Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It is in Brown Thomas!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

fussyonion wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy a tree in August?!

If you go onto argos website and in their search bar type christmas they have some trees you can order. Well they did about a week ago !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I have one of these that I got in BT two Christmasses ago and I love it. :)

Love it!!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/its-snow-jokebrown-thomas-opens-6290005

BT are certainly getting enough media coverage opening so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Id say their delighted! The amount of people who have said it to mt over the past few days, though thats probably cos Im a Christmas nut and they wondered was I going to be there at 9am yesterday. Still its great exposure for them, Im sure it'll increase business.. Whats the best Tesco have their sweets in this weekend? Id say theyre raging Dunnes got it before them :)

• Advertisement

snowgal wrote: »
    Whats the best Tesco have their sweets in this weekend? Id say theyre raging Dunnes got it before them :)

I was only thinking that myself! I'm delighted Tesco don't have the sweets yet, I do my weekly shopping there and it's hard enough not to buy ALL THE CHOCOLATES without throwing the tubs of sweets into the mix haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

If it's tins of biscuits you're after, Dunnes have already put Victoria biscuit tins on the shelves, brand new, well in date. I think they're on special offer for €5, at least they were a couple of days ago when I saw them being stacked. I didn't go off and buy one already or anything... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A_smurf wrote: »
    If it's tins of biscuits you're after, Dunnes have already put Victoria biscuit tins on the shelves, brand new, well in date. I think they're on special offer for €5, at least they were a couple of days ago when I saw them being stacked. I didn't go off and buy one already or anything... :D

a fiver is great value for those

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I picked up an X Wing for the nephew yesterday and a trifle bowl for my Mam to give as a present today. Shopping has begun.:D

washiskin wrote: »
    I picked up an X Wing for the nephew yesterday and a trifle bowl for my Mam to give as a present today. Shopping has begun.:D

Oh washiskin that sounds suspiciously like star wars talk ! :D would you mind if I asked where you got the x wing and it's size ? Assuming I'm right and it is a star wars thing and I haven't completely lost my mind !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh washiskin that sounds suspiciously like star wars talk ! :D would you mind if I asked where you got the x wing and it's size ? Assuming I'm right and it is a star wars thing and I haven't completely lost my mind !

I got it in Banba toys on Mary St (?) in Dublin. They have 4 left. It's about 76cm long, so quite a substantial one. Yes, it is definitely a Star Wars thing :)

washiskin wrote: »
    I got it in Banba toys on Mary St (?) in Dublin. They have 4 left. It's about 76cm long, so quite a substantial one. Yes, it is definitely a Star Wars thing :)

Ha look at me go knowing star wars stuff my little lad would be so proud ha. Sounds fab washiskin thanks for the info !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Visited the Brown Thomas Christmas shop today and bought a decoration. I was very excited.

So glad the hamsters are feeling better today! It was getting worrying yesterday when boards kept failing to load. I was in such a panic I almost took to the street carolling to get my Christmas kicks. Although in this case it literally would be kicks if I tried singing haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »
    So glad the hamsters are feeling better today! It was getting worrying yesterday when boards kept failing to load. I was in such a panic I almost took to the street carolling to get my Christmas kicks. Although in this case it literally would be kicks if I tried singing haha.

Yeah, what was up with Boards yesterday!! I was having a panic attack also! :D

Feeling so excited for Christmas today! Whenever I'm stressed or have things on my mind I think of Christmas to try to get said things out of my mind lol

Haha I do the same! All the BT coverage in the news/social media and the start of xfactor this weekend pretty much has launched the Christmas season in my mind! 4 months of Christmassy bliss haha.

Speaking of which we are only 4 months away from Christmas Eve!

I spoke too soon! The hamsters #boardsflu is still there. If you need help getting through your Monday keep in touch on Twitter using the hashtag #boardschristmas until the site is fully functional again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I spoke too soon! The hamsters #boardsflu is still there. If you need help getting through your Monday keep in touch on Twitter using the hashtag #boardschristmas until the site is fully functional again.

Can't believe there's a #boardschristmas tag.

Totally found you on Twitter BTW. :p

Can't believe there's a #boardschristmas tag.

Totally found you on Twitter BTW. :p

That could be anyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think #boardschristmas has fixed actual Boards! \o/

• Advertisement

I think #boardschristmas has fixed actual Boards! \o/

Full functionality back, great timing, I'm not a huge fan of Twitter! Good to have boards back, hamsters for everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I was just wondering yesterday if I should sign up for Twitter!

I'm after having a nap with the baby. I dreamed that I was planning a shopping trip to ikea. Apparently I was sure I'd get all my Christmas shopping there for a great price.

I was gonna buy my aunt a wooded spoon with a ribbon on it???

Woo hoo I'm back ! Having panic attacks and christmas withdrawal symptoms there yesterday !

Whispered wrote: »

I'm after having a nap with the baby. I dreamed that I was planning a shopping trip to ikea. Apparently I was sure I'd get all my Christmas shopping there for a great price.

Ah you know it's getting close to Christmas when you start dreaming about it lol ;) maybe she would like a wooden spoon !! In any road a trip to ikea is always worth any excuse ha

Whispered wrote: »

Hahaha, it could be worse I work up a few weeks ago after having a dream it was Christmas and I hadn't a single present bought, it literally went from August to December overnight in my dream! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Full functionality back, great timing, I'm not a huge fan of Twitter! Good to have boards back, hamsters for everyone! :D

Not just hamsters...

CHRISTMAS HAMSTERS!!!!!!

359685.jpg

Brilliant pic!! :D

Hahaha, it could be worse I work up a few weeks ago after having a dream it was Christmas and I hadn't a single present bought, it literally went from August to December overnight in my dream! :eek:

It must be something in the air my 7 year old came in crying this morning. He dreamt it was christmas and he forgot to leave his stocking out and got no presents from santa and woke up upset. Then when he realised it was just a dream and it wasn't christmas at all yet he broke into hysterics. Apparently waking up to realise it's not christmas is worse than realising you didn't get a gift from santa :)

By the way loughc I'd wake up in cold sweats if I had your dream! It's every organised persons / christmas nut worst nightmare lol

• Advertisement

There is a girl on Facebook doing personalised name plaques for christmas. I know her through a friend. I ordered mine yesterday ! Soon as it arrives and if I can manage ill upload a pic! It's very cute! it says christmas at the (input your surname here !) So excited !! : D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement