Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've been sitting here holding my new baby while she feeds and all I could think about us how special this Christmas is going to be. I. Can. Not. Wait!!! So I just said I'd try the Christmas fm app and see what's the chance of getting an aul Christmas tune in August and lo and behold :D the baby's asleep now but I'm far to excited to go to bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Do we have a Christmas cookery thread? Can't remember if we had one last year(baby kept me busy!)
    Would be nice to have a thread like they have in the cookery forum for everyone to post their favourite Christmas recipes!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Do we have a Christmas cookery thread? Can't remember if we had one last year(baby kept me busy!)
    Would be nice to have a thread like they have in the cookery forum for everyone to post their favourite Christmas recipes!!

I thought we did at one stage but I can't find it. Set up a new thread and if I find the old one I'll merge the two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

TV3 Ireland AM was talking about Selfridges Christmas shop this morning, and seen a woman comment on their FB page that Brown Thomas (she works there) Christmas shop is opening within the next 2 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

SMJSF wrote: »
    TV3 Ireland AM was talking about Selfridges Christmas shop this morning, and seen a woman comment on their FB page that Brown Thomas (she works there) Christmas shop is opening within the next 2 weeks :D

just came on to post that! its nearly time!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Squeeeeeee!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Righto fellow Elves! It's official! My Christmas countdown starts today with the annual BBC Good Food test kitchen Tweet! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Took out all my christmas linens and textiles and towels to wash! Not that I was looking for an excuse to go and take them out and look at them or anything :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Took out all my christmas linens and textiles and towels to wash! Not that I was looking for an excuse to go and take them out and look at them or anything :D

I actually took out one of my sets of vintage tree lights and plugged them in and sat oohing and aahing at them one evening last week :o:o:o:o heh heh heh ;)

washiskin wrote: »
    I actually took out one of my sets of vintage tree lights and plugged them in and sat oohing and aahing at them one evening last week :o:o:o:o heh heh heh ;)

And you didn't invite us all around to enjoy the show ! Tut tut ! :o I have been dropping subtle hints to my OH about how I may need to get into the christmas lights box and take out some indoor string lights for a tall vase decoration in the corner of my hallway. I don't think he bought it though :o;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My little boy was gifted a child's size duvet with a Mickey Mouse cover last weekend. I didn't even know child sized duvets existed. Anyway I was wondering if anybody knows where I might get a Christmas cover to fit it please?

Doesn't have to be now I can get it closer to December, just so I know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Reading this thread is proving bad for me, I've already started my Christmas list! I've also decided to get a third Christmas tree this year, but going to keep that a secret from my OH until it's up, otherwise he may have me committed!

Whispered wrote: »
    My little boy was gifted a child's size duvet with a Mickey Mouse cover last weekend. I didn't even know child sized duvets existed. Anyway I was wondering if anybody knows where I might get a Christmas cover to fit it please?

Doesn't have to be now I can get it closer to December, just so I know where to look.

I know it's not the same thing but as it's a child's size duvet and your son will grow out of it eventually, we just got a red plain duvet cover and bought christmas themed cushions and throwers that they could use as they grow. Hope that helps !

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

These look like a cool idea for posting presents.

357593.jpg

Stocking shaped gift bags
    Get in the festive spirit and bring a little happiness to the postman's day! These Christmas Stockings are a perfect alternative if you're worried about your gift wrapping skills – or simply don't have time this year. Each pack of Christmas Stockings includes 12 stocking shaped mail bags which come in 4 different designs, all with an adhesive strip to fold and seal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh my god I love these where can one get these?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

:) They are from http://www.suck.uk.com/products/christmas-stockings/#more

The delivery to Ireland is €12.00, but free to UK so if you use Parcel Motel delivery to Ireland would only be €3.95. This site also sell their products on Amazon, so I'm sure they will pop up on Amazon before Christmas as well.

Ooh was in my local penny's yesterday and they had pumpkin and ghost candles out ! Definitely know we are getting closer to christmas when you see the halloween decorations coming into stock !

Just 20 Fridays to go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was talking to my Mum last night and one of the things she said cracked me up - "I was going to take the Christmas tree down, but it's only a few months until Christmas so I might as well just leave it up!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

20_zps9gkgz8gg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭gidget

My mam asked me to write up a list for her today of all her grand nieces/nephews & their ages so that she could plan ahead for her christmas shopping. We've a big enough family on both sides, so she needed a little help from me to remind her of everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

It's all getting very exciting😀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Listening to Christmas fm at the mo :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I really love Christmas, but what panics me is the thought of "What am I going to buy everyone this year?" and that thought stays with me right until I've bought all the presents, meaning that instead of enjoying the festivities, I'm worried I won't think of good present ideas for my family.

Does anyone else think like this?
    Like, I'm thinking now "I got my Dad such-and-such for Christmas last year, what the hell do I get him this year?"
    My Dad is notoriously hard to buy for.

Thank God for Amazon, that's all I can say...but still, I find it hard because I always feel I've bought the things everyone wanted over the years and surely there'll be a year when I run out of ideas?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

I live abroad so it's Amazon all the way. Just moved closer to home to Dubai so I am not sure I'll be home this Christmas:( depends on the new firm.

Amazon and aramex

Well, look what Good Food were up to today......:D

It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

And only 19 weeks to go to the big day!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

washiskin wrote: »
    Well, look what Good Food were up to today......:D

That would be like one of my dream jobs!! Tasting Christmas food and photographing it?!! Yes please!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I showed that picture to my husband and he thought it was awful that they had to taste all those mince pies. Neither of us are fans but I think if I was there excitement would take over and I'd get over it. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement