Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

markc91 wrote: »
    I had been planning to upgrade my bill pay contract to get this in two weeks with meteor and pay €99 for the phone and €49 a month but if i buy it outright payg is there any decent deals i.e would it cost less in the long run?
    Looking around online 3 looks like the best deal and the phone itself is €550 on simplyelectronics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

markc91 wrote: »
    I had been planning to upgrade my bill pay contract to get this in two weeks with meteor and pay €99 for the phone and €49 a month but if i buy it outright payg is there any decent deals i.e would it cost less in the long run?

Contract 12months cost 700

If phone 550 plus 20 month credit cost 790

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

deckie27 wrote: »
    Contract 12months cost 700

If phone 550 plus 20 month credit cost 790

Meteor only do 18 and 24 month contracts, no? That skews the figures a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Cossax wrote: »
    Meteor only do 18 and 24 month contracts, no? That skews the figures a bit.

Nope , they don't advertise it but you can get the phone for 35 a month for 12 months, phone is pricey though at €299

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Tesco mobile have it for €99 but for that you have to sign up for 24 months at €50 a month (unlimited calls, texts, etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I have a bunch of nfc tags that I bought for S2 (before I realized it can't read them), but they don't work with S4. What type/brand of the tags I should buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I have a bunch of nfc tags that I bought for S2 (before I realized it can't read them), but they don't work with S4. What type/brand of the tags I should buy?

Samsung Tec tiles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the logs in phone just show phone calls permanently rather than reverting to everything when you re-open it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I really didn't like the original battery cover.. that one is much better :D
    256242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I really didn't like the original battery cover.. that one is much better :D
    256242.jpg

Looks good! Where did you get it?

PS: Is anyone else's phone heating up a lot at the back around the camera module?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    Looks good! Where did you get it?

PS: Is anyone else's phone heating up a lot at the back around the camera module?

Cheers,
    M
    Everyone's is. Apparently it's normal and within standards

Everyone's is. Apparently it's normal and within standards

Oh righty! And does yours go all laggy when this happens, cause mine sure does :mad:

Oh righty! And does yours go all laggy when this happens, cause mine sure does :mad:

Not extremely. The gallery always lags. Little bit of lag on the lock screen and other parts, but the library is the main lager.

Not extremely. The gallery always lags. Little bit of lag on the lock screen and other parts, but the library is the main lager.

OK and only when the back of the phone is hot mate or usually all the time??

OK and only when the back of the phone is hot mate or usually all the time??

All the time. Try running the phone in safe mode for a day without any apps. Just to make sure it's not some app causing the trouble

All the time. Try running the phone in safe mode for a day without any apps. Just to make sure it's not some app causing the trouble

Thanks man. I am eagerly awaiting the Android Revolution HD ROM for the S4 and hoping that will fix this heating issue? Maybe there will not be one as I can't find anything about it!??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Re drama shot..
    Finally got it to work, wondering if I can delete a shot from the picture after selecting and saving them all, driving me bonkers!

Thanks man. I am eagerly awaiting the Android Revolution HD ROM for the S4 and hoping that will fix this heating issue? Maybe there will not be one as I can't find anything about it!??

Cheers,
    M

What's the buzz with ARHD? It's just a stock ROM. People think that Mike does something magical to the ROM for some reason.

Basil3 wrote: »
    What's the buzz with ARHD? It's just a stock ROM. People think that Mike does something magical to the ROM for some reason.

For me just runs super super smooth and better battery. You know if he is working on one for the S4??

OMG cracked the screen of Galaxy S4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Picked one of these up during the week and absolutely love it. I was very close to getting theHTC One but just preferred the S4 after playing with both.

Anyway, one question, and it's a minor thing - my wallpaper doesn't scroll any more. Regardless of the screen I choose, it's a static image, which is different than my S2. Is this a 4.2.2 thing?

Test

Just wondering if I am paying insurance will the phone be sent away or will I get a new one?

pinkstars wrote: »
    Just wondering if I am paying insurance will the phone be sent away or will I get a new one?

Depends who the insurance is with..

Depends who the insurance is with..

Aviva and Geek Squaud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

SuprSi wrote: »
    Picked one of these up during the week and absolutely love it. I was very close to getting theHTC One but just preferred the S4 after playing with both.

Anyway, one question, and it's a minor thing - my wallpaper doesn't scroll any more. Regardless of the screen I choose, it's a static image, which is different than my S2. Is this a 4.2.2 thing?

It's not a 4.2.2 thing as it happens on my Nexus 7 which is on the same firmware. Not sure why it doesn't happen on the S4... might be a screen transition thing. If you are using Nova Launcher though it does have the the background move option!

Aviva and Geek Squaud

Yeah send it away. Then they replace or repair it

Well my phone is being sent away to be repaired or replaced......
    I dunno how I will manage with a brick in the meantime...

I really would be mad to buy another S4 in the meantime to get me through the week????

Well my phone is being sent away to be repaired or replaced......
    I dunno how I will manage with a brick in the meantime...

I really would be mad to buy another S4 in the meantime to get me through the week????

Depends on the store, but your generally entitled to a replacement within the first month of the phone, if they can replicate the fault.

I had to take screenshots of all the crashing in order to get my first one replaced.

And yes you would be mad

• Advertisement

Got a 70mb update today tagged as stability improvements

Advertisement