Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Goddamnit

lGiuMvd.jpg

The patch seems to have broken a lot of things. Achievements, custom settings, certain quests, weather, animations, save games, and stashes all having issues to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Goddamnit

The patch seems to have broken a lot of things. Achievements, custom settings, certain quests, weather, animations, save games, and stashes all having issues to some degree.

Oh, good thing it hasn't been released to download yet or this past week's DLC....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've had no problems with the new patch on pc. I'm still crashing occassionally but I've had that issue since launch. The new inventory system is a vast improvement on the old. Knowing which books you've read, knowing what ingedients you need at shops, having weight to spare, etc. It's minor sounding but it makes life a lot easier while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So, for someone up to date on whatever patch is the latest for PS4 right now; have they patched the final Skellige horse race yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GodlessM wrote: »
    So, for someone up to date on whatever patch is the latest for PS4 right now; have they patched the final Skellige horse race yet?

The 'race' for the Platinum continues :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've only ever done one horse race, or two actually, if you include one completed as Ciri. Didn't really seem much fun, tbh.

Am I missing out?

Knex. wrote: »
    I've only ever done one horse race, or two actually, if you include one completed as Ciri. Didn't really seem much fun, tbh.

Am I missing out?

Horse Races are awful but they do give you excellent Horse Gear like Saddles, Blinders and Saddlebags. You also need t owin all of them if you're looking to 100%/platinum the game. If you're not interested in either, stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gave up on the horse racing after the race against
    Ezkel back to Kaer Morhen
    when Roach decided to just stop at the entrance way, luckily I had the 100 saddle bags by then.

OSI wrote: »
    This is in the patch notes if that's any use:

3073974077.png

Awesome.

EDIT: Turned on the game, installed patch, race still not fixed. Are you sure those aren't the PC patch notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The consoles and PC now have the same patch notes as V1.07 is a common version for the first time.

• Advertisement

Awesome.

EDIT: Turned on the game, installed patch, race still not fixed. Are you sure those aren't the PC patch notes?

I'd say check out their PS Tech Support forum

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/181-PlayStation-4

You might see if other people have that issue after the patch and if any workarounds are there. Devs regularly read those forums as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Is this patch live on PS4 yet? I still don't have any notification of it downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Is this patch live on PS4 yet? I still don't have any notification of it downloading.

Started downloading for me yesterday.

wes wrote: »
    Started downloading for me yesterday.

Mine still says up to date when I try to force it. In the info it still says V1.05.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mine still says up to date when I try to force it. In the info it still says V1.05.

Ah ok, just realized that I got my version of Witcher from the US store, and that is probably why I got the patch.

The consoles and PC now have the same patch notes as V1.07 is a common version for the first time.

Except PS version is on 1.05 according to my game, and up to date. That's two patches behind PC; not very common.

Except PS version is on 1.05 according to my game, and up to date. That's two patches behind PC; not very common.

The US PSN got V1.07. Its delayed in most of Europe, CDPR are checking why SCEE delayed it. Going forward from now the consoles and PC are on the same version V1.07. They skipped V1.06 for consoles as there was so much stuff to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I've heard the newest patch negatively impacts the frame-rate.

It was already poor in parts, especially heavily forested areas and in rainy sequences. Disappointing if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Keno wrote: »
    I've heard the newest patch negatively impacts the frame-rate.

It was already poor in parts, especially heavily forested areas and in rainy sequences. Disappointing if true.

Definitely making conversations lag for me. Select an option, then an annoying pause before it plays out.

Not all the time, but it was definitely noticeable.

OSI wrote: »
    They did mention their was an issue with the patch not being available on EU PSN for some reasons that they were investigating.

It is honestly probably a problem with the EU PSN itself and not the game as many of the newer MKX DLCs are missing on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Update is finally available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Patch is available to download on Irish PSN now not too fussed the more I read about it

PSN Blog have Witcher DLC listed for this week as New Finisher Animations.
    • The Witcher 3
    • Alternative Look for Ciri
      Free
    • New Finisher Animations (Out 23 July)
      Free

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Something I've noticed with the new patch is they've upped the level requirement for some of the armour, I'm level 24 and had the superior griffin armour but they've upped the level requirement to 26 so I cant use it anymore, at least for the time being anyway. Kind of annoying:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It needed to be done though. Witcher gear is just better than everything else you find/craft so they equalized it a bit by upping the level requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thinking of getting this, but I've never played the first 2... will that make much of a difference?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

.ak wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this, but I've never played the first 2... will that make much of a difference?

It would help to know the background at least, and there's various summaries about the place. All the game fit into the larger arc, with Witcher 1 opening just after Geralts first run-in with the Wild Hunt, and Witcher 3 concluding it.

But at the same time the previous games are reasonably encapsulated and standalone.

Each game also differs significantly from the others. 1 had a simpler rhythm combat, 2 replaced all that, 3 moved to an open world and changed the combat again once more.

But 1 and 2 are very cheap to buy, and offer a lot of playtime for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

new finishing moves DLC gameplay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

.ak wrote: »
    No - I hadn't a notion of the previous two and I bloody love this. I don't have a lot of time to play it, but when I get a few hours I swear it melts time away because it's so engrossing. I also find with some of these type of games, I get bored of side-quests, crafting and the in-game-games fairly quickly and focus on the main quests (for example Dragon Age: Inquisition recently), but the side quests are so well built into the game and are so fun themselves that they're as rewarding as the main quests. Also gwent = mad craic.

Advertisement