Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I want to get one of the proper tins of quality street this year- not one of those plastic tubs of sweets. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Posy wrote: »
    I want to get one of the proper tins of quality street this year- not one of those plastic tubs of sweets. :)

Can you even still buy them ? I havn't seen them in years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can you even still buy them ? I havn't seen them in years.

Yes Tesco had them last year. They were larger and much more dearer than the plastic tubs but so worth it.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes Tesco had them last year. They were larger and much more dearer than the plastic tubs but so worth it.

I don't mind paying more, I wasn't happy with the plastic ones over the last few years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't mind paying more, I wasn't happy with the plastic ones over the last few years.

Likewise. And quality street are my favourite so win win.

• Advertisement

Likewise. And quality street are my favourite so win win.

Quality Street are tops, It's a toss between them and celebrations for me.

Quality Street are tops, It's a toss between them and celebrations for me.

Haha you've got good taste celebrations are my second favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,367 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tin of quality street!

I can't wait to get my tin! :D

I am also starting to panic that I haven't started any Christmas shopping yet.
    This weekend I'm making my list and possibly even checking it twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I have bought two presents so far but that's just because they were tickets for Mary Poppins.

Will start shopping properly from next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

started checking online for pressies this morning! Feeling the need to get christmassy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Here's the tin I got last year, I gave £10 for it in Norn Iron as I thought similar tins would not be available here. Imagine my surprise when I saw them in Tesco drogheda :rolleyes: (different tin design though) .

Anyway my point is I bought the expensive tin on the principal that I was sick of seeing my Christmas memories of The Big Tin cheapened and the attitude of the companies being oh well, stiff biccies. I know, it sounds silly, but there you have it, my teeeeeeeny bit for keeping Christmas traditional.

Rant over, power to the elves! :D

I'll just leave this here. The pics look great, great to see the Disney store joining in the fun as well.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/merry-christmas-brown-thomas-opened-its-xmas-department-today-691890.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I love the disney store at christmas time !! :D actually I'm lying .. I love it at any time of year christmas just makes it better ! Can't wait to go to dublin have a look in the brown Thomas christmas shop too!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I did go into BT today, came out with €30 of Christmas decor, and now a member of their loyalty club... Someone take my purse and cards away from me.... Or they're going to see a lot of me if the other shops don't soon start stocking Christmas stuff, and I'm going to be poor very soon!!

I only have a 5ft tree, so I can't buy everything I like, because its too fricken small! :(
    .....maybe that's a good thing... :P

I only have a 5ft tree as well but it is certainly being upgraded this year! Whats the stuff like in there SMJSF?

The pics of it look great, I can't wait to drop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

SMJSF wrote:
    I did go into BT today, came out with €30 of Christmas decor, and now a member of their loyalty club... Someone take my purse and cards away from me.... Or they're going to see a lot of me if the other shops don't soon start stocking Christmas stuff, and I'm going to be poor very soon!!

Thats deadly! Personally nothing brings a wider smile to my face when i see the christmas decorations in all the shops!! Usually about early October. Should all take a leaf out of Brown Thomas' book!! Lol

I think I'll drop in tomorrow evening. :)
    I'd actually love to buy a Christmas tree there but I don't drive and doubt they deliver!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

SMJSF wrote: »
    I only have a 5ft tree, so I can't buy everything I like, because its too fricken small! :(
    You may need more than you think. ;)

enhanced-19347-1417474214-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Posy wrote: »
    I think I'll drop in tomorrow evening. :)
    I'd actually love to buy a Christmas tree there but I don't drive and doubt they deliver!

Brown Thomas? I'd say they'd deliver alright! You could ask them anyway :pac:

OMG http://www.brownthomas.com/living/the-christmas-market/icat/thechristmasmarket

• Advertisement

I got that Christmas tree decorations picture from this list. There are some other cool things there. I particularly like the idea of keeping smaller decorations in egg boxes.

leahyl wrote: »
    Brown Thomas? I'd say they'd deliver alright! You could ask them anyway :pac:

OMG http://www.brownthomas.com/living/the-christmas-market/icat/thechristmasmarket

I'd love one of those music boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'd love one of those music boxes.

And that Santa Clause is only 40e.....I wonder how big he is....

leahyl wrote: »
    And that Santa Clause is only 40e.....I wonder how big he is....
    32cm tall. That's actually bigger than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

11 days til rathwood santa train tickets go on sale ! Every year I miss out on them. Not this year I have my alarm all set and pre registered ! Ho Ho Ho !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I only have a 5ft tree as well but it is certainly being upgraded this year! Whats the stuff like in there SMJSF?

The pics of it look great, I can't wait to drop in.

I want to get a 6ft or 7ft tree this year (if it will fit into my 9 x 11 foot bedsit!!), I was too late for the reasonable priced ones last year!
    The stuff is good, but some things, you question if it actually worth the price TBH!
    Unfortunately if you have a bad back like me, you’re going to be in pain - most of the items are in baskets on the floor under tables of displays, which bugged me after a while, because you can’t actually make out what’s there, until you actually pick the item up, because there tangled, which put me off bothering after 10 minutes only at the second display!
    If they had them all hung on a display wall, it would be sooooo much better, and easier!
    To conclude, I was kind of expecting more items... and to be more organised, they were still decorating the displays and trees standing on ladders at 11am, after opening at 9.30am, and the trees for sale were away from the decor at the escalator(?) and had no prices :-/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

SMJSF wrote: »

What time were you there? I was in at about 1.30. I was the one with the snowman earrings, reindeer brooch and the silly grin who was there for about an hour.:D Bought 20 lids worth for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,367 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have one of these that I got in BT two Christmasses ago and I love it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Saw a trailer on ITV for Autumn's TV schedule; The X Factor, I'm a Celebrity, etc and then saw one on BBC for Strictly...really is a sign for me that we're not too far off Christmas!

I got rid of my 10-year-old artificial tree after last Christmas so I was thinking of heading out next week to buy another one.
    Is it possible to buy a tree in August?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement