legendaries and Exotics is 18-21.

http://imgur.com/a/2xOdb

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2n5z58/all_of_the_dark_below_new_upgrade_perks/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Some of them guns look class

Who wants to see the new DLC Gear eh?

I can already spot 4 of which are Raid Specific weapons (see the 2nd last upgrade tree for a buff similar to the "kill all the oracles" one")

Also all the Armour shown has a Base level of 30 Light.... currently the base Light for Legendaries and Exotics is 18-21.

http://imgur.com/a/2xOdb

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2n5z58/all_of_the_dark_below_new_upgrade_perks/

I saw those on reddit yesterday. Did you notice some of the weapons have above 300 attack. There was also a developer interview and they showed other it's and two items can apparently be used on your current armour and weapons to increase them further.

They really need to increase the vault capacity though !!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Murmur can be switched between arc and solar burn whenever you want, that's pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

how did the Hard raid end last night? Group I was in got past the maze, and I had to bug out (well past 11). Was it finished?

how did the Hard raid end last night? Group I was in got past the maze, and I had to bug out (well past 11). Was it finished?

Twas yes, in fact we got Atheon down in about 5 runs.
    Terry got the Vex Mythoclast and I got my Helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Twas yes, in fact we got Atheon down in about 5 runs.
    Terry got the Vex Mythoclast and I got my Helm.

Feck, sure ye would have failed it had I stayed around to drag ye down!

Feck, sure ye would have failed it had I stayed around to drag ye down!

Should be plenty other Hard Runs on it during the rest of the week, the other team stopped about the same time you left and we'd already had Toaster and Sniper leave so I have no doubt there'll be plenty other chances to complete it.

Still, defending the confluxes is by far and away the most difficult part IMHO, so once that's done. it's plain sailing.

Also I checked our Raid stats for that run..... Sorry for being so $h!t :o

Who's for some Destiny Humour :pac:
    Yo mama so fat her subclass is Bunslinger
    Yo mama so fat, she takes all 6 slots in the roster.
    Yo mama so fat, even atheon can't teleport her.
    Yo mama so fat, her ghost is the traveler.
    Yo mama so ugly, atheon voluntary jumps of the edge.
    Yo mama is so fat that she refers to any part of her body below her belly button as "The Dark Below."
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Q. Why did the Titan abandon the moon strike?

A. Because he Phogoth his trousers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement