Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRA pull out of pay talks

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

if that rant is the deductive powers of ags then pay cuts are justified.
    I was never a banker and never raking it in.i was a transport manager whose firm liquidated and had to retrain to try rebuild a career after 20 years in logistics and provide for my family. So yo quote... You need to get a life and stop thinking your being hard done by.

Likewise, If that rant is the deductive powers of the transport manager in your company no wonder it went into liquidation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Likewise, If that rant is the deductive powers of the transport manager in your company no wonder it went into liquidation.

Well done Sherlock. I brought an irish operation of an international company with 600 employees down single handedly.
    Next I'll be told that as a private sector employee I'm responsible for the economic problems the country is having.

We've all lost out... Firstly I lost my job, then I spent 3 years retraining to get a Degree and now that I'm back in work I'm 10k down on my last job just so I can provide for my family. I suffered a 33% cut in pay to get the job and am starting my career again after 20 years in transport plus I've all the outgoings everyone else has.

So if AGS think they are being hard done by....we all are...blame FF and the people who had a gun put to their heads to buy overpriced houses ( I could never afford to buy a house)...He made me do it isn't a defence. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Well done Sherlock. I brought an irish operation of an international company with 600 employees down single handedly.
    Next I'll be told that as a private sector employee I'm responsible for the economic problems the country is having.

We've all lost out... Firstly I lost my job, then I spent 3 years retraining to get a Degree and now that I'm back in work I'm 10k down on my last job just so I can provide for my family. I suffered a 33% cut in pay to get the job and am starting my career again after 20 years in transport plus I've all the outgoings everyone else has.

So if AGS think they are being hard done by....we all are...blame FF and the people who had a gun put to their heads to buy overpriced houses ( I could never afford to buy a house)...He made me do it isn't a defence. :D

Right, in your last or current job did you have to work a 3 relief shift pattern? Did you have to work 60+ hour weeks? Did you get assaulted? Did you get threatened with bloody syringes? Did you get threatened with a knife? Did you have people threaten your family? Did you have to deal with seeing a person impaled on a railing, or hanging from a tree?

Gardai deal with these type of things every day up and down the country. Frontline emergency services have already taken huge cuts to their pay and working conditions. They go out and risk their safety everyday to help the people off this country who just turn around and **** on them.

It's not on, if you want to give out about the public service, then give out about the upper management who do bugger all, get paid a fortune and never seem to get cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

if that rant is the deductive powers of ags then pay cuts are justified.
    I was never a banker and never raking it in.i was a transport manager whose firm liquidated and had to retrain to try rebuild a career after 20 years in logistics and provide for my family. So yo quote... You need to get a life and stop thinking your being hard done by.

So because you've suffered the misfortune ( and i mean that genuinely) of a job loss everyone else should suffer similarly. Whether it makes you feel better or not that's not how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

"He made me do it isn't a defence."

It is for Ming :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Paulzx wrote: »
    So because you've suffered the misfortune ( and i mean that genuinely) of a job loss everyone else should suffer similarly. Whether it makes you feel better or not that's not how it works.

I never said I wanted the public service to suffer similar but the facts are that the public sector don't think the rest of us get pay cuts etc...we do. After half the staff in my last company loosing their jobs the other 300 suffered severe pay cuts and drivers who were on ridiculous bonuses just for coming into work got outsourced with less money, more hours and were thankful to have a job.

Its also a fact that the countries in ruins and cant afford the wages. .i know that's my fault too...or was in Fianna Fail:rolleyes:.

And I just managed to resist the Ming comment but as i didnt have Dail privileged I played it safe.

For the record. I have been attacked in jobs I've worked, been threatened by drug dealers and had knives and needles pulled. Try working in Abrakebabra :D I've also dealt with an impaling when in the Red Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My experience, living in a rural community, is that money could be saved by better resource management.

Our area has been besieged by vehicle checkpoints - 6 in 14 days over a 5 mile stretch of road. One used 4 Garda vehicles to block a relatively quiet road. Most used at least 4 or 5 Gardai. So many resources allocated to so few drivers whilst we have to wait hours to get help with real crimes.

I support decent pay for Guards who are fighting crime & protecting neighbourhoods but not for those being used as tax collectors.

On a separate note 8 cars were seized, including women taking kids to school, mostly for road tax. As I understand it the Guard has discretion & can order the driver to produce their tax rather than seizing the vehicle.

This "aggressive" policy is hardly going to win public support for pay claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Discodog wrote: »
    My experience, living in a rural community, is that money could be saved by better resource management.

Our area has been besieged by vehicle checkpoints - 6 in 14 days over a 5 mile stretch of road. One used 4 Garda vehicles to block a relatively quiet road. Most used at least 4 or 5 Gardai. So many resources allocated to so few drivers whilst we have to wait hours to get help with real crimes.

I support decent pay for Guards who are fighting crime & protecting neighbourhoods but not for those being used as tax collectors.

On a separate note 8 cars were seized, including women taking kids to school, mostly for road tax. As I understand it the Guard has discretion & can order the driver to produce their tax rather than seizing the vehicle.

This "aggressive" policy is hardly going to win public support for pay claims.

"I'm all for the law but not when it steps on my toe" typical Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 nebel1

source wrote: »
    Right, in your last or current job did you have to work a 3 relief shift pattern? Did you have to work 60+ hour weeks? Did you get assaulted? Did you get threatened with bloody syringes? Did you get threatened with a knife? Did you have people threaten your family? Did you have to deal with seeing a person impaled on a railing, or hanging from a tree?

The classic argument from guards.

66 homicide offences in 2011 ( http://www.cso.ie/Quicktables/GetQuickTables.aspx?FileName=cja01c1.asp&TableName=Homicide+Offences&StatisticalProduct=DB_CJ )

They claim that every single guard deals with murders, syringes, implaings, double-shifts and threats.

Guess what - many many other people get threatened during their work, have to work multiple shifts and generally get pissed on by folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

nebel1 wrote: »
    The classic argument from guards.

66 homicide offences in 2011 ( http://www.cso.ie/Quicktables/GetQuickTables.aspx?FileName=cja01c1.asp&TableName=Homicide+Offences&StatisticalProduct=DB_CJ )

They claim that every single guard deals with murders, syringes, implaings, double-shifts and threats.

Guess what - many many other people get threatened during their work, have to work multiple shifts and generally get pissed on by folk.

:rolleyes:
    So you were either murdered or you were fine you were,...................... you either died in fatal crash or there was no crash?, you committed suicide or you just decided to go to the cinema instead? It makes the 6 o clock news or nothing happened?......what a very immature and black & white view you have of not only what the frontline services deal with but also of life it would appear......

• Advertisement
Advertisement