Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

So, the quirky stuff.... ? Are you allowed give a hint?
    Also, do you stock the "Jingles" stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

They had this range of vibrantly coloured resin decorations, almost cartoon-like? Wasn't a big fan!

306318.jpg

Also, there's only so many wreathes and leafy branch things we can keep; they were more for the Garden Centres and Interior Design places. There was a lot of 'woodland creature' themed stuff, deer, owls, hedgehogs, and candle holders that looked like logs.

There was a gorgeous range, sort of cream/gold, decorated in music sheet designs, and I'd never seen them before. I think they're new because I can't find any pictures online.

What is the 'Jingles' stuff? I was zooming through her iPad ordering things so I wasn't looking at the names of the collections! Also, had my boss breathing down my neck to hurry up!

This was gorgeous! In fact, they had a whole range of peacock-coloured stuff. Lots of clip-on birds and little statues.

200-77025873-2399_M?$PDP_M$

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh I love that combination of colours. :)

The Jingles stuff is a range of tableware (mugs, condiment sets etc) that I've seen in a few pharmacies over the past couple of Christmases. It's this kind of thing:

il_340x270.531811451_op84.jpg

Btw, I love that little reindeer, are you getting it in? :cool:

• Advertisement

Oh yes, that looks like the stuff Floraville do. I'll be doing that order at the Trade Show in the RDS, Tuesday week, so I'll let you know ;)

Nah, that reindeer and his buddies were a bit far out for us!

Actually, looking at their site, you're right. AND they're in Dunshaughlin - trade only I suppose (darn!).
    Pity about the little Reindeer - I foresee a lot of schlepping about in Dublin looking for him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My friend put up a picture on his facebook of him at a Christmas Trade Fair this morning!

I NEED to be at this! hahaha!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Advertisement

A surprise for anyone in St Stephen’s Green this morning!

http://jrnl.ie/1464072

Loughc wrote: »

I have to say the plans for this look great. I love the fact it's opened from the 17th of November the same day the lights on grafton street are being turned on.

Boards meet up anyone :P

It should give the city a big Christmas feel.

Spent the whole day at the tradeshows! Can't wait for September now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I sprayed some Mulled Wine and Apple air freshener earlier (found it at the back of the cupboad)and it smelled like Christmas.
    I want it to be Christmas now :mad:

7 months to go to the big night, my little elves!! Ho ho ho....

Isn't it about now that we do a post mortem on last year's Christmas dinner & start planning this year's? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭DenMan

I saw toblerones in a shop today after teaching! If ever there was a sign Christmas is getting closer then that's it! :D

There must be something in the air bringing us all back here this week haha.

Seeing as the weather looks set to be awful I can't wait for the summer to pass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

IN 7 months today it's Xmas! yikes lol

I went to one of the poundland stores in wallsal the other day, they did have some section of Xmas items still for sale! (Well since before Xmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Ordered myself a new Christmas planner/organizer (my cheer myself up treat every year while waiting for the big day), and it arrived today! :D now to start writing up my lists , plans, receipes etc can't wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, exciting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Posy wrote: »
    Ooh, exciting! :D

I know!!! Combining my two obsessions christmas and organising ! Brilliant! Have my cleaning lists all done up now so I can sit back and just enjoy the big day ... And weeks leading up to it! Less than 7 months :D:D

:eek::eek::eek: DROP THAT TINSEL & PUT THOSE GLASS BAUBLES DOWN CAREFULLY :eek::eek::eek:

Look at this! http://www.her.ie/entertainment/stop-everything-elf-the-musical-is-coming-to-dublin/

Fellow elves I can hardly contain my excitement - I almost dislodged my toebells! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

OMG cant believe it that's brilliant news! cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

washiskin wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: DROP THAT TINSEL & PUT THOSE GLASS BAUBLES DOWN CAREFULLY :eek::eek::eek:

Look at this! http://www.her.ie/entertainment/stop-everything-elf-the-musical-is-coming-to-dublin/

Fellow elves I can hardly contain my excitement - I almost dislodged my toebells! :D

:eek: OMG that is the best news I've heard all year! It's my favourite movie ever so the musical is going to be phenomenal!!!! :D

My little boy is due in over six weeks and he should hopefully be about five months old for his first Christmas so I'm intent on getting him one of these:

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Elf-Dress-Up/LW5546,default,pd.html

:)

^^^^That's the cutest thing! :D

I know, it looks adorable doesn't it?!

I also love this but I think Mr. Merkin might say it's a step too far :o

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/313985405241597836/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love Elf. So excited about the musical.

Aw Merkin, love the Elf costume. The candy cane outfit is adorable as well. My little fella had the most gorgeous reindeer suit, down to a little bell on his backside. My children are going to hate me when they grow up.....

• Advertisement

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    My little fella had the most gorgeous reindeer suit, down to a little bell on his backside.

Awwwwwwwwwww, that's just too cute!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement