Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos w28 Dual Core 7" Tablet €63

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

ppshay wrote: »
    Yeah, the W28.

You need to check with the vendor as mine was a present for someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yeah, the W28.

I don't have this tablet, but presumably its the same as any android tablet, I doubt you would have to go back to the vendor for this.

If it is the same as other tablets,

http://liliputing.com/2013/02/how-to-change-the-language-on-android-tablets-chinese-english-etc.html

should do the job. It has instructions and link to youtube video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

going to order one tonight folks, eta on delivery to Dublin anyone?

Merci :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    going to order one tonight folks, eta on delivery to Dublin anyone?

Merci :)

Roughly 2-4 weeks realistically is what you can expect from standard post. Unless you pay for Courier.

Incidentally, the Quad-Core Ainol Novo Crystal 2 has been released and reduced since the OP.

It can be got for around €70 Delivered now..

Or
    €90 Using DHL on HongKongeek (Duty refunded if paid)
    €85 Using DHL on AliExpress
    €93.55 Using EMS on GeekBuying
    €103 Using EMS on McBub
    €102.29 Using EMS on In4Dealz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

Rate ainol tablets, decent quality and usually well supported on slatedroid. Great price for the crystal 2 there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

Allyall wrote: »
    Roughly 2-4 weeks realistically is what you can expect from standard post. Unless you pay for Courier.

Incidentally, the Quad-Core Ainol Novo Crystal 2 has been released and reduced since the OP.

Or
    €103 Using EMS on McBub

Any idea where it can be got for €70? Looks like a great deal.

Any idea where it can be got for €70? Looks like a great deal.

The Aliexpress link, using normal China post.

3OmUsXc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Or
    €103 Using EMS on McBub

Which one would you suggest mate? Quality vs Price.

Can you insert and external memory card in to both of these?

thanks

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Which one would you suggest mate? Quality vs Price.

Can you insert and external memory card in to both of these?

thanks

I'd say the build quality on both would be pretty similar.
    I'd go for the Ainol.

It has a Quad-Core Processor, HDMI out and a slightly better battery. Doesn't sound like a Spanish/Mexican Boyfriend.
    Also comes with Android 4.1.. (Although, Ramos can most likely be upgraded).

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I'd say the build quality on both would be pretty similar.
    I'd go for the Ainol.

It has a Quad-Core Processor, HDMI out and a slightly better battery. Doesn't sound like a Spanish/Mexican Boyfriend.
    Also comes with Android 4.1.. (Although, Ramos can most likely be upgraded).

Just got the Ainol Crystal2 from Hongkonggeek on Friday . Very impressed so far without doing anything to it . Build Quality is great and battery life so far has been excellent. Havent tried to anything too rigourous yet , but so far has coped with everthing ive thrown at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

just saw this
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Nextway-F8S-8--Android-4-1-OS-Tablet-PC-Capacitive-Dual-Core-RK3066-CPU-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-Dual-Camera-HDMI-314724.html

I am going to purchase in the morning.. whats the verdict ... this nextway V aniol crystal 2 ?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

What are people getting from the batteries on these cheap tablets? I got the Q88, it arrived 2 weeks ago, I am only getting 40-60 use, I have tried afew things like reducing the brightness etc and its making no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

On my Ramos 28 I get about 2 hours of video watching max.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    What are people getting from the batteries on these cheap tablets? I got the Q88, it arrived 2 weeks ago, I am only getting 40-60 use, I have tried afew things like reducing the brightness etc and its making no difference.

Ive the Ainol Crystal 2 and Ive spent about 3 hrs installing Apps ,configuring and testing video etc.. on a full charge and ive about 35% left. After next full charge , I'm going to set it playing videos (with all else off WiFi etc..) till it runs out. Will post results

OK for anyone still following this , I had 31% battery left this evening and managed 3 hrs 40 mins of video from that. I had Brightness set to about 40% and wireless/email turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Thanks, I seems to have been sold a dud :( the battery drops rapidly on airplane mode with no apps open,

Must email them

Ordered two of the Ainol Crystal 2s. One for me and the missus. Just used regular China post. €149 for the two tablets and two leather cases. Not too shabby. Cheers Allyall!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 andyyupyup

Hi can anyone tell me if Skype is working on this? I'm living in china and would be very interested in one of these..

andyyupyup wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me if Skype is working on this? I'm living in china and would be very interested in one of these..

Yep, Skype should be working on all Android devices. You'd porbably pick it up (The tablet) over there for €5.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

For anyone interested, there seems to be a bit of a community in foreign lands who are rooting and custom romming this.

This is a German Blog that is linking to some info, I used the guide to rooting and it worked perfectly.

http://ramos-w28.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

My Ainol Crystal 2 arrived a few days back. Pretty happy with it so far. However, I used a program from the Play Store called hardware info to grab some specs. A few of the specs aren't the same as advertised, i.e. the resolution, the RAM and the CPU clock are all a far bit slower than advertised.

Just curious if it's the norm to falsely advertise with tablets or perhaps the values the app is reporting are incorrect?

The hardware spec report is attached.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Got two W28s and I think the battery is one is faulty. It won't power on. When plugged in, the charging indicator on screen comes on for a few seconds and goes away again. On the other, the indicator stays on until the tablet is charged.

I opened it up and the battery has these numbers: "-3075109" and "+130111". I put these into Google and Ebay but got no results.

Anyone any idea where I could get a battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Has anyone come across a suitable (cheese?) case for the Ramos W27 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Got two W28s and I think the battery is one is faulty. It won't power on. When plugged in, the charging indicator on screen comes on for a few seconds and goes away again. On the other, the indicator stays on until the tablet is charged.

I opened it up and the battery has these numbers: "-3075109" and "+130111". I put these into Google and Ebay but got no results.

Anyone any idea where I could get a battery?

same happened with one of mine, i found if i left it unplugged over night then powered it up it would load up fine then die after 20 min or so. i contacted the seller he gave me this advice, i done it and its been working perfect ever since.

Pls try to update the firmware for your tablet. The problem will probably be fixed after updating its firmware.
    The steps to upgrade the firmware for w28 are listed as follows.
    1. download latest firmware for w28 from http://dl.vmall.com/c0hx50amva
    2. unzip the W28_20130115.rar and copy the following files to the root directory of a microSD card
    factory_update_param.aml
    u-boot.bin
    recovery.img
    update.zip
    3. switch off the tablet
    4.insert the microSD card in step 1 into the tablet
    5.Hold Vol- button down while turn on the tablet
    6.Release Vol- and Power ON/OFF button after the Google Andy appears
    7.the tablet will upgrade automatically
    8.Do not touch any part of screen in the process of upgrading
    9.the tablet will restart after the upgrade is finished
    If the problem still exists after updating its firmware, pls feel free to contact us.
    Best regards

projectgtr wrote: »
    same happened with one of mine, i found if i left it unplugged over night then powered it up it would load up fine then die after 20 min or so. i contacted the seller he gave me this advice, i done it and its been working perfect ever since.

Pls try to update the firmware for your tablet. The problem will probably be fixed after updating its firmware.
    The steps to upgrade the firmware for w28 are listed as follows.
    1. download latest firmware for w28 from http://dl.vmall.com/c0hx50amva
    2. unzip the W28_20130115.rar and copy the following files to the root directory of a microSD card
    factory_update_param.aml
    u-boot.bin
    recovery.img
    update.zip
    3. switch off the tablet
    4.insert the microSD card in step 1 into the tablet
    5.Hold Vol- button down while turn on the tablet
    6.Release Vol- and Power ON/OFF button after the Google Andy appears
    7.the tablet will upgrade automatically
    8.Do not touch any part of screen in the process of upgrading
    9.the tablet will restart after the upgrade is finished
    If the problem still exists after updating its firmware, pls feel free to contact us.
    Best regards
    Thanks for the advice but the tablet is not charging now at all so I can't switch it on. :(

Does the white charging icon in the middle of the screen stay on until it's fully charged? The icon on mine goes away after a few seconds.

Thanks for the advice but the tablet is not charging now at all so I can't switch it on. :(

How long ago did you get it? Should be under Warranty.

That aside, can you leave it in charging for an hour and ignore it. Don't try to switch it on, and don't check to see if it's charging.

How long ago did you get it? Should be under Warranty.

That aside, can you leave it in charging for an hour and ignore it. Don't try to switch it on, and don't check to see if it's charging.

I left it on overnight a few days ago but it still wouldn't power on. It's been plugged in tonight since before 8pm, still not coming on. Tried both AC and USB power.

I'll check about the warranty, but sending it back might be too expensive, I would guess.

Won't be buying anything more from China.

I left it on overnight a few days ago but it still wouldn't power on. It's been plugged in tonight since before 8pm, still not coming on. Tried both AC and USB power.

I'll check about the warranty, but sending it back might be too expensive, I would guess.

Won't be buying anything more from China.

Depending on who you bought it from, they should pay the shipping.

There may be a few other things to check first. I'll see if i can forward the link.

• Advertisement

Did you brick it?

Did you try to do anything to it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement