Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I'm wearing... ***NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Shame on you :p

Love the way at some angles the light catches the blue flamed hands and they look either black or blue

Am trying to see if Stowa would put similar hands on My Marine Original

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Some of the others :D

ah feck off....:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That is exactly what I am lookin for, I have a casio with the ordinary strap and my son took it, but that looks the business. Would you mind letting me know where you got it?
    Thanks...

Amazon, around £100 I think with a 20 percent discount

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Vostok Amphibia "Scuba Dude" ...and two Wrasse :D

266624.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Seiko SARB059 on its new Nato from the Nato Strap Co.

1186430d1376229452-wruw-sunday-august-11-9487125116_93f406fb61_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

IMG_2722.JPG

Breitling Chronmetre Navitimer .

9500118989_bdb5c51429_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

[IMG][/img]IMG_20130813_161901.jpg

I need a new watch

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I have been wearing the Speedy pretty much nonstop the past month.

92BB6F2C-29D5-43F2-ADF0-0B4B60BC78A5-16489-000007943E2F737B_zps5db049c3.jpg

• Advertisement

Birthday present to myself. Been a good week watch wise. LE Blue monster, this orange sumo & about 10 NATO's from the Nato Strap Co.

Thats it for this year unfortunately:

9504944782_c3149374cc_z.jpg

I have been wearing the Speedy pretty much nonstop the past month.

Like that...wonder if I should get a speedie...I have a PO 45mm....do I need another black Omega

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

IMG_20130814_224932.jpg

Here are my two newest, a Bulova and a Tissot. I had to take the strap off of the Bulova and put on one of my spares, and I'll do the same with the Tissot, it has a butterfly clasp strap. I can't stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I bought a more subtle strap for my Mariner - I think the mesh one would be better suited to a diver.

9514147728_039fd16b80_z.jpg

IMG_2722.JPG

Nobody picked up on the fact that mine is a replica .Yes i bought it here in Thailand from a dealer in replicas who was recommended to me .It cost B2000 or 50 euro .Runs on battery and has Japanese movement .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Knew straight away it is a replica, but didn't want to offend.

Knew straight away it is a replica, but didn't want to offend.

same as but didn't want to tell ya you had wasted a few €000

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Today I'm wearing my new Laco Altenburg. It's my first flieger style watch and I love it. I was caught between getting a Stowa or a Laco but found this in a Barcelona shop window and when I tried it on I couldn't resist. I never heard of either brand before becoming a serial lurker on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Lads,

As a matter of curiosity how did ye spot the Breitling was a fake from that picture.

It had me fooled big time and I've been doing some reading on how to spot fakes.

Thanks.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

Lads,

As a matter of curiosity how did ye spot the Breitling was a fake from that picture.

It had me fooled big time and I've been doing some reading on how to spot fakes.

Thanks.

TbL

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks Blindsider,

Very helpful.

I'm a year hanging around this forum and still as much as a novice as I was last year!

Obviously I'll have to buy my watches new and from authorised dealers :)

cf

My newest cheapy.

corpo3030 wrote: »
    My newest cheapy.

May be cheap but i like the nice clear design .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

corpo3030 wrote: »
    My newest cheapy.

Nice. I like the full day name display.

Seems to be a variation on the Casio MTP-1370*-*****. Depending on watch colour and strap.

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/watch/collection/mtp-1370l-7avef/

Yes I got it in Argos, they also sell the black faced version. Unfortunately they both come with the standard crappy metal bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

blindsider wrote: »
    PM sent.

Can you please post here your method of spotting the fake Breitling as I think it will be useful for people trying to buy the real thing and might avoid somebody a heart attack in case they're sold a fake?
    I for one am not impressed by Breitling's busy dials but some other folks do and might take on board the differences between the two.

Lads,

Thanks.

TbL

the one little thing i saw is the proximity and shape of the anchor to the B on the second hand..it looks rounded and the left hand side on the anchor should be closer to the B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

m4r10 wrote: »
    Can you please post here your method of spotting the fake Breitling as I think it will be useful for people trying to buy the real thing and might avoid somebody a heart attack in case they're sold a fake?
    I for one am not impressed by Breitling's busy dials but some other folks do and might take on board the differences between the two.[/QUOTE

I am far from an expert, but the following may help:

1. The strap looks poor. Hardly a Breitling issue IMO.

2. The date numbers are facing the wrong way.

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwBA&dur=1739

I have a genuine Breitling Aerospace - I bought it new from an authorised dealer with box, papers and warranty.

There is a very small Breitling-styled 'B' on the outer surface of the bezel, around 58 mins to the hour - one sign of a genuine Breitling, but there are others, depending on the model.

Also, a look at the movement etc will often reveal a fake - if it's not Breitling inside.......

The best way IMVHO is to only consider watches from respected sources, or to insist on other safeguards e.g. warranty card matches the serial no. on the watch. (I suppose you could fake this, but Breitling don't make it easy - the numbers are punched all the way through the booklet.)

Personally, I wouldn't buy an expesive watch w/o some sort of verification. Any decent seller will understand that you'd need to have the watch authenticated by a Dealer. This will cost a little, but surely it'd be worth it.

There have been discussions re this before in W&T - and I'm an amateur - any experts want to chip in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

blindsider wrote: »
    m4r10 wrote: »
    I for one am not impressed by Breitling's busy dials but some other folks do and might take on board the differences between the two.[/QUOTE

I am far from an expert, but the following may help:

1. The strap looks poor. Hardly a Breitling issue IMO.

2. The date numbers are facing the wrong way.

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwBA&dur=1739

I have a genuine Breitling Aerospace - I bought it new from an authorised dealer with box, papers and warranty.

There is a very small Breitling-styled 'B' on the outer surface of the bezel, around 58 mins to the hour - one sign of a genuine Breitling, but there are others, depending on the model.

Also, a look at the movement etc will often reveal a fake - if it's not Breitling inside.......

The best way IMVHO is to only consider watches from respected sources, or to insist on other safeguards e.g. warranty card matches the serial no. on the watch. (I suppose you could fake this, but Breitling don't make it easy - the numbers are punched all the way through the booklet.)

Personally, I wouldn't buy an expesive watch w/o some sort of verification. Any decent seller will understand that you'd need to have the watch authenticated by a Dealer. This will cost a little, but surely it'd be worth it.

There have been discussions re this before in W&T - and I'm an amateur - any experts want to chip in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Actually taken on Saturday
    07092013.jpg

Advertisement