Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Also, how do you root a root an s4 w Baseband I9505dvuamd8 on Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Anyone know why I am getting this from time to time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Anyone bought and tried the NFC chips? Any recommendations, pm please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone know why I am getting this from time to time?

I don't own an S4 but I would assume if you clicked the do not show again before you press ok, it would prevent you seeing that pop up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

leemaree wrote: »

I see you've to replace the back - I wonder if this means it won't work with a custom case?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

leemaree wrote: »

Bit disappointing its only a flat pad. Nokia brought out a handy stand with wireless charging. Handy if your using a night clock app ( which I do)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Bit disappointing its only a flat pad. Nokia brought out a handy stand with wireless charging. Handy if your using a night clock app ( which I do)

Might be of interest.

http://www.tmart.com/Multi-function-Dock-USB-Charger-for-Samsung-SIV-S4-I9500-White_p179013.html

Multifunction-Dock-USB-Charger-for-Samsung-SIV-S4-I9500-White_600x600.jpg?1365732697

Greenman wrote: »

Nothing appealing about the USB one. Wireless one would be the job. I have a little holder that stands up the phone at night for my night clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah I'm having issues with WatchOn too.

I select Ireland and it gives me the option of Sky or UPC which is correct but when I select UPC it mentions that UPC Broadband Holding BV has multiple channel lineup in the 1234 postal code and to answer a question to determine which is my one i.e. do I get channel 102 or 103. Depending on which one I pick I'm getting TV listings/guide for Holland or Germany etc. I have no idea whats going on. If I pick Sky it seems to give the correct english listings!

I have the LG TV working fine but I'd rather the UPC box was working!

Yeah I have the same issue with mine too, doesn't seem to load the UPC Ireland channel lineup at all. I've tweeted Samsung about it but no reply as of yet.

I actually called their tech support line about it but tech support said I needed to talk to their embedded apps team... the embedded apps team told me that I needed to talk to tech support.

I hung up after that as I didn't fancy a game of telephone tennis.

Anybody come up with a fix for this? It's no big deal but it'd be handy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Achilles wrote: »
    Yeah I have the same issue with mine too, doesn't seem to load the UPC Ireland channel lineup at all. I've tweeted Samsung about it but no reply as of yet.

I actually called their tech support line about it but tech support said I needed to talk to their embedded apps team... the embedded apps team told me that I needed to talk to tech support.

I'm just looking for a universal remote that doesn't cost the price of one :rolleyes: . I played with watchON for the first few minutes getting the phone. Haven't used it since.

Its a shame really because i was really excited about having a remote on the phone

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I'm just looking for a universal remote that doesn't cost the price of one :rolleyes: . I played with watchON for the first few minutes getting the phone. Haven't used it since.

Its a shame really because i was really excited about having a remote on the phone

The remote control for the UPC box works fine, I have their new Horizon service and after some trial and error the phone was able to communicate with the box. It's the guide that seems to be the issue.

The remote control for the UPC box works fine, I have their new Horizon service and after some trial and error the phone was able to communicate with the box. It's the guide that seems to be the issue.

Never got it to work with sky... it's currently with the other hidden useless Samsung apps

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bodyhead

really? thats a shame mine works on Sky+, no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Works with my Sky+ too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Never got it to work with sky... it's currently with the other hidden useless Samsung apps

Sorry, bit off topic but did you try enabling content sharing on your sky box settings, that way the app can detect your box on your network. Just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

bodyhead wrote: »
    really? thats a shame mine works on Sky+, no bother

Do you recall which code worked for the Sky box (and which Sky box?)?

I tried this initially and it worked for the sound system and the tv itself but not the box - 2 codes did something but they turned it off instead of changing channel.

Sorry, bit off topic but did you try enabling content sharing on your sky box settings, that way the app can detect your box on your network. Just an idea.

My sky box is not connected to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Lets be clear here, people are talking about using the IR blaster on the phone to change the channels , not have both phone and box connected to the wifi ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Quazzie wrote: »
    For people complaining of bad battery usage. Here is something I discovered. I posted this on another forum so apologies for the poor layout.

My original complaint.

Then I remembered one thing I changed.

Then the result.

Hopefully this helps some people.

Put a Zedge wallpaper on and noticed my battery is draining very fast. Should I switch Zedge wallpapers to phone memory?

• Advertisement

seanbmc wrote: »
    Put a Zedge wallpaper on and noticed my battery is draining very fast. Should I switch Zedge wallpapers to phone memory?

No you'll have to stop using the wallpaper for it to now drain your battery. It's the processing power required for the wallpaper itself that's draining the battery, nothing to do with where the memory is located.

No you'll have to stop using the wallpaper for it to now drain your battery. It's the processing power required for the wallpaper itself that's draining the battery, nothing to do with where the memory is located.

Back to using the ones that came with the phone. Very strange issue.

Back to using the ones that came with the phone. Very strange issue.

Not really, anything processor intensive is going to drain your battery.

Not really, anything processor intensive is going to drain your battery.

Doubt a static wallpaper is that processor intensive. Read the post I was referring to. He was having a similar issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Did you ever find a workaround for this?

Been looking around myself and you're one of the first people that have had this issue!

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue with Spotify on the S4 where the bass is near killed off during playback?

Yeah its the Equalizer going loco...Just turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

GOT IT :D!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Doubt a static wallpaper is that processor intensive. Read the post I was referring to. He was having a similar issue.
    I was. I moved the storage location, but I also downsized the photo size in photoshop. The file it was look at was massive.

Just for anyone having any doubts about whether a static wallpaper can make the difference. It definitely can. I had great battery life, before I changed wallpaper, and since I changed back, but for the couple of days I was using the Zedge wallpaper my batter life easily halved.

Did you ever find a workaround for this?

Been looking around myself and you're one of the first people that have had this issue!

Actually yes I did but I'm honestly not sure what I did to fix it.

When I set it up last night I noticed that it had the correct channel lineup. I selected UPC as my provider and then hit the 'set up later' option when it asked if I received channel 102 or not.

Apparently that allowed it to pick the correct package and not one of the Dutch ones.

Although it still makes the '102' question very confusing as 102 is RTE2 on our EPG. Ohh well!

• Advertisement

This may be true of static wallpapers, not live ones though. Also it really depends on the photo, if it's a photo that has alot of diverse colours for instance it'll take more power for the screen to show you that particlar image so it could very easilly be causing that kind of battery drain.

Advertisement