Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astrology - the secret of the universe or just a load of obviously made-up tosh?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Aquarius34 wrote: »

Coming from someone who doesn't clear no anything about it...
    Ignoring your dodgy syntax, how could I know anything about which there is nothing to be known?

Anyway, can we get back to Bendydick's retirement now? You can busy yourself designing the spaceship. Watch out for those constellations though. They can be tricky buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Which is why Xmas is on September 22 and Easter is always around March 20th...oh, hang on.....:rolleyes: (see, I can do roll eyes too. Arn't we clever)

You just don't get it. I'll explain it to you very simply. *Ahem*.....:rolleyes:

And that's all there is to it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Liamario wrote: »
    We're talking about astrology as if it's science or on the pretence that there is some truth to it.

Shure it gives us a break from being anti-Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

in what way?

Astrology came first, and Astronomy came after it. It's going off topic. So it would need another thread for it. But then again, Boards.ie doesn't really cater for higher forms of knowledge It's format is to keep everything, controlled, generic and systematic. Don't look under the surface and don't investigate anything. What people need to understand here is, astrology is used by the Vatican and it's funny that so many people don't realise that on this thread. Am I surprised, of course not. The level of ignorance in this country is shocking on just about anything these days.

:rolleyes:
    Can't help myself now. It's the answer to everything!

• Advertisement

legspin wrote: »
    doublefacepalm.jpg

i've already done that on this thread...

Astrology came first, and Astronomy came after it. It's going off topic. So it would need another thread for it. But then again, Boards.ie doesn't really cater for higher forms of knowledge It's format is to keep everything, controlled, generic and systematic. Don't look under the surface and don't investigate anything. What people need to understand here is, astrology is used by the Vatican and it's funny that so many people don't realise that on this thread. Am I surprised, of course not. The level of ignorance in this country is shocking on just about anything these days.

The stars say you should go over there >>>> and sing the song of the your people.

...So it would need another thread for it...
    No, it doesn't. It REALLY doesn't.

So we're kind of opposed to all bullsh*t? A universal church of anti bullsh*t? A...... catholic.... church of anti bullsh*t?

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Astrology came first, and Astronomy came after it. It's going off topic. So it would need another thread for it. But then again, Boards.ie doesn't really cater for higher forms of knowledge

Astrology can be discussed here ----> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=483

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    So we're kind of opposed to all bullsh*t? A universal church of anti bullsh*t? A...... catholic.... church of anti bullsh*t?

:-)

Atheists are commonly skeptical. But just to be clear for all of the people who think it's a requirement. No, no it's not!

Penn wrote: »
    So... The Pope... What about that then, eh?

He's an Aries.
    The period just ahead of you promises a lot of luck and success. The initiatives you will take in your career or personal life will come off without a hitch. You should think about trying some kind of new activity on a professional level. Take advantage of all the good luck in the air. Don't be afraid to burn the candle at both ends now and live life to the fullest.

WOW :eek: - that explains it all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

It really has come to a sad state of affairs when I am quoting CC Ltd. on their doctrines to prove someone wrong but...

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/astrology

The first paragraph says it all.

Aquarius34 should be the next pope. Sure that would be mad, Ted...

When you read threads such as this, and you see how everything is so suppressed, one can only be certain that Ireland as a country will not change because the mentality people in this country hasn't changed. It look's apparent here and it looks like it's not going to change anytime soon. I cannot understand how people can just stick their heads in the sands to the point that they have to dismiss everything just to suit their own small minded view about how we see the world. Why can'y people just wake up.... ffs.

Sure what's next, the next pope is going to be no different. Obviously. Will child abuse be covered up, surely. Will most people blindly believe in the Church again?, surely. Will corruption continue, of course. Will people still have faith in their leaders, naturally. Will the atheist's still be lost and frustrated about why the world doesn't make sense? Of course. Will we all stil be arguing on threads like this, suppose so.

And of course, religious people and atheist's will continue to fight over whats bread and what isn't.

God this thread only shows up all the more reasons as to why society has not changed and why everything stuck in the ballygobackwards town of ignorance.

When you read threads such as this, and you see how everything is so suppressed, one can only be certain that Ireland as a country will not change because the mentality people in this country hasn't changed and it look's apparent here and it looks like it's not going to change anytime soon. I cannot understand how people can just stick their heads in the sands to the point that they have to dismiss everything just to suit their own small minded view about how we see the world. Why can'y people just wake up.... ffs.

Sure what's next, the next pope is going to be no different. Obviously. Will child abuse be covered up, surely. Will most people blindly believe in the Church again?, surely. Will corruption continue, of course. Will people still have faith in their leaders, naturally. Will the atheist still be lost and frustrated about why the world doesn't make sense? Of course. Will we all stil be arguing on threads like this, suppose so.

God this thread only shows up all the more reasons as to why society has not changed and why everything stuck in the ballygobackwards town of ignorance.

Do you have a newsletter I can unsubscribe from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

understand the movement of the universe.

What does that even mean? If you're referring to movements within the universe, there's already a science to describe and understand them. It's called celestial mechanics. If you're talking about the universe itself actually moving, how could you possibly assert such a thing without first leaving the universe and having an inertial reference frame?

When you read threads such as this, and you see how everything is so suppressed, one can only be certain that Ireland as a country will not change because the mentality people in this country hasn't changed and it look's apparent here and it looks like it's not going to change anytime soon. I cannot understand how people can just stick their heads in the sands to the point that they have to dismiss everything just to suit their own small minded view about how we see the world. Why can'y people just wake up.... ffs.

Sure what's next, the next pope is going to be no different. Obviously. Will child abuse be covered up, surely. Will most people blindly believe in the Church again?, surely. Will corruption continue, of course. Will people still have faith in their leaders, naturally. Will the atheist still be lost and frustrated about why the world doesn't make sense? Of course. Will we all stil be arguing on threads like this, suppose so.

Would you not be more comfortable back over in CT? You certainly wouldn't have to put up with me. Every time I visit I get carded for talking sense.

They lap up your sorta stuff over there. You'd not be long linking those illuminati lads into the story! I think some of them are even serious!

What does that even mean? If you're referring to movements within the universe, there's already a science to describe and understand them. It's called celestial mechanics. If you're talking about the universe itself actually moving, how could you possibly assert such a thing without first leaving the universe and having an inertial reference frame?

Oh here we go. Let me get my calculator, can't use my brain. I'll get my portable laboratory and we can discuss all about it there.

You don' get it, that's why, you don't understand. We go to college/school to be TOLD things as to be true or what is to be true. We don't actually think for ourselves and learn how to think for ourselves and get to know how creation and the universe truly works. Is it any wonder, why humanity as is the mess it's in? This thread is hopeless and it's like clucking straws for me at this point.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

We're all in for it when the Romulans arrive!

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Would you not be more comfortable back over in CT? You certainly wouldn't have to put up with me. Every time I visit I get carded for talking sense.

They lap up your sorta stuff over there. You'd not be long linking those illuminati lads into the story! I think some of them are even serious!

The entire forum is like this. It's like banging your head off thick walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sarky wrote: »
    The ship is made of gold, silly!

Is it spherical, c.150km in diameter and does it possess a planet-destroying superlaser?

The entire forum is like this. It's like banging your head off thick walls.
    Move the word 'thick' in that sentance. You'd be closer to the truth of it. Maybe a padded wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Well, this was an unexpected and bat**** crazy turn for the discussion.... This is for you aquarius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Is it spherical, c.150km in diameter and does it possess a planet-destroying superlaser?

Stop looking for post-retirement options

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Yes ;) For quite an apparent reason, but none that you'd even comprehend nor understand... The sun is in Aquarius right now, and the age we are in the age of Aquarius. They are facts. Those who understand the Zodiac, understand the movement of the universe. 90percent of people who read star signs don't understand astrology or astronomy for that matter.

Stop trying to sound like your smart. You're just been ignorant to what you don't understand....

All I can say is thanks for making me laugh. I was in a sh1t mood but reading your posts of wisdom ...... brilliant.

Really hope your a troll though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Created to hold the astrological part of Ratzinger's resignation thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

You don' get it, that's why, you don't understand.

Lay it on me baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

robindch wrote:
    Astrology - the secret of the universe or just a load of obviously made-up tosh?

I'll take 'B' for 800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Graduated from the homeopathy school of Tosh, with a degree in tosh of the highest order, with honours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement