Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I've just headed to the Isle of Mists (lvl 27, recommended 22)
    I know this question has been asked already, but to save me trolling back through the pages, have I still got a decent stretch of storyline left to go or am I in the endgame territory?

You've about 25-30% left to go. Could take anywhere from six to twenty hours depending how easily distracted you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭Evade

If you powered through main quests you could probably do what's left in less than 15 hours. If you do side quests and stuff 25+.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I've just headed to the Isle of Mists (lvl 27, recommended 22)
    I know this question has been asked already, but to save me trolling back through the pages, have I still got a decent stretch of storyline left to go or am I in the endgame territory?

10 hours maybe? Cant really remember.

I got the ending where:
    Ciri goes off with her Father leaving Geralt

I read online that this was the good ending but from what Ive heard of the other endings, surely:
    Ciri becoming a witcher
    is the good ending?

Fantastic game but I really don't like how
    After the main story, you continue on before the final chapter so the world is not affected by what just happened. I would have much preferred them talking about the death of the Wild Hunt etc

On the ending:
    While it was grand, they really played it cheaply with Ciri magically going into a portal and somehow destroying the white frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Thanks guys...

Great game overall though. Immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 uberjinks

Hopefully patch 1.07 will be up this week for PS4.

Interested to see what the new 'movement' option for Geralt is, as detailed in the notes. The ability now to store items will be most welcoming as ive had to sell a good few rare enough swords as they were taking up space :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Finished it last night
    Nothing "bad" seemed to be present in my ending. Geralt met up with Ciri and gave her a nice sword, and she went on to be a fully fledged Witcher. Geralt went up north with Yen and had a nice time! Temeria was given back control, albeit as basically a vassal state to Nilfgard.

Incredible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Noopti wrote: »
    Finished it last night...

Incredible game.

They're the endings I would have liked
    except with Triss instead of Yen. She started to get annoying towards the end. Ciri ended up a witcher in mine which was cool. Geralt ended up a celibate bachelor. I knew that threesome was too good to be true :D.

Radovid ruled all and killed all. This was odd and dissapointing because I completed a mission for Dijkstra (?) which was supposed to help assassinate him. Maybe I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Radovid ruled all and killed all. This was odd and dissapointing because I completed a mission for Dijkstra (?) which was supposed to help assassinate him. Maybe I missed something.

There is a bit more to that mission.

You might have just done the setup, but there are 1 or 2 more related missions.
    You will be left in doubt about Radovid's fate if you had done those missions...

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    There is a bit more to that mission.

You might have just done the setup, but there are 1 or 2 more related missions.
    You will be left in doubt about Radovid's fate if you had done those missions...

Ah bugger. He was a proper C.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    They're the endings I would have liked
    except with Triss instead of Yen. She started to get annoying towards the end. Ciri ended up a witcher in mine which was cool. Geralt ended up a celibate bachelor. I knew that threesome was too good to be true :D.

Yeah, that plotline was sort of confusing in that is basically sort of just ends....and you are thinking "um....what next?" But you return to it later in the game if you interact with Dijkstra in a particular way(s) during the quest to find and get Philippa Eilhart. I basically didn't let him kill her, but in exchange I gave him inside information about what Emhyr's plans were. That kept me in his good books and opened a new quest to complete the assassination. I am glad to because I hate Radovid.

• Advertisement

One thing I did find at the end was that it wasn't very difficult. Especially to
    defeat any of the final bosses/battles with the Wild Hunt and their leaders.

I think it was because I did so many side quests, contracts etc so I was level 35, with fully upgraded Master Crafted Feline gear. I also focused nearly all my upgrade points on the sword attacks, so was getting good critical damage and bonuses with the mutagens. I only really focused on adding points to the Igni & Quen signs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is working out at €40 on cdkeys at the minute. I think I might just pick it up when I get paid :)

Sorry meant to say its €40 on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

€21.33 with the following code -3%: ALLKEYSHOP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Stupid question alert but will those CD keys work with an Irish PSN account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The key in the post before yours is for the pc, so definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On FB, Witcher page said the below with a pic of the 3.
    Have you met Jesse Cox, Press Heart To Continue and Angry Joe Show in the game yet? It seems they hang out in one of the caves in Skellige. Here's a BTS picture from their VO recording session.

I actually remember those as the names Jesse and Joe stood out to me but never figured out why. Even though I refused to kill any rock trolls in the game because of how damn awesome they are, I have a burning feeling to load up the game, find them again and break my one rule to get Angry Joe out of my game!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

God I love this game. I know a lot of people are finished with it now but there might still be a few playing through it. I'm only at the family matters quest, not finished it yet but it is excellent. I am finding that the story and the world in the game is so engrossing and believable. I absolutely love it.

Know what else I love? Gwent. Its like my crack. I got to a point where I was advancing the story just to get more cards and new players. Its class.

Random encounters are also class. I was riding around the moors on my way to somewhere (forget where) and passed a guarded treasure marker. Something fecking massive was guarding it, it bellowed at me and I legged it. Whatever it was had a skull beside its level so that's obviously bad news. I'm still only level 6. I like the feeling of genuinely not knowing what's out there, what monster or quest your going to stumble upon over the next hill. Best game I've played since Skyrim, which is the only game I've ever platinumed.

I'm envious of those only starting. You have a fantastic adventure ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Is it this week that patch is out? I've been holding off playing any more until it gets updated, so much armour I want to stash away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Is it this week that patch is out? I've been holding off playing any more until it gets updated, so much armour I want to stash away.

Doubt we'll see it this week given there's been no announcement. Probably 'next week' again.

• Advertisement

I understand why a storage system might be useful for some....but in all honesty I just don't see how it would have been any use to me. The only time I had issues with my inventory capacity was near the beginning when I was hoarding stuff to sell....but very soon I had enough gold to do all I wanted. I would only ever have one set of armour (Feline witcher gear) which I would upgrade and the only time I have more than one of something would be swords. Where I would find a better sword, but keep my feline sword for when I needed to upgrade.

At the end of the game I would consistently be around the 75/130 mark with inventory space. Will people be storing armour/weapons to sell or for some other reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

What do most of you do with regards repair of armour/weapons?

Im in a terrible state at the moment, and need full repairs across the board, however it would basically wipe out my money to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭Evade

That happened to me a few times. Sometimes it might be more economical to buy new equipment than repair your existing gear. At the very least you'll need to repair or replace your swords, you can get by without armour.

If you're in the early game use igni on beehives to get honey which is pretty valuable early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Corvo wrote: »
    What do most of you do with regards repair of armour/weapons?

Im in a terrible state at the moment, and need full repairs across the board, however it would basically wipe out my money to do so.

dont fall into the trap I usually do - hoarding items all the way up to a game ends, I'll be walking around with 2 rocket launchers, 28 large medkits, etc etc, all unused and being held onto "just in case" and 1 million gold /credits etc kept for that one Uber piece of gear that might turn up in a shop. spend your money, thats what its for, it'd be pretty poor game design if its done in such away that you cant proceed if you go broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

About midway tru money stops being an issue, only sell swords to hattori he gives you the most and get the 100 sadddlebags.

When starting a mission start with as much space as possible, straight after it go to Hattori and master alchemy dude as they offer the most for stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

OSI wrote: »
    Didn't even know this was a thing. Jesus the depth to this game.

Your controller will vibrate if u have it turned turned when hear the beehives

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

OSI wrote: »
    Didn't even know this was a thing. Jesus the depth to this game.

You can also use Aard to blast hives towards human enemies to distract/damage them (don't think it works against monsters). Igni will still work on the hive after this so you can loot the honey. Best price for honey is at
    herbalist Tomira in White Orchard
    (probably not a spoiler as it's very early in the game but just in case).

While on tips I was discussing with a friend who also plays W3 and he wasn't aware of following:

F5 (PC version) is Quicksave, it's not mentioned in the manual, there doesn't seem to be a Quickload option (which isn't a bad thing as I have accidentally hit QL rather than QS in games in the past and lost progress). Ideal before using shops in case you sell something you shouldn't - you can buy back but at 5 times the price, only did that once :) There's only one Quicksave slot available so manual saves still important.

Healing with food/drink - you can have heal more quickly by having one drink & one food item active at the same time. Eating more than one food (or drink) item at a time has no benefit - the one with the longest duration takes precedence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

saneman wrote: »
    You can also use Aard to blast hives towards human enemies to distract/damage them (don't think it works against monsters). Igni will still work on the hive after this so you can loot the honey. Best price for honey is at
    herbalist Tomira in White Orchard
    (probably not a spoiler as it's very early in the game but just in case).

While on tips I was discussing with a friend who also plays W3 and he wasn't aware of following:

F5 (PC version) is Quicksave, it's not mentioned in the manual, there doesn't seem to be a Quickload option (which isn't a bad thing as I have accidentally hit QL rather than QS in games in the past and lost progress). Ideal before using shops in case you sell something you shouldn't - you can buy back but at 5 times the price, only did that once :) There's only one Quicksave slot available so manual saves still important.

Healing with food/drink - you can have heal more quickly by having one drink & one food item active at the same time. Eating more than one food (or drink) item at a time has no benefit - the one with the longest duration takes precedence.

You can add Swallow potion to that too. So you can use, Swallow + Water + Bread, at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Knex. wrote: »
    You can add Swallow potion to that too. So you can use, Swallow + Water + Bread, at the same time.

Indeed, but then you need larger trousers ;)

Advertisement