Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

CombatCow wrote: »
    The top quest in you list is always the closest one to your current position ;)

:eek:

The hours ive played this game and never knew that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

100+ hours and i never knew that either. I do wish they'd add any quest that is near you to the map. Or the ability to track multiple quests. So many times i rode straight past a quest, but didn't realise because it wasn't being tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

J. Marston wrote: »
    About 35-40% if I remember right.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I got that feeling... where I'm not even that close to finishing the game but I already feel sad knowing it's going to end. Mostly because I know that if I replay it I won't be as interested or intrigued by the dialogue (of both main and side quests) because I've heard it before. I think I know how to save myself from this feeling, though. I'm going to continue playing this tonight, fully enjoying it at my own pace... and when I've completed it (Whenever that is) I'll play it again when I have a stronger GPU to experience the game all over again in 1080p+ 60+fps (comparison to the 720p 60fps I'm on now), along with the big expansion pack they're making! And hopefully I'll be able to nab that on sale by then or something since it's gonna be quite some time before I justify upgrading my GPU given the climate of graphics in games (Star Citizen might push me early on full release though but at least then I'll know it's justified :D).

Yes... that worked. I feel much better about continuing to clear it now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow you really need to do all the sidequests in this dont you? Some of them unfold into equal plots to the main in other RPGs, hope other RPG makers get the message. I don't fast travel for them either, regret doing that for Skyrim now, it cheapens the game world, wont be doing it for Fallout IV. Ive gone back and cleared all the low level quests in my log last night, nearly missed all of the Tower Full of Mice saga and the Peddlers request for help if I hadn't done that.

Pretty funny being back in the starting areas at a higher level, there are cannibal and bandit camps with about 20 mobs in them, one blast of Igni so they're all staggering around screaming then dancing through them lopping of heads without being hit, or just knock them all down with Aard and walk among them shoving your sword into their chests like a cold mofo, I could barely take 3 bandits the last time I was around white Orchard...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Agree with the fast travel to a point. This game lends itself well to not fast travelling, the map is very open and you can outrun nearly everything. In fallout (particularly 3) the map was less open, ****ed if I was going to walk through those metro tunnels every time I wanted to get to the interior of the city. Also if you get caught by a Deathclaw in the wild at anything below level 20 ish its insta death. Not fun.

I think Skyrims map was bigger than the Witcher as it was all joined together. The thought of riding from the mages college to river run routinely is pretty grim. Maybe if I had more time to play the games I'd wander a bit more, but real life gets in the way unfortunately.

Having said all that, I rarely, if ever, fast travel in the Witcher. Its a nice, manageable map to ride across as its broken into sections. Plus it looks fantastic.

It is all a bit flat and swampy would be my only criticism for a lot of it, could do with a few mountain peaks or just large hills to break it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

Thargor wrote: »
    It is all a bit flat and swampy would be my only criticism for a lot of it, could do with a few mountain peaks or just large hills to break it up a bit.

have you visited skellige yet :confused:

Nope, going to clear every ? remaining on the map tonight then jump on the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The hidden stuff in the waters of Skellige became too monotonous, even for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

Agree with the fast travel to a point. This game lends itself well to not fast travelling, the map is very open and you can outrun nearly everything. In fallout (particularly 3) the map was less open, ****ed if I was going to walk through those metro tunnels every time I wanted to get to the interior of the city. Also if you get caught by a Deathclaw in the wild at anything below level 20 ish its insta death. Not fun.

I think Skyrims map was bigger than the Witcher as it was all joined together. The thought of riding from the mages college to river run routinely is pretty grim. Maybe if I had more time to play the games I'd wander a bit more, but real life gets in the way unfortunately.

Having said all that, I rarely, if ever, fast travel in the Witcher. Its a nice, manageable map to ride across as its broken into sections. Plus it looks fantastic.

Agreed. I was walking through a field of sunflowers at sunset the other day. I was like some hippy, it was beautiful!

Ive had a load of moments like that, like when you ride East and burst out of the swamp into big wide grainfields and its nice and sunny. I had a perfect screenshot lined up of Geralt sailing a boat out under the big bridge into Novigrad at sunset another time and I was going to make a Reddit post out of it because it was so good looking, even had a bit of water on the lens, hit print screen, game crashed, an hour of trudging back and forth in town talking to people wiped out, learned about all the trouble people are having taking screenshots of the game that day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

F12 takes a screenshot through Steam no problems.

Anyone tips on further armor to be obtained? I got the lovely Griffin armor and thought no more, but you level up so quickly in Novigrad that I'm now nearly level 19 and have a lot to do before I head to Skellige. So I fancy I'll be a decent level heading over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Corvo wrote: »
    Anyone tips on further armor to be obtained? I got the lovely Griffin armor and thought no more, but you level up so quickly in Novigrad that I'm now nearly level 19 and have a lot to do before I head to Skellige. So I fancy I'll be a decent level heading over there.
    I switched between the Griffin armour and Feline armour as I levelled up - they're staggered levels, so I think around 20 you can put on enhanced Feline, then 23 enhanced Griffin, then 26 is the next Feline upgrade, etc.

Im sticking with Griffin, got the Griffin school points spent anyway so cba looking for different medium armour for feck all gain, Ill go after the enhanced stuff before I go to Skellige probably.

Is there a noticeable difference in fighting in light armour actually?

Is there a noticeable difference in fighting in light armour actually?
    I noticed very little, hence why I kept climbing the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I love that they do such a good job hyping up Skellige that people are apprehensive about going there.

Off to research the Ursine armour then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Off to research the Ursine armour then...

here's a guide for finding out where all the blueprints are sold
    http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/gear-map-locations-for-witcher-armor/

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I love that they do such a good job hyping up Skellige that people are apprehensive about going there.

Haha, true. Though I have loads to do in Velen (the ? marks) so will try complete all of them before heading over.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I have to be honest that I was a bit let down by Skellige compared to Velen/Novigrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have to be honest that I was a bit let down by Skellige compared to Velen/Novigrad.

I have a few friends that lost interest once they reached it, think they were more burned out than anything, but most still have not picked it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was the same myself, it's too disjointed due to the different islands, and travelling across an island is a pain due to the hilly terrain.

Velen is so well depicted though, it feels like there is an actual war going on. It always reminds me of how The Riverlands are described in Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

here is a list of missions that you might miss due to teleporting or just miss due to reasons

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/699808-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71884534

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Respec'd my upgrade path a while ago and decided to do away from the igni, quen, strong attack build. Now my build is quick attack and full adrenaline build. It's higher risk/reward and actually more fun so I'm going to stick with it. Progressed through the story a bit more finally. Streamed for about 4 hours tonight and had a blast.

Too many Witcher contracts involve killing a Noonwraith, which wouldnt be so bad if you didnt always have to traipse back to the contract giver to get something that belonged to the deceased and usually one or 2 other trips to learn the tragic backstory, just get on with it.

I really fcuked up last night, thought Enhanced Griffin Armour was level 16 but a patch has changed it to 18, didn't realise this when I forged it now Geralt is running around in his boxers and Im only half way through lvl 16. Clearing every ?, secondary quest and contract trying to get to 18 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any more on the New Game + mode? Eager to go back for another play through but I'm waiting for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I really fcuked up last night, thought Enhanced Griffin Armour was level 16 but a patch has changed it to 18, didn't realise this when I forged it now Geralt is running around in his boxers and Im only half way through lvl 16. Clearing every ?, secondary quest and contract trying to get to 18 now.

wasn't there something in the last patch release that you get in your inventory about this?

Advertisement