Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Ye still breastfeeding and shes just started to reduce feeds so thats why its come back I presume!! Thought id get a bit longer out of it :P

I don't know what to do for it. Think it would be a bitta craic.to get everyone to dress up and have her in a costume to show off at her 21st haha her fault really for being born on halloween :P

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I haven't even thought about Halloween yet just thinking about his birthday. May get a nice costume and go trick or treating. Couldn't possibly let him eat the sweets so I will help dispose of them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I'll dress herself up,we wont trick or treat though,will call to my mams with her little cousin and let them scare the trick or treaters there

Well when I say trick or treating I mean visiting grandparents and aunts and uncles. Still a lot of visiting!

Well when I say trick or treating I mean visiting grandparents and aunts and uncles. Still a lot of visiting!

And a lot of sweets :-D ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I kinda feel like I ought to have a bit of a get together for Hugo's first birthday as we didn't have a christening, heathens that we are :P but I'm in two minds; it's a lot of fuss for someone who won't know anything about it! Might throw together a cake and a few sangwiches for the relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

It'll be tea and cake for our immediate families and godparents. That'll still bring us to 22/24 people though.

Same amount here 20-22 presuming wveryone can make it.

I think we'l have 14,billy no mates ;-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Don't worry we're 7, and 4 of those are us.

• Advertisement

I'd like to be more like you DK! Weeeeny problem or two; family of mine is coming over from Canada the week of his birthday - they'll be bringing their 1st baby with them; we haven't seen that side of the family for a good number of years so there'll be an expectation of a ''do''; and we are heading off on holliers a few days after his birthday so any 'do' will have to shoehorned into the few days between their arrival and our departure, along with work and the military holiday planning! :eek:

How's all the mamas and babas getting on?

I can't believe he's going to be one! I was initially quite level-headed about it, but as the day approaches I find I'm getting seriously emotional :o We went to Smyths the other day to get his pressie - spent way too much money, of course - and I absolutely can't wait to wrap it up in lots of shiny paper and ribbons for him. We're having a little get together in his Nana's house, tea, sandwiches, cake, balloons and I'm ridiculously excited about it too.

He's doing his best to walk and talk - he holds up his little hands and waves them about while he's gabbling, like someone gesticulating in a very camp fashion :) Every now and again he forgets to hold on and lands on his bum, but I can see his wobbly moments of balancing are lasting a little longer. He's still bald as a badger, except for the tuft of newborn hair he's stubbornly held onto and which has grown into a comical pointy quiff. Looks like he may be going blonde like his mama was. There's two more teeth about to pop through, # 9 and 10, and I'd say #'s 11 and 12 aren't too far behind. You need eyes in the back of your head, 24/7, as he's the kind of kid who looks at dangerous pointy things and thinks, ''wheeeeeeeee!!!''

It's been the best year of my life. Happy birthday, little buddy.

We had a micro party for Rory today (who's going to be one on Tuesday). I remember going all out for James' first birthday (and crying all day due to trauma over his birth), but today was a barely bothered affair.

He seemed pretty terrified by the cake being on fire and all the sudden singing. :pac:

Congrats on the birthdays ladies ��
    Ours is a few weeks yet,given that she was way too comfy to budge.
    I can see her making a serious dent in the cake,eating wise and her general make bits of everything you touch personality
    She's asleep beside me here,she rarely does that but since I went back to work she doesn't like me too far away on weekends
    She does the very gestured trying to talk too nikpmup its gas!!

Cannot wait til x-mas with her��

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Very excited about the birthday and really looking forward to halloween too! They're both about a week apart so may blend the two. Having a small birthday with family and really close friends.

Super excited about Christmas and saw Next have their Christmas outfits available online now too!

We have a few weeks to go as well. Remember the excitement around this time last year, logging in to see the arrivals start to happen and wondering who'd be next :) Feels like forever ago in one sense and only yesterday in a way.

This morning is my lie in and I'm in bed listening to OH and herself potter round. She's so funny with her 'chatting'. Everyone and everything is 'dog'. It's so cute. She has 'Mama' and 'Dada' too but usually sounds like she's giving out when she says them. My mother swears she heard her say 'no' yesterday. Wouldn't surprise me, she hears it enough or 'ah, ah' when she's climbing up onto something she shouldn't. She is standing by herself for a good while now and makes a tentative attempt at a step every now and again and falls. She's a right daredevil and likes nothing better than being bounced or jumped. She's loves throwing herself around and trying to dive off things. Throwing herself backwards when she's sitting on your lap facing you is a favourite trick.

Happy birthday Baby Das and baby nikpmup.

Just wondering what car seats you are all using now?
    We definately need to move on from the cabriofix

Just wondering what car seats you are all using now?
    We definately need to move on from the cabriofix

We both bought extended rearfacing seats, an Isofix for my OH's car and a non isofix for mine. I got the Joie stages, he got the casualplay Bicare. His I reckon is more comfortable, but mine definitely has better straps on the harness. Happy with both of them.

We had our party Monday.can't believe she's not a little baby anymore.quickest year ever.been a tough year personal life wise.cant wait for santy now��

I wonder if my boy will be the last one walking? He's not even coasting yet and he's 13 months.

• Advertisement

I reckon mine could surprise you! He's coasting but shows no interest in trying to stand on his own or attempting to take a step. This house is small and he can pretty much get around it in seconds coasting!
    My niece and nephew never crawled, and barely coasted. One day they both just got up and started running around the place.

Well, we made it! My baby is a year old. Where the hell did the time go? This time last year I was just about to have her. I look at her and can't believe how much joy this small, amazing little person has brought into our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Roesy wrote: »
    Well, we made it! My baby is a year old. Where the hell did the time go? This time last year I was just about to have her. I look at her and can't believe how much joy this small, amazing little person has brought into our lives.

Happy bday to her. I didn't feel very sentimental on the lead up the first birthday but on the day, thinking about where we were this time last year and how far we've come, it did feel pretty good!

Happy birthday baby Roesy, and all the other Oct '13 babas!

So our boy is one year and two weeks old and we have been told by the creche ladies that he is very bright today. He's got a good small vocabulary and his diction is surprisingly clear for his age. I was chuffed and walked out all thrilled with the mensa candidate I had created. I went into work very happy boasting about him and was cut down to size straight away by an uber competitive mother when her response was but he's not walking yet so he can't be that good. Oh well that was my ego bruised good and proper

So our boy is one year and two weeks old and we have been told by the creche ladies that he is very bright today. He's got a good small vocabulary and his diction is surprisingly clear for his age. I was chuffed and walked out all thrilled with the mensa candidate I had created. I went into work very happy boasting about him and was cut down to size straight away by an uber competitive mother when her response was but he's not walking yet so he can't be that good. Oh well that was my ego bruised good and proper

I hate that competitive mom nonsense - you've every right to be proud of your son without someone trampling all over it and belittling you. There's quite a few women in my job with young children, and I would always try to be supportive of them. It does my nut in when you get poorly disguised snide comments thrown at you.

If the creche staff - childcare professionals - think he's ahead of the posse then he is. My boy is the same age and can only say ducka ducka duck. And I think birdy :)

That's incredible! I used to babysit a child who could speak whole complex sentences at 18 months. He was brill. He ended going to a school for the gifted.

Thanks ladies! This is a big deal for us as his development is being closely monitored due to some delays noticed at various checks to date. I am thrilled his gray matter seems to be good even if he is physically behind the curve because we thought he was going to be a special little boy needing extra care for life and every day it is like he is aiming to prove the doctors wrong

H is gingerly making the crossing from couch to armchair by himself. All three big steps, and is congratulating himself very loudly each time by exclaiming ''Yaaay'' when he does it. Could watch this all day.

• Advertisement

Because of the difficult pregnancy I had with my son and the rough time both my husband and I have had since he was born my amazing husband bought me a present. He told me how in awe of me he was keeping my chin up in spite of all we have had to face and sitting in doctors offices asking questions about care and the future when he was still stuck on the WTF part of the news we had gotten. He told me how much he loved me and that he wished he had gotten me this a long time ago but it took time to pick it and get it made. I was presented with a bag and in that bag was a box and in that box was a diamond ring which is wedged onto my finger as I type (yes it's too small because my husband thinks I'm more delicately made than I actually am but I am so not going to leave it all alone in a box).
    I am close to tears most times since i got it because of the work behind the scenes my husband did to get this for me and the meaning behind the gift. This is my fight on present and no better person to wear that and fight on behalf of my boy. If my son grows up and decides to meet someone special and get married this is his ring to use and I'm just the custodian of it until he's ready.

Advertisement