Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm excited about Elf too but I have to say, i'm a little worried that I'd be comparing it to the movie version too much - after all Will Ferrell IS Elf!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm excited about Elf too but I have to say, i'm a little worried that I'd be comparing it to the movie version too much - after all Will Ferrell IS Elf!

I love christmas as much as the next person on here but I have to say I don't think I would be too keen to go see the musical version of this ! I agree leahyl Will Ferrell is fantastic in the film! I love watching it in my pjs on couch all snug when it's miserable outside ! I miss winter evenings now ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well with or without Will Ferrell I reckon it will be great. I went to Scrooge there a few years ago & it was so Christmassy it was unbelievable. :)

washiskin wrote: »
    Well with or without Will Ferrell I reckon it will be great. I went to Scrooge there a few years ago & it was so Christmassy it was unbelievable. :)

I'd say the atmosphere would be amazing and real christmassy -I can just see everybody in their christmas jumpers :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We'll do a group boards booking ;)

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    We'll do a group boards booking ;)

Only if we can wear our christmas jumpers ... So help me I love the real cheesy ones ! Nothing more festive than a jumper with big baubles and bells on it ... Especially if the kiddies are wearing them :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Less than 200 days to go! Eeeek!!! :D

Right! *claps & rubs hands together* Time to get cracking on plans for the big Dinner, I'd love to kno how they get these so perfectly round on top:confused:

faves-44757163@N08

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Can't open the attachment :(

Merkin wrote: »
    Can't open the attachment :(

It won't post right for me :( I've tried loads of times. Oh, wait I think I have it...

62ccddec1ebd32dcb2a60c27b269020b.jpg

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    Right! *claps & rubs hands together* Time to get cracking on plans for the big Dinner, I'd love to kno how they get these so perfectly round on top:confused:

Are those cupcakes? They look soooo good! :D I was just reading over old threads about ideas/menu suggestions for Christmas dinner by time I finished I was drooling ! Can't wait ...! :)

Hi all :) just wondering if anyone was doing the rounds last year in any of the larger penny's etc and found christmas bathroom accessories ie Santa tooth brush holder (like a cup) or soap dispenser?? A person I was chatting to mentioned they had seen them stocked last year and I didn't get out to any shops at all last year for festive season so didnt get to see what was in stock! :(

I've had a really crap last couple of days & whilst feeling sorry for myself in the shower "Melekalikkimaka" came on the MP3 player! Instant lift in mood! :D

Thanks Bing!

OMG!! Where has the year gone! I've my summer holidays in 3 weeks time, so when I come back it's operation Christmas haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Six months, sure that's no time :eek:

Don't even read this just click on the attachment!!! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Don't even read this just click on the attachment!!! :D

.....and then like a fool, I started to try to slide to unlock. Bit of a Fr Dougal moment, couldn't resist....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

They just showed some xmas toys on good morning Britain , that even had White Xmas tree up at 8. 23am

I took out my trusty Delia Smith's Christmas yesterday....time to get my Chutney on.... :D

• Advertisement

1.30am flicking through tv channels and watching a film called borrowed hearts on true movies 1 - so Christmassy and sweet ! Looks like I'm gonna be up til 3am so ! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

I got myself some elf tickets :D and also decided to buy new christmas jumpers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    1.30am flicking through tv channels and watching a film called borrowed hearts on true movies 1 - so Christmassy and sweet ! Looks like I'm gonna be up til 3am so ! :-)

Had to google that. Ha!

Borrowed_Hearts_DVD_cover.jpg

c_man wrote: »
    Had to google that. Ha!

Aw! Thanks c_man now I wish I'd recorded it really was so sweet!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Eeeek I'm really Christmassy this morning :D

leahyl wrote: »
    Eeeek I'm really Christmassy this morning :D

I know how you feel ! I just had a delivery (some christmas pressies I ordered for kiddies!) :D so excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Found one of them Yankee candles tonight,Christmas eve aroma apparently,i lit it anyway,the countdown is on ha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Argos Autumn/Winter catalogue is nearly here! :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Argos Autumn/Winter catalogue is nearly here! :-)
    One of my favorite days of the year. :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ive got the golden ticket:-D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement