Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I'm wearing... ***NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

306262.jpg

What on earth happened to this thread? First new post in over 6 months!

Anywhoo this is getting a lot of wrist time lately- a Seiko Skx008. It seems quite small though after having worn the 50mm Parnis I got a while back for a week or two. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The Orient Ray that arrived during the week:
    13957291228_f9f8277d5b_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Eoin wrote: »
    The Orient Ray that arrived during the week:

You've a few Orients now I think Eoin- is that right? What's the quality like, worth shelling out for? I'm always just a little concerned that the metal work looks a little too bright/blingy if that makes sense.

This is my first Orient, though I've had a ton of divers over the last couple of years. The quality is pretty good. The case and the bracelet have a satin finish apart from some polished lines up the middle of the bracelet, so it doesn't look too shiny. The clasp feels a little tinny. Lume is good, bezel turns nicely and the face is very nice. The face reflects the light a little, but as it's a deep blue colour it's not OTT.

I don't get the point of an extra screwed down pusher just to change the day of the week; it feels a bit unnecessary (coming from someone who favours chronographs without ever actually using them). Maybe that's not unusual though. It's 41mm which is smaller than I usually go for, but it feels like it wears a little bigger.

It doesn't feel as solidly built as the Steinhart, and I wanted to try their green bezel diver, but it's about a 3rd of the cost.

Today it's my Breitling. I think the shirt's a little too big for me, if a 46mm watch fits easily under the cuff.

14011762607_779621fee7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

All summery on the rubber strap.. :P

C69D7E0BA1E7461E87DE8213BAE1D10C-0000341658-0003567218-00640L-780000CB3F904696BD953B6CD9CD406C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Summer Orange on the GP LE

IMG_0337_zpsd4538b4a.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Today Im wearing a Casio....:)

[IMG][/img]IMG_20140516_19233_edit_1400264664741.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

mondeo wrote: »
    Today Im wearing a Casio....:)

The Bear Grylls of Casios.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Amalgam wrote: »
    The Bear Grylls of Casios.

Also the ossama bin laden :)
    http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2011/apr/28/casio-f-91w-watch-design-hipsters-al-qaida
    Casio's F-91W watch: the design favourite of hipsters ... and al-Qaida

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Never let me down. Tough as old boots. Only thing that pisses me off is that the date is in American format and from research it cant be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

1980 CWC G10 (fatboy)

F81C3A3B-EB45-4A1B-A566-36FFD43647A0_zpshmyqzn6p.jpg

Today it's my Breitling. I think the shirt's a little too big for me, if a 46mm watch fits easily under the

Is that a JB champion mesh?

Is that a JB champion mesh?

Nope, it's original to the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

20052014.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Those unisonic UG's are bloody marvelous IMHO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

My first automatic and one that probably wil stay with me for a long time (I didn't say never as in this hobby, tastes come and go and todays' grail is history tomorrow).
    On my wrist for almost two weeks non-stop (except when riding the bike) and is so comfortable on bracelet as well on rubber.

Please excuse the fingerprints, were only visible on the screen and I don't feel like firing up the camera again :o

fortis%2520020.jpg

m4r10 wrote: »
    My first automatic and one that probably wil stay with me for a long time (I didn't say never as in this hobby, tastes come and go and todays' grail is history tomorrow).
    On my wrist for almost two weeks non-stop (except when riding the bike) and is so comfortable on bracelet as well on rubber.

Thats really nice. What size is it?

Thats really nice. What size is it?

Thanks.
    The case is 42mm but measuring across the bezel is 44mm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Thanks.
    The case is 42mm but measuring across the bezel is 44mm.

Always liked Fortis. Here's my Poljot Aviator, homage to the Fortis Flieger.

307825.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Used to wear a couple of gold 'uns. Now it just wear this one 'NOW'. Occasionally will take out a 10 dolla' Chinese made black one which looks decent for what it cost.

now_golds.jpg
    now.png
    now_10dollas.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

these are the other ones...
    now_golds.jpgnow_10dollas.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

My new watch! In love. Going to buy a black bezel also as it looks amazing imo with the orange numbers.

893bet wrote: »
    My new watch! In love. Going to buy a black bezel also as it looks amazing imo with the orange numbers.

Is this the one from adverts?

As for the bezel, I don't think you can buy spare ones, not even from Omega which will charge you crazy money for one if they will sell you one.

Is this the one from adverts?

As for the bezel, I don't think you can buy spare ones, not even from Omega which will charge you crazy money for one if they will sell you one.

There are two of them up. This is 42 mm one from Galway. Pics don't do it justice. I am drooling over it!

You can get bezels on eBay for twenty quid bit I wouldn't put them near my watch. From reading online you can get genuine omega bezels from ofrei.com. They cost around 250 dollars so ain't cheap. See thread below on WUS.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/bezel-swap-planet-ocean-orange-transformed-pics-326582.html

Very nice - I was looking for one of them last year, but most of the owners love them too much to move them on. I agree with you about the black bezel - with the orange numbers it's just the right amount of colour.

Very nice - I was looking for one of them last year, but most of the owners love them too much to move them on. I agree with you about the black bezel - with the orange numbers it's just the right amount of colour.

There is still one there! It's 45.5 though so you need a big wrist to pull it off IMO.

Bezel will have to wait a while as a service is needed first as I don't think it has had one since purchase (2005). 9 years is a long time.

You can get bezels on eBay for twenty quid bit I wouldn't put them near my watch. From reading online you can get genuine omega bezels from ofrei.com. They cost around 250 dollars so ain't cheap. See thread below on WUS.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/bezel-swap-planet-ocean-orange-transformed-pics-326582.html

It's good to knowthat spare bezels can be sourced and fit to the watch. Reading through the link you posted, the black bezel certainly changes the look of the watch, but I wouldn't swap the orange bezel as I like a bit of color in my watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

There is still one there! It's 45.5 though so you need a big wrist to pull it off IMO.

Dont buy a new Bezel...Spend the money on a nice new isofrane Rubber strap...Black or Orange (or both:D)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement