Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im on 1.07 and it hasn't updated, terrified of damaging my saves.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/1/648814844416723875/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Skerries wrote: »
    wasn't there something in the last patch release that you get in your inventory about this?
    Yep some kind of potion that allows you an hour (ish) to level up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yep some kind of potion that allows you an hour (ish) to level up.

The Wolven potion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Modkit is now available.
    Released today, the Modkit enables Witcher community to modify several aspects of the game to their own liking. Thanks to texture import and export, gamers can now modify the looks and feel of in-game objects, while the possibility of substituting meshes allows to insert new models in the game world in place of existing ones. Finally, access to script files opens up an entirely new array or modification options to many in-game aspects, so modders can fire up their imagination and fiddle with item statistics and much more. In order to download the Modkit, head on over to nexusmods.com, the official home of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt mods where you can download the extractor itself as well as some of the existing mods. Don’t forget to check our forums for the Modkit documentation. We simply cannot wait to see all the fantastic creations from the modding community. Should you have any additional questions regarding the capabilities of the kit, make sure to check out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pft, nudity mods have been out for months now :P

Looking forward to seeing what people can do with the mod kit though. It'll be a long time before we see anything major, but hopefully we'll see some more armour and weapons pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

can't wait for the Geralt vs Thomas The Tank Engine battles

OSI wrote: »
    90% of day one mods to involve nudity. Guaranteed.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Pft, nudity mods have been out for months now :P

Looking forward to seeing what people can do with the mod kit though. It'll be a long time before we see anything major, but hopefully we'll see some more armour and weapons pretty quickly.
    When talking to Triss and Yennefer I keep thinking we're literally just a year or two away from when games begin to drag you into shall we say "sad bastard territory" against your will...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

:D Can't wait to play through it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Haven't completed it and won't be replaying it for a few years once I do. Years down the line when I feel like I could do with (and have the money for) a GPU upgrade I'll play it all again at higher resolution and graphics settings. Currently have it set for performance (60+fps).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

NG+ is live on the US psn store for those with that version.

In other news, the redkit turned out to be nothing and they've failed to deliver what the modding community wanted. Profound sadness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

In other news, the redkit turned out to be nothing and they've failed to deliver what the modding community wanted. Profound sadness.

They've already said that any potential Redkit release will be after the two major DLCs. Don't give up hope yet.

I'm fast running out of quests (other than some witcher contracts) and I'm now left with only races as secodary quests (I'm the boxing champ
    Troll was way easier than the bear!
    ). I'm only level 26 - should I go ahead to Isle of Mists or is it worth getting those last 6 or so witcher contracts and/or races done?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was level 27 around there and got bumped up to level 30, you can always go back and do them if you want

Skerries wrote: »
    I was level 27 around there and got bumped up to level 30, you can always go back and do them if you want
    Thanks just not sure if I'm missing out on much. Might do a few and the races and get to 27 myself before going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just checked my time played on Xbox One - 91 hours with a 44% completion

GOG is telling me I'm at 98h 13m w/ 50% trophies. Not going for the trophies so I'm surprised I've even gotten that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

Is the €24.99 DLC worth getting, lads? It says it adds 30 hours, but I'm wary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Corvo wrote: »
    Is the €24.99 DLC worth getting, lads? It says it adds 30 hours, but I'm wary...

I don't know much about it but I know for a fact I will be getting it on launch. 1st expansion in October will be 5-10 hours of extra story and quests while the 2nd expansion in early 2016 will be 15-20 hours, as said by devs anyway.

Have faith in CDPR....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I keep forgetting I have expansions for this already paid for and all still to play. Should be good :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's absolutely worth it.

I've no idea whats in it...but it's more Witcher 3, so by default it's worth it :)

Great game but I think Ill be all Witchered out by the time the DLC comes, I did play II right before starting III though.

One thing that annoys me is that the Witcher Armour sets and swords are so powerful compared to all others, once you have them there doesnt seem to be any point going for guarded treasure or anything like hat anymore so it removes a big chunk of what I love about RPGs, constantly upgrading my gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thargor wrote: »
    Great game but I think Ill be all Witchered out by the time the DLC comes, I did play II right before starting III though.

One thing that annoys me is that the Witcher Armour sets and swords are so powerful compared to all others, once you have them there doesnt seem to be any point going for guarded treasure or anything like hat anymore so it removes a big chunk of what I love about RPGs, constantly upgrading my gear.

I've played through 2, and am finishing up the last book in the series now. I kinda want to finish them before I start the game, but its the thought of spending 200 odd hours on it thats more intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've played through 2, and am finishing up the last book in the series now. I kinda want to finish them before I start the game, but its the thought of spending 200 odd hours on it thats more intimidating.

There's books about the Witcher ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's books about the Witcher ?

Yeah they're Polish fantasy books, first one came out in 1994. There was a movie in 2001 too, supposed to be awful.

Are the books any good Stone? Have the first one but not started it yet, heard they're a bit trashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Music from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available on Spotify, Apple Music & Google Play!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's pretty good but I could do without ever hearing that wailing woman from the combat music again. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah they're Polish fantasy books, first one came out in 1994. There was a movie in 2001 too, supposed to be awful.

Are the books any good Stone? Have the first one but not started it yet, heard they're a bit trashy.

The books are good, I'm enjoying them so far, one thing I will say is that the newer ones are unofficial translations so sometimes elements are lost. He also seems to try out different styles of writing from chapter to chapter and book to book, which can be a bit jarring. For example, in one chapter he'll tell the story normally, then in the next it could jump forward and be told from the point of view of a historian researching the legend of geralt and Ciri.

There is some great humour in there as well though, as well as some very dark parts. Ultimately, and similarly to the game of thrones books, it can suffer from an over abundance of characters, names, places and story threads that lead nowhere.

If you were curious, I'd check out the books of short stories first, they cover a lot of ground such as how geralt met yennefer and ciris origin story. You'll know from them if you want to carry on with the main books centred around the triangle of geralt ciri and yennefer.

Advertisement