Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astrology - the secret of the universe or just a load of obviously made-up tosh?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 3:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Aquarius34 wrote: »
    I'm not an Atheist, they too, are as lost as people who believe in religion.
    Says the poster with a starsign in their username.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,336 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm a realist...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83049702&postcount=298

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Penn wrote: »

Hahaha, oh man. Aliens. You poor foolish atheists and religious believers, it was aliens you fools, aliens!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm a realist...
    OK. Now thread goes haywire!

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

Dades wrote: »
    Says the poster with a starsign in their username.

Yes ;) For quite an apparent reason, but none that you'd even comprehend nor understand... The sun is in Aquarius right now, and the age we are in the age of Aquarius. They are facts. Those who understand the Zodiac, understand the movement of the universe. 90percent of people who read star signs don't understand astrology or astronomy for that matter.

Stop trying to sound like your smart. You're just been ignorant to what you don't understand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Stop trying to sound like your smart. You're just been ignorant to what you don't understand....

<irony detector explodes>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The sun is in Aquarius right now
    ah, so *that's* where it's been. no wonder it's been so cold and dull.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sarky wrote: »
    <irony detector explodes>

/Hands Sarky a tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Yes ;) For quite an apparent reason, but none that you'd even comprehend nor understand... The sun is in Aquarius right now, and the age we are in the age of Aquarius. They are facts. Those who understand the Zodiac, understand the movement of the universe. 90percent of people who read star signs don't understand astrology or astronomy for that matter.

Oh look, we've been joined by Mystic Meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

*checking dictionary for definition of 'realist'*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Those who understand the Zodiac, understand the movement of the universe.
    since the zodiac only concerns itself with visible stars, and at best, one other visible galaxy, how does the second part of that sentence follow from the first part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Stop trying to sound like you're smart. You're just being ignorant to what you don't understand....

Ahaha. Facts. Like the Tooth Fairy? Tell us more.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

since the zodiac only concerns itself with visible stars, and at best, one other visible galaxy, how does the second part of that sentence follow from the first part?
    Indeed. It's like watching the trees blowing outside your window and calling yourself a meteorologist.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Oi Sunshine- this is the most successful thread I've ever started so I would appreciate it if you would take your crazy somewhere else.

We're full up here.

Now, back on topic - Ex Benedict for breakfast - *chuckle*

Sorry. My mistake. Thread just got good!

*Divilment Mode, Engaged*

Do tell us more about all the stuff we don't understand about aliens, DNA, and alien DNA!

Will there be lizards? I really hope there'll be lizards!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

because one of them is complete bollocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

endacl wrote: »
    Sorry. My mistake. Thread just got good!

*Divilment Mode, Engaged*

Do tell us more about all the stuff we don't understand about aliens, DNA, and alien DNA!

Will there be lizards? I really hope there'll be lizards!

raptor-jesus21.jpg

It all makes sense now.

Oh look, we've been joined by Mystic Meg.

You obviously didn't read or get my point. 90 percent of people who read starsigns don't understand astrology

Mystic meg, starsign readings, newspaper horoscopes are a pile of trash.

People who understand, hold and seek knowledge, take astrology very seriously along with many other branches of subjects that were widely taught in ancient times. Most of such knowledge goes right over the common joe soap now. The Jesuits for example who run the catholic church take astrology very seriously. Just as the Greeks did, Egyptians did and the ruling elite do today.

It's ironic that ignorance is always shown by people who think they know it all. Instead they just come across like the class clown at the back of the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yes ;) For quite an apparent reason, but none that you'd even comprehend nor understand...

Oh c'mon then :) Let's have it.

You obviously didn't read or get my point. 90 percent of people who read starsigns don't understand astrology

Mystic meg, starsign readings, newspaper horoscopes are a pile of trash.

People who understand, hold and seek knowledge, take astrology very seriously along with many other branches of subjects that were widely taught in ancient times. Most of such knowledge goes right over the common joe soap now. The Jesuits for example who run the catholic church take astrology very seriously. Just as the Greeks did, Egyptians did and the ruling elite do today.

It's ironic that ignorance is always shown by people who think they know it all. Instead they just come across like the class clown at the back of the class.

I can feel my virgo rising - oh, no it's actually vomit.

Oh c'mon then :) Let's have it.
    Be careful. I sense The Farce is strong in this one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

People who understand, hold and seek knowledge, take astrology very seriously
    The Jesuits for example who run the catholic church take astrology very seriously.

Colour me impressed :pac:

The Zodiac is the study of our sun moving through cosmos. If you know where you're going, you understand where you are. If you don't know where you are going what chances are they knowing what you are, where you are now and where you are heading. But as usual, people don't have a clue about ancient knowledge. But what is a fact that is worth knowing to all of you is the Jesuits who control the Vatican, do take astrology very seriously.

St Paul's Square is a classic example of such. They show clearly that they built this square for astrological purposes. Roman Catholicism itself have their feast days and celebrations on the time of the Equinoxes. It's very evident plain in sight. But of course, it's just going to go right over most people. As I always say. Ireland is truly stuck in the dark ages when it comes to "knowledge and reality".

But as usual, people on this forum "think they know it all" don't they.:rolleyes:

so is astrology keeping up with the latest developments in astronomy? one would think that would be logical.

so is astrology keeping up with the latest developments in astronomy? one would think that would be logical.

It's actually the other way around. But they do tie together of course.

Astrology doesn't even keep up with the latest developments in astrology.

endacl wrote: »
    Astrology doesn't even keep up with the latest developments in astrology.

Coming from someone who doesn't clear no anything about it...

It's actually the other way around.
    in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

The Zodiac is the study of our sun moving through cosmos. If you know where you're going, you understand where you are. If you don't know where you are going what chances are they knowing what you are, where you are now and where you are heading. But as usual, people don't have a clue about ancient knowledge. But what is a fact that is worth knowing to all of you is the Jesuits who control the Vatican, do take astrology very seriously.

St Paul's Square is a classic example of such. They show clearly that they built this square for astrological purposes. Roman Catholicism itself have their feast days and celebrations on the time of the Equinoxes. It's very evident plain in sight. But of course, it's just going to go right over most people. As I always say. Ireland is truly stuck in the dark ages when it comes to "knowledge and reality".

But as usual, people on this forum "think they know it all" don't they.:rolleyes:

doublefacepalm.jpg

Roman Catholicism itself have their feast days and celebrations on the time of the Equinoxes.

Which is why Xmas is on September 22 and Easter is always around March 20th...oh, hang on.....:rolleyes: (see, I can do roll eyes too. Arn't we clever)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

We're talking about astrology as if it's science or on the pretence that there is some truth to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement