Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos w28 Dual Core 7" Tablet €63

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I just noticed there is a 20 days dispatch time but I paid for DHL 3-8 day shipping, am I seriously going to need to wait up to 20 days for this guy to stick this in his local P/O?

Says in the service agreement that they'll dispatch within 48 hours on the working week. I really can't be bothered with the language barrier either after contacting the seller! I mean I don't mind a wait... but after paying an extra almost 20 dollars for better shipping I'd expect something!

(RE: Language barrier: I genuinely haven't a clue whats going I asked for an ETA dispatch and I got the response "of good nature")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Miike wrote: »
    I just noticed there is a 20 days dispatch time but I paid for DHL 3-8 day shipping, am I seriously going to need to wait up to 20 days for this guy to stick this in his local P/O?

Says in the service agreement that they'll dispatch within 48 hours on the working week. I really can't be bothered with the language barrier either after contacting the seller! I mean I don't mind a wait... but after paying an extra almost 20 dollars for better shipping I'd expect something!

(RE: Language barrier: I genuinely haven't a clue whats going I asked for an ETA dispatch and I got the response "of good nature")

Am guessing this is due to a backlog from the chinese new year? Have a few outstanding orders for other things from china, have been waiting over 2 weeks for a dispatch confirmation. Its the gauntlet you run when ordering from the other side of the world. 3 weeks approx is usually transit time once shipped with normal post.

Am guessing this is due to a backlog from the chinese new year? Have a few outstanding orders for other things from china, have been waiting over 2 weeks for a dispatch confirmation. Its the gauntlet you run when ordering from the other side of the world. 3 weeks approx is usually transit time once shipped with normal post.

So in the real world, paying for better shipping was p*ssing against the wind? :o :pac:

spend a bit extra and get a nexus 7 for 200 quid. 10 hour battery life and guaranteed updates to latest android. great piece of equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

glasso wrote: »
    spend a bit extra and get a nexus 7 for 200 quid. 10 hour battery life and guaranteed updates to latest android. great piece of equipment.

jebus, do the nexus 7 really get 10 hours from their battery?

• Advertisement

Okay someone else responded to my message about shipping on their site with better English. Also I got a 'free bag' of sh!t off them for the tablet? o.o Dont know what in it but I'll keep I'll keep you informed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

glasso wrote: »

Where exactly are you getting a Nexus 7 for €200? Now that HMV are gone the standard price seems to be €260.

That's a long, long way off the €75-€96 this tablet will cost depending on whether it gets nabbed by customs.

Sure the Nexus 7 is a superior tablet but it has it's drawbacks too like no hdmi and no sd card slot.

This tablet is perfectly suited to the light use that many will want it for, but true enough the battery life is the one thing I would be wary of.

invest4deepvalue.com

jebus, do the nexus 7 really get 10 hours from their battery?

with new update, yes it does, has gone from 8 to 10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Just found this thread and thinking of ordering. Have many people actually got this device? Just looking for a review or two.

It seems good for the price, obviously the Nexus would be great but a hell of a lot more expensive.

Does this have HDMI out? And does it have the Google play store or do you have to side load apps?

Thanks

nedd wrote: »
    Just found this thread and thinking of ordering. Have many people actually got this device? Just looking for a review or two.

It seems good for the price, obviously the Nexus would be great but a hell of a lot more expensive.

Does this have HDMI out? And does it have the Google play store or do you have to side load apps?

Thanks

No HDMI, Apps download straight from the play store. Interfaces are minimal (keeps it nice and slim) power/mini USB/microSD/headphone socket

• Advertisement

ok, one last question, whats the story with the power adapter? Does it have a Chinese connection?

Ordering now, getting a OTG cable for €1 while I'm ordering from them. I'm going to ask them to remove Chinese apps and root if possible. Has anyone done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Ordered one last night myself. Didn't order the OTG cable, as far as I can tell from the add you get one free. I asked the seller the stick the tablet in English.

Would anyone recommend me to ask them to root it for me too? What can be achieved from these tablets rooted?

Kevvv wrote: »
    Didn't order the OTG cable, as far as I can tell from the add you get one free.

I think the ad just says it supports OTG. Either way it only cost me a quid.

I asked them to include one of those Gift Bags with the Case, Stylus and OTG cable. I dont know if i will get it but thought it was worth a punt.

I don't know if there is any reason to root something like this, i doubt there are custom roms available for it and if you can remove the chinese apps without root then no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hochnie

do any of these cheaper tablets come with bluetooth capabilities?

hochnie wrote: »

Very few.

HongKongGeeks have a filter on their search so you can search for features like built in bluetooth so you can narrow down which models have it then search other sites for the best price you can get. Be sure to triple check the specs as they will often say that a tablet supports a bluetooth dongle which is easily confused with thinking it is built in.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Took the plunge and ordered one of these.
    We'll see what happens when it gets here in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

wifi works good and was able to stream from my Dreambox.

What apps did you use for this?

They're actually sold out of the 8GB version atm so I paid them the extra 6 or so dollars for a 16GB one just speed up the shipping and have less downtime.. I want this thing yesterday! It's in DHLs hands now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

The Bull wrote: »
    Having read the good reviews by Stephen of his ramos, I decided to go for a higher spec one, I just after purchasing this one for 128.55 euro ($172) incl shipping Fed ex 5 -7 days or so. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-9-4-Ramos-w41-Quad-Core-IPS-Tablet-PC-1-5Ghz-CPU-1G-RAM/738971981.html
    Theres one still left at this price and it is the cheapest quad core IPS tablet I've seen online. Hopefully the customs cost wont be too much, I will keep u posted on that one:pac:

I bit the bullet and brought one as they are reduced again :pac

preddy wrote: »
    What apps did you use for this?

Android Dreamer

• Advertisement

hochnie wrote: »

Im sure some of the other tablets from this brand do obviously at a cost

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebelRed90

Having read the good reviews by Stephen of his ramos, I decided to go for a higher spec one, I just after purchasing this one for 128.55 euro ($172) incl shipping Fed ex 5 -7 days or so. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-9-4-Ramos-w41-Quad-Core-IPS-Tablet-PC-1-5Ghz-CPU-1G-RAM/738971981.html
    Theres one still left at this price and it is the cheapest quad core IPS tablet I've seen online. Hopefully the customs cost wont be too much, I will keep u posted on that one:pac:

Thinking of getting one of these myself. Are aliexpress reliable thou? Googled reviews on them as a supplier and it seems fairly hot and cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

RebelRed90 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these myself. Are aliexpress reliable thou? Googled reviews on them as a supplier and it seems fairly hot and cold?

All is going good for me so far. Ordered last week and according to the tracking number it cleared customs this morning in Dublin and is en route with the delivery driver :D

Aliexpress is a marketplace similar to ebay with a variety of merchants, some good, some not so good and the odd scammer for good measure.

Take the same precautions as you would in buying from ebay, check how long the seller has been operating, feedback etc.

invest4deepvalue.com

Ya i decided to buy it anyway, however had some problem. Dont know if maybe I entered my security details wrong or something...

Got this email first,
    Payment successfully made

Payment for Order No. ********* has been accepted.

The Delivery Status is currently "Awaiting Shipment".The supplier must ensure all goods are delivered before the delivery date and add tracking details for your shipment(s) to AliExpress.com .

Then shortly after this email I got another.

Your Order No. ********** has been closed

Thank you for shopping on AliExpress ! Unfortunately, your payment could not be verified and Order No. ********** has been closed for security reasons. If you need further clarification or assistance, you may sign in to your order page and submit a claim for this order.
    Meanwhile, please be advised that the fund for this order has not been deducted by AliExpress. However, some banks would hold this payment in this situation. Usually the bank will reserve the payment for up to 7-10 working days before releasing back to the card holder.

Ya i decided to buy it anyway, however had some problem. Dont know if maybe I entered my security details wrong or something...

Got this email first,
    Payment successfully made

Payment for Order No. ********* has been accepted.

The Delivery Status is currently "Awaiting Shipment".The supplier must ensure all goods are delivered before the delivery date and add tracking details for your shipment(s) to AliExpress.com .

Then shortly after this email I got another.

Your Order No. ********** has been closed

Thank you for shopping on AliExpress ! Unfortunately, your payment could not be verified and Order No. ********** has been closed for security reasons. If you need further clarification or assistance, you may sign in to your order page and submit a claim for this order.
    Meanwhile, please be advised that the fund for this order has not been deducted by AliExpress. However, some banks would hold this payment in this situation. Usually the bank will reserve the payment for up to 7-10 working days before releasing back to the card holder.

Usually this means your back wouldn't allow the payment suspecting "fraudulent activity" I'd give them a ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

I bit the bullet and brought one as they are reduced again :pac

OK Guys, Got the Quad core delivered this morning by Fedex, The good news for me was there was no customs charge so have the tablet in hand for 129 euros :D. When it was finially sent it took 7 days to get here with Fedex from HK. I did add a message to the sender to mark the package as a gift and at a value of $70 dollars. There was a commerial invoice inside for the $70 attached in the front of the package. Dont know if this had a bearing at the customs desk? Now only had a chance to play around with it for an hour but its very sturdy and very bright like a Ipad. The touchscreen is very good and easy to use. Android 4.1.1 is loaded and flash player appears to be working but will have to try out rte player later. Tried Netflex and it works well with the sound surprisingly good. Im not much of a tech geek but works fine in google play and there were a few hd videos on it and they play very smoothly. There is alot of china apps on it but thats easily sorted. The tablet came with a two pin american plug with two pin european adaptor but no three pin pluh for here. Not a big problem but can be a pain if you dont have one. The tablet had about 60% charge on it so enough to get going without an charge. Will come back with more news when i get to play around with it a bit more. At this price so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AndrewR

Just had the same problem - "Your Order No. 1110651803 has been closed" - anyone got any advice on what to do next:
    Retry transaction?
    Contact VISA?

TIA

AndrewR wrote: »
    Just had the same problem - "Your Order No. 1110651803 has been closed" - anyone got any advice on what to do next:
    Retry transaction?
    Contact VISA?

TIA

i rang my bank when it happened to me and they said no transaction took place even thou payment was confirmed for a few hours before it was cancelled.

I didnt bother following up on trying to buy it, simple decided to squander my money on sportsdirect for the day instead! Bought loads of sh*t!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Does this suport flash?

**edit**

the device mentions flash in the title :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement