Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos w28 Dual Core 7" Tablet €63

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

can someone who has received theirs click on the play store link here and tell me if fifa is compatible with this, im buying it for my nephew and he plays fifa on his friends tablet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.fifa12_row&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lYS5nYW1lLmZpZmExMl9yb3ciXQ..

Roughly how long were people waiting for theirs to arrive via china post?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Mines sitting in customs since Thursday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 danm 72

Guys, can anyone confirm if this tablet has nfc? Testing with a bank card or something would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Also have the tablet in hand a bit now! Got stung for customs! >:(

Miike wrote: »
    Also have the tablet in hand a bit now! Got stung for customs! >:(
    What was the declared value?
    How much did customs catch you for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

got mine today through the post,no customs charged,it was marked as an ereader with a value of 48 dollars,took just over 2 weeks from despatch

tagoona wrote: »
    What was the declared value?
    How much did customs catch you for?

Declared value was $48. They asked me to confirm the price of the product however, so I got rap for 21.50 or something like that. (I had also paid 35 bucks for shipping). Not the end of the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

what is wifi range?

Got caught for 14.50 customs.
    Build quality seems quite good overall. The power switch is slightly looser, but not the worst I've seen.
    Performance, at least on one of the kids games, seems quite good.
    After installing skifta(dlna software) and mxplayer(video player), I can stream 720p quite well. Viewing angle and sound are both good.
    Wifi reception seems about as good as the phone (router upstairs)3 out of 4 bars in sitting room
    Chrome seems a little slow, but I need to play more with it.
    Stock browser is a skinned version of chrome.
    Overall, a very decent bit of kit for < 90 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

I can stream 720p quite well.

I was streaming 1080p over DNLA without issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

How long did everyone have to wait for delivery? I ordered mine on the 13th Feb and its still saying it is in China on the tracking.

K3v wrote: »
    How long did everyone have to wait for delivery? I ordered mine on the 13th Feb and its still saying it is in China on the tracking.

I'd dispute that with Aliexpress. Contact the seller too :/

Miike wrote: »
    I'd dispute that with Aliexpress. Contact the seller too :/
    I would too. Mine ordered feb 19th - customs ireland on mar 7th.
    Although tracking wasn't great.
    A week ago it was in china, next time I checked it was in customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Wifi reception seems about as good as the phone (router upstairs)3 out of 4 bars in sitting room

Thanks, makes it very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Has anyone rooted it yet?

I have mine a while now and the wifi is a bit flakey, sometimes it doesn't reconnect to router properly, and if the screen sleeps the wifi knocks off, even though I have the keep awake setting on.
    I installed an app called "Regpon Wifi Keep Awake" and it has made it a little better.

Next is Flash, flash is installed but I tried watching a couple of live streams yesterday and i was getting sound and no picture.

And some high end games are not working, well the only one I have tried is Real Racing 3 and it isn't working 100%.

Other than these niggles I am delighted with the tablet. Watching video is great on it, I have a 3.5GB MKV file and it loaded no bother in MX Player. Sat last night browsing the web for ages and it was a joy, I was editing spreadsheets in Google Drive without having to zoom in and out.

Mine cost me €81 and that is less than half the price of a Nexus 7 and it is definitely not less than half the quality.

If I could only root it I would be a happy chappy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I would too. Mine ordered feb 19th - customs ireland on mar 7th.
    Although tracking wasn't great.
    A week ago it was in china, next time I checked it was in customs.

The latest tracking detail on mine is "Arrival at inward office of exchange" IE. Does this mean its with customs???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

The latest tracking detail on mine is "Arrival at inward office of exchange" IE. Does this mean its with customs???

I'll answer my own question for others who may want to know the answer.

I got a letter in the post today from customs to declare a value of the item by email. Had to scan the invoice and email to an address provided by customs. Got a reply a few hours later saying that i would have to pay 23 euro duty on delivery next tuesday. Overall cost under 100 so still a decent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

nedd wrote: »
    Has anyone rooted it yet?

I have mine a while now and the wifi is a bit flakey, sometimes it doesn't reconnect to router properly, and if the screen sleeps the wifi knocks off, even though I have the keep awake setting on.
    I installed an app called "Regpon Wifi Keep Awake" and it has made it a little better.

Next is Flash, flash is installed but I tried watching a couple of live streams yesterday and i was getting sound and no picture.

And some high end games are not working, well the only one I have tried is Real Racing 3 and it isn't working 100%.

Other than these niggles I am delighted with the tablet. Watching video is great on it, I have a 3.5GB MKV file and it loaded no bother in MX Player. Sat last night browsing the web for ages and it was a joy, I was editing spreadsheets in Google Drive without having to zoom in and out.

Mine cost me €81 and that is less than half the price of a Nexus 7 and it is definitely not less than half the quality.

If I could only root it I would be a happy chappy.

have the w41 myself and it's rooted. now what do i do to get the most out of it??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Gonna throw mine up here for sale if anyones interested rather than waiting. Cost me about €95 including DHL delivery and customs, but I'll take €85 for it. Cheers

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Gonna throw mine up here for sale if anyones interested rather than waiting. Cost me about €95 including DHL delivery and customs, but I'll take €85 for it. Cheers

:confused: Rather than waiting for what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

:confused: Rather than waiting for what?

Rather than waiting for a delivery from Chiina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I bought this last year. Power supply lasted 6 weeks and then broke. Cannot charge it through the USB port = return to seller = "got lost in the post" sh*te = money down the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

b318isp wrote: »
    I bought this last year. Power supply lasted 6 weeks and then broke. Cannot charge it through the USB port = return to seller = "got lost in the post" sh*te = money down the toilet.

A replacement power supply might have cost you a tenner, and you would be better replacing the power supplies that come with the tablets anyway IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

eamonnq wrote: »
    A replacement power supply might have cost you a tenner, and you would be better replacing the power supplies that come with the tablets anyway IMO.

I'm not sure if there was a declared voltage on the crappy power supply though. I did try another supply at 5V, but it didn't work. It may have had an internal fault too. I ended up assuming it was some form of smart power supply...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

b318isp wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there was a declared voltage on the crappy power supply though. I did try another supply at 5V, but it didn't work. It may have had an internal fault too. I ended up assuming it was some form of smart power supply...

I would be suprised if there is anything 'smart' about the power supplies that come with them, I usually discard the power supply provided and use a decent one with a 3pin plug on it anyway.

When you buy something from China, I think you have to realise that you pays your money and takes your chance, the 'warranty' is usually next to useless as they expect you to pay for shipping it back (and sometimes for shipping the replacement/repaired unit back to you also) and they often claim to have not received the items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Mine is DOA. Gutted.

Edit. Got it on. Looks like the power on switch is dodgy.

How to I change the language to English?

ppshay wrote: »
    How to I change the language to English?

Ramos W28?

• Advertisement

Ramos W28?
    Yeah, the W28.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement