Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

Spotted this on reddit aside from being sickened by the framerate (Console player here) I got a laugh from it :D

http://gfycat.com/DirectMarriedGrouse

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wtf was up with Keira getting killed btw, Geralt asks her what she is doing then you argue with her, then you kill her & burn the sheets which I guess had the work of the experimentations going on in the tower on Fyke Isle

It doesn't have to play out that way
    in my playthrough she gave me the documents and I had the choice to send her to kaer mohren (sp?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Same here.
    I made her give me the research and she agreed to go to Kaer Morhen.

One thing regarding that whole Fyke isle quest,
    I agreed to help the spirit trapped there and she ended up killing her lover and escaping the island. I never trusted her.....the way she died being eaten alive by rats just seemed so gruesome that I knew she would want revenge so I was really annoyed at myself for going along with it. I assume she will be back later at some point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm level 6 in Velen with about 20 active quests and around 100 "?" on the map and I haven't even got to the big city near the north of the map.

And this is only the second area in the game!

It's seriously overwhelming.

I'm the opposite,level 4 and I've feck all quests coming to me and I just got to the second area but decided to go back the first area as there were still loads of ? on the map.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dirty funds quest is after bugging on me -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dirty funds quest is after bugging on me -_-

That's one of the more common ones to bug!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That's one of the more common ones to bug!

Yup was just reading about it there, are all the treasure hunt quest bugged like that? If you go to the wrong locatioN first it bugs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wtf was up with Keira getting killed btw, Geralt asks her what she is doing then you argue with her, then you kill her & burn the sheets which I guess had the work of the experimentations going on in the tower on Fyke Isle

Like others
    I didn't have to kill her. Banged her, got the documents, sent her to Kaer Mohren, which should be interesting once I finish the game!

Luckily, I haven't had any bugged quests yet. Level 18 and at the stage of the main story where I've to go to Skelliege. Still have loads of ?'s and notice boards to go to, and even a few !'s on the map. Did get to go back to a place I passed through when I was level 9 and got maimed by level 23 alghouls. Nice fight when I was 17 taking them on.

Only issue I have right now is that most of the secondary quests I'm catching up on are 3-8 levels below me, and most of the new secondary quests I'm getting are lower levels. I tried to do everything as the level I'm on, but I've been flying up through them lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cheers for the replies regarding the Witcher and whether to just skip it.
    I'll watch a recap and read a wiki as suggested on here by most people and just go straight to Witcher 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Spotted this on reddit aside from being sickened by the framerate (Console player here) I got a laugh from it :D

http://gfycat.com/DirectMarriedGrouse

I saw that today :D

I'm partial to this one myself http://i.imgur.com/KwzyBen.gifv

I just love how good the combat looks, it's obvious they put a lot of effort into it being visually pleasing for a spectator which is always a brilliant thing as long as the player's experience isn't warped from it.

Funny you mentioned the high framerate of that webm, I found it pretty nice given the action that was going on in it. It's low FPS gives me a headache but only when playing. I tried the 30fps lock in the graphic options... Horrible way experience the combat.

Wish there was more webms of TW3. Guess I'll check some image boards. The game is so open to many unique and cool scenes/setups given the strong assets, character builds, open world and physics it contains. If only everyone could capture their coolest moments into a webm and post them here! I might start quick-capping some myself now that I think about it.

• Advertisement

couple of times now I've either fast travelled or been paused / idle before an encounter to find the enemies dead or drop dead before my eyes.

Last one was when I went to get some feathers from harpy's 5 of them just dropped out of the sky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Last one was when I went to get some feathers from harpy's 5 of them just dropped out of the sky

Same thing happened to me

changes coming in patch 1.04/1.05
    Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
    General stability and performance improvements
    Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
    Improved camera smoothness
    Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
    Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
    Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
    Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
    Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
    Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
    Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
    Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
    Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
    Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
    Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
    Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
    Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/44006-Some-of-the-changes-coming-in-the-next-patch-(1-04-1-05)/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone here reload saves if the outcome of choices aren't to their liking? Ive never done it before but seriously considered going back to....
    Try and save the Bloody Baron.I freed that beast under the tree which then went on to kill a village but freed the orphans. Downside is the crones cursed the wife and she died after lifting the curse. When I came into Crows Perch and saw him hanging on the tree :( Seriously considered going back to an earlier save but decided id be cheating the game if I did.

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone here reload saves if the outcome of choices aren't to their liking? Ive never done it before but seriously considered going back to....
    Try and save the Bloody Baron.I freed that beast under the tree which then went on to kill a village but freed the orphans. Downside is the crones cursed the wife and she died after lifting the curse. When I came into Crows Perch and saw him hanging on the tree :( Seriously considered going back to an earlier save but decided id be cheating the game if I did.

Some of the choice outcomes are pretty terrible. I know I wouldn't be happy with some of them so I've been researching all the major choices before I come to them.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Some of the choice outcomes are pretty terrible. I know I wouldn't be happy with some of them so I've been researching all the major choices before I come to them.

Really!? I wouldnt go that far, do you not feel you are spoiling the game on yourself then?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont think there is any other end to that mission other than that.

I think no matter what that conclusion is coming and tbh its a brilliant quest for it.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I dont think there is any other end to that mission other than that.

I think no matter what that conclusion is coming and tbh its a brilliant quest for it.

I read up on it afterwards:
    If you kill the beast, you can then save the Barons wife and he brings her off to some healer as she has gone fully insane at that stage. The orphans get killed.

By the way - another nod to the Baron's quest
    there is a book that you pick up which talks about a Mother who creates three children out of mud and clay. The three children serve her and bring her sacrifices etc. The mother begins to go insane and the three children decide to kill her protecting the land from anymore destruction. They trap her spirit under a tree.

If only I had read that bloody book I looted!

Really!? I wouldnt go that far, do you not feel you are spoiling the game on yourself then?

Nah. I'd like to know what I'm getting myself in for. Maybe others prefer the pure mystery but I like to have informed decisions on the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Found a few orens in a random tree stump, now I'll have to check them all.....feck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

By the way - another nod to the Baron's quest
    there is a book that you pick up which talks about a Mother who creates three children out of mud and clay. The three children serve her and bring her sacrifices etc. The mother begins to go insane and the three children decide to kill her protecting the land from anymore destruction. They trap her spirit under a tree.

If only I had read that bloody book I looted!

That is amazing. I also wish I had read that now :(

For games like this, Skyrim etc.. I'm always amazed at the amount of additional stuff that is throw in like the books. There must be thousands of them in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Speaking of choices, there is a lot of debate online about the Full Crew trophy and who you need to get it. Can confirm that you do not need Triss to get it.

this weeks free DLC
    11329852_10153021874879331_4438717742004999124_n.png?oh=0f8566f28ec55ca0faf6589f5ea76d8e&oe=55F4E95A

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

GodlessM wrote: »
    Speaking of choices, there is a lot of debate online about the Full Crew trophy and who you need to get it. Can confirm that you do not need Triss to get it.

I got it with
    Hjalmar, Ermion, Zoltan, Roche/Ves, Triss, plus a sword from Crach an Craite

So no:
    Letho, Dijkstra, Folan, Vigi

Yeah have been checking reddit for this answer. Here's a video guide on how to get the trophy

Video is incorrect. You need less than that even. I made the wrong choice with Triss and still got it. In fact I believe you get it just for completing the four Brothers in Arms missions.

BTW noticed mention earlier that you miss quests by fast travelling. So as long as you go to all the question marks and boards you wont miss anything by fast travelling; encounter quest locations are marked on your map when they become available. All you actually have to do is meet the pre requisites.

Think my goal for the night is to head out to sea in Skellige and finish up the last of the question marks, try and find the last few cards.

Video is incorrect. You need less than that even. I made the wrong choice with Triss and still got it. In fact I believe you get it just for completing the four Brothers in Arms missions.

Yeah these are the ones you don't need
    Emperor Emhyr Var Emreis (Royal Palace of Vizima)
    • Letho (Velen)
    • Sigismund Dijkstra (Novigrad)
    • Folan (Skellige, during side quest “The Lord of Undvik”)
    • Vigi (Skellige, during side quest “The Lord of Undvik”)
    • Crach an Craite (Skellige)
    • Cerys an Craite (Skellige, should she become ruler of Skellige you need to talk to her and she will send Hjalmar to Kaer Morhen)
    and in relation to Triss,
    if you don't romance her she still ends up at Kaer Morhen

Thats the trick though; she hasnt gone there yet and I still got it. And completing her line is part of the Brothers in Arms Novigrad if you havent it done by then, which is why I think it is just for doing thise four missions.

• Advertisement

Can ye all be careful with spoilers. Sailing close to the wind with this Triss craic. I haven't even met her yet.

Advertisement