Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astrology - the secret of the universe or just a load of obviously made-up tosh?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭HHobo

Aquarius34 wrote: »
    Yes ;) For quite an apparent reason, but none that you'd even comprehend nor understand... The sun is in Aquarius right now, and the age we are in the age of Aquarius. They are facts. Those who understand the Zodiac, understand the movement of the universe. 90percent of people who read star signs don't understand astrology or astronomy for that matter.

Stop trying to sound like your smart. You're just been ignorant to what you don't understand....

Perfect irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Zillah wrote: »

Where does your information come from?

You heard him/her. Thinking for yourself means you can just make stuff and it's correct because anyone that disagrees with you is a thoughtless arrogant conformist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Anything is possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

Self awareness. Something no one on this thread has utilized.. Which is really dissapointing and it's obvious that is going to be the case when we all come out of school with our heads ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's ironic that ignorance is always shown by people who think they know it all. Instead they just come across like the class clown at the back of the class.

You seem to be illustrating this point splendidly.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Anything is possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

Did you know that the shape of wave on the nearest beach changes how you digest food?
    You should only swallow food in time with the 7th or 11th waves... and all chewing should be in time with the waves as well.
    I thought of that for myself... therefore it is true.
    Prove me wrong.

Prove.
    Me.
    Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭HHobo

It's ironic that ignorance is always shown by people who think they know it all. Instead they just come across like the class clown at the back of the class.

Oh God stop, you're killing me. You even managed to work the word irony into your mind-blowingly ironic statement. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Self awareness.
    You mean you just dreamed all this stuff up?

Well, that would explain quite a lot.

robindch wrote: »
    You mean you just dreamed all this stuff up?

Well, that would explain quite a lot.

Self awareness, is been aware of you and everything that's around you.

It's really really hard for humans to do it or even imagine to do it. It's just blows their mind Your response is a classic response to my point that you're not aware. All that shows is you trying to look and appear smart to others. But in reality you are only fooling yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Self awareness. Something no one on this thread has utilized.. Which is really dissapointing and it's obvious that is going to be the case when we all come out of school with our heads ****ed up.

So give us an example aside from Astrology and Astronomy where "self-awareness" can be used to learn more about subjects?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭_GOD_

I cannot understand how people can just stick their heads in the sands to the point that they have to dismiss everything just to suit their own small minded view about how we see the world. Why can'y people just wake up.... ffs.

Fools! Remove your heads from the sand! Place heads in arse instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

_GOD_ wrote: »
    Fools! Remove your heads from the sand! Place heads in arse instead!

You've got some questions to answer, "almighty" one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's really really hard for humans to do it or even imagine to do it. It's just blows their mind Your response is a classic response to my point that you're not aware. All that shows is you trying to look and appear smart to others. But in reality you are only fooling yourself.

So in other words, you're right because you know you are.

And you were saying atheists are as bad as the religious? Sounds like you're a lot closer to the religious side than you'd care to admit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I wasn't aware you had a point to make.
    Or was I ?
    Am I only trying to impress myself with my clevertyness?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Malari wrote: »
    So give us an example aside from Astrology and Astronomy where "self-awareness" can be used to learn more about subjects?

Yes. This is interesting.

Please give us an example of how ~self awareness~ can be used to gain information about the world. For example: If I put a closed box beside you could you use ~self awareness~ to work out what is in the box? Actually, I have the box here beside me. It is much closer to you than the sun, and certainly much closer than the stars. Tell me, what is in the box?
    Schizophrenia is a hell of a drug

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'm aware that I exist, and looking around, I see two half-empty cappucino cups, a bottle of cough syrup, two cheque books, some pens, two monitors, a set of headphones, pens, a portable hard drive, four people, eight desks, a network cabinet, a world map, three radiators and lots more besides.
    It's really really hard for humans to do it or even imagine to do it.
    Seems easy enough to me, and I've a sore neck so I can't twist it around too much just at the moment.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Am I only trying to impress myself with my clevertyness?

My new favorite word ever.

This really sounds like you don't consider yourself a human.

Do you think you're not human?

Penn wrote: »
    So in other words, you're right because you know you are.

And you were saying atheists are as bad as the religious? Sounds like you're a lot closer to the religious side than you'd care to admit.

LOL.. religion is mind control. Education is mind control. Athesim is mind control. 7 billion people perfectly herded and all following the curriculum.

I can assure you I know exactly who I am. Religion was created to herd the masses.

Self awareness can only make you realise these things. That's what self awareness does to you. It reminds you of who you really are and not what society dictated you to be growing up since birth. What self awareness does to you does the same to me.

When I said earlier about no one on this thread practices self awareness, I meant that. People react to me in the way that they do because they don't know how else to react to people who mirror back to them and show them things they cannot see in themselves or face up too. The idea is to laugh and just keep pointing away from self because that's what humans do when they get reality shun at them. The truth is blinding to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

LOL.. religion is mind control. Education is mind control. Athesim is mind control. 7 billion people perfectly herded and all following the curriculum.

I can assure you I know exactly who I am. Religion was created to herd the masses.

Self awareness can only make you realise these things. That's what self awareness does to you. It reminds you of who you really are and not what society dictated you to be growing up since birth. What self awareness does to you does the same to me.

When I said earlier about no one on this thread practices self awareness, I meant that. People react to me in the way that they do because they don't know how else to react to people who mirror back to them and show them things they cannot see in themselves or face up too. The idea is to laugh and just keep pointing away from self because that's what humans do when they get reality shun at them. The truth is blinding to many.

Do you believe you are the only person who is self-aware? Can you give an example of someone in the public arena who you believe is practicing self-awareness?

• Advertisement

People react to me in the way that they do because they don't know how else to react to people who mirror back to them and show them things they cannot see in themselves or face up too. The idea is to laugh and just keep pointing away from self because that's what humans do when they get reality shun at them. The truth is blinding to many.

I don't think they're pointing away from truth. I think they're pointing you out to your friends.

This really sounds like you don't consider yourself a human.

Do you think you're not human?

I'm not. I don't follow. I don't mix with them. I don't accept the behaviours, the abuse, the mind control they advocate and get themselves cot up in. I don' folow or accept what this society has created. It doesn't mean to say I am perfect or "higher". I am no more perfect than anyone else. But I do not ascribe to this species and the older I get the more repulsed and disgusted I become by what I see hear and witness in our world today. Only self awareness can show you that. Compassion and empathy also plays apart too because once you're aware, you feel compelled to change things here. That's what people who are self aware here do. Most humans are not self aware, because they have not been taught to be self aware. They have been taught to be slaves.

I will be honest too, I am very angered by what they have done to the humans here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I gather from your use of the future tense that you're still of a school going age? Might go easier on you so. Foolishness is a virtue in the young.

I don't think they're pointing away from truth. I think they're pointing you out to your friends.

The truth doesn't win you friends.

endacl wrote: »
    I gather from your use of the future tense that you're still of a school going age? Might go easier on you so. Foolishness is a virtue in the young.

Been ageist is not going to win the argument to your favour. If you want get smart with me, go ahead. But you will fail on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

I don't think they're pointing away from truth. I think they're pointing you out to your friends two people in white clothes with a oversized novelty net.

Fix'd

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

How do you know that you aren't under the influence of mind-control? You could be under the influence of an alien society hell-bent on destroying all knowledge on Earth?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

They truth will set you fret.

I'm not. I don't follow. I don't mix with them. I don't accept the behaviours, the abuse, the mind control they advocate and get themselves cot up in. I don' folow or accept what this society has created. It doesn't mean to say I am perfect or "higher". I am no more perfect than anyone else. But I do not ascribe to this species and the older I get the more repulsed and disgusted I become by what I see hear and witness in our world today. Only self awareness can show you that. Compassion and empathy also plays apart too because once you're aware, you feel compelled to change things here. That's what people who are self aware here do. Most humans are not self aware, because they have not been taught to be self aware. They have been taught to be slaves.

I will be honest too, I am very angered by what they have done to the humans here.

I'm intrigued, so many questions.

What is your species called and where is it from?
    Is your species carbon or silicon based?
    What wonderous technology (beyond internet access) can you share with the humans?

• Advertisement

Im guessing neither does going outside with no trousers on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement