Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos w28 Dual Core 7" Tablet €63

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Allyall wrote: »
    Did you brick it?

Did you try to do anything to it?
    No, nothing else. Don't think it's bricked, the charging animation came on screen tonight for 2 or 3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ppshay wrote: »
    No, nothing else. Don't think it's bricked, the charging animation came on screen tonight for 2 or 3 seconds.
    Could be a loose connection,

Have you tried another charger?

The chargers that come with them are terrible.

Could be a loose connection,

Have you tried another charger?

The chargers that come with them are terrible.
    Yeah, I actually bought two. Other one is fine but is away on holidays with it's owner. Will have to wait till he's back next week so I can try his charger. But its the same via DC and USB power.

Yeah, I actually bought two. Other one is fine but is away on holidays with it's owner. Will have to wait till he's back next week so I can try his charger. But its the same via DC and USB power.

When you try USB and DC, are you using the same cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

The Bull wrote: »
    Having read the good reviews by Stephen of his ramos, I decided to go for a higher spec one, I just after purchasing this one for 128.55 euro ($172) incl shipping Fed ex 5 -7 days or so. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-9-4-Ramos-w41-Quad-Core-IPS-Tablet-PC-1-5Ghz-CPU-1G-RAM/738971981.html
    Theres one still left at this price and it is the cheapest quad core IPS tablet I've seen online. Hopefully the customs cost wont be too much, I will keep u posted on that one:pac:

hi The bull,

Thanks for your informative posts on this tablet. do you mind me asking if this was the seller you bought from and did you ask for a lower cost to be put on the customs invoice?

Thanks,
    Tom

• Advertisement

When you try USB and DC, are you using the same cable?
    Different cables.

Thanks.

So, the tablet has just decided that it will come on! Battery is at 100%. Don't know what's wrong with it. Should I do that firmware upgrade anyway?

So, the tablet has just decided that it will come on! Battery is at 100%. Don't know what's wrong with it. Should I do that firmware upgrade anyway?

Yep.

It may have been that it needed to be left charging.
    You may have got lucky with the connection tonight.
    It may have been upgrading and you interrupted it (initially).
    Etc..
    There are many things that could have happened.

But yep, Upgrade, and backup.

Custrom Rom is suggested on those, but after your incident, I'd wait, give it a month or a couple of weeks.

Yep.

It may have been that it needed to be left charging.
    You may have got lucky with the connection tonight.
    It may have been upgrading and you interrupted it (initially).
    Etc..
    There are many things that could have happened.

But yep, Upgrade, and backup.

Custrom Rom is suggested on those, but after your incident, I'd wait, give it a month or a couple of weeks.
    OK, thanks.

Hope it starts up this time after the reboot. I'll give it a go.

hi The bull,

Thanks for your informative posts on this tablet. do you mind me asking if this was the seller you bought from and did you ask for a lower cost to be put on the customs invoice?

Thanks,
    Tom

That is an oldish post (In terms of Tablets)

There are Hitachi, Ainol, and many other Quad Core tablets with better spec available for less (half the price).
    But there are also some Better known Dual-Core with great spec, and support, closer to home, that will do all you need to do, for around €100.

There's a lot to look at.

There are Samsung/Acer/Asus/Blackberry Tablets, to name a few available here for a good price.

A lot of them were caught out with market flooding, and the speed they upgraded. They are still great for everyday use, and can be bought for a much lower price than they were released a year or so ago.

You might get better info out of the Android Forum

• Advertisement

Sorry for all the questions...

Does the micro sd card go in flush? Mine doesn't seem to catch and the end of it is stuck out.

Sorry for all the questions...

Does the micro sd card go in flush? Mine doesn't seem to catch and the end of it is stuck out.

No problem.

Does it just push in?
    Or does it push in, spring slightly back into a lock position?

It should be flush, but if the spring lock isn't on it, then maybe it's a push/pull.

Can it read the Micro SD when it's in?

No problem.

Does it just push in?
    Or does it push in, spring slightly back into a lock position?

It should be flush, but if the spring lock isn't on it, then maybe it's a push/pull.

Can it read the Micro SD when it's in?
    If I hold it in place the tablet will read it, but it's not staying in, just springing back out.

If I hold it in place the tablet will read it, but it's not staying in, just springing back out.

Use your finger nail, or a match/Corner of credit card. Something blunt but thin enough to push it all the way in. You should be able to feel it "lock" into position. When it pushes all the way in, there's a click, and it'll spring a little out, but this time, not all the way.

Use your finger nail, or a match/Corner of credit card. Something blunt but thin enough to push it all the way in. You should be able to feel it "lock" into position. When it pushes all the way in, there's a click, and it'll spring a little out, but this time, not all the way.
    Got it :)

It's updating now.

The problem might be with the power on/off button. It hard to get it to turn on, have to press the button lots of times.... but it switches off no problem with one press.

Maybe it slow starting for some reason.

Update finished.

It says Mobile Standby is 80% of battery use. Can this be disabled as a 3G card will never be in the tablet?

Edit: The update seems to have fixed the power on problem. Happy days. :)

Update finished.

It says Mobile Standby is 80% of battery use. Can this be disabled as a 3G card will never be in the tablet?

Edit: The update seems to have fixed the power on problem. Happy days. :)

Mobile standby is just what it calls it, when it's not connected to wifi. It's not really doing anything.

You could try ONE OF THESE - all it does is disable Mobile phone service (which you don't have) and still use wifi. There's a few different ones you can try, to find one you prefer.

If you want to get rid of it altogether, root it.

Instructions HERE - USe Google Translate or Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Could anyone advise if the RTE player works smoothly on the tablet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thread is a little stale at this stage..

.. best start a new thread in Tablets forum.

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement