Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I'm wearing... ***NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

an old friend :)

243216.JPG

that nasty red spot on on the back of my hand btw ...that's from my Quondam slamming in there repeatedly over the last two days ...the joys of heavy watches on loose fitting bracelets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

tumblr_mj3849hMJA1qlvcrgo1_500.jpg

Super Seiko Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

4ba565241163662.jpg

Wearing this today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

It's been a while since I had this on.. 14060M

62058D4339FE4DD8A5294BED6B0CE0D3-0000341658-0003180929-00640L-CE86610EFEDB40B6B9E9B10DE669AFF8.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i don't think it suits you, perhaps you should give it to me instead ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

s4aszn.jpg

Just got this fixed up having broken it fixing it, if you know what I mean... two tiny springs inside that I forgot all about when changing the battery.

Anyhow, it says "Time" in the bottom left corner not in case you forget what them big numbers are there for but there's a whole lot of other stuff that can be displayed (eg day/date, chrono, alarm, etc) that I've hidden at the moment. It rings up Germany at 2am every day to check the time too! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

MiCr0 wrote: »
    i don't think it suits you, perhaps you should give it to me instead ;-)
    I think it would suit you even less M, so...(pm me Homer)
    :)

That Junghans is sweeet A. Interesting history with them and technology. Very cool.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

DHL are en route to me with this Panerai 359, taken in trade for my IWC top gun, looking forward to this arriving :D

pam359.jpg

After a long hiatus in the drawer I took out the converted pocket watch again.
    Considering how I mistreated and manhandled that poor watch during the process (due to lack of experience and proper tools) it is a surprise that it still runs at all and a minor miracle that it's only gained 30 seconds over the last 22 hours.

244402.JPG

Having put to bed the red fella above on Sunday evening, I took out the Gerlach "Dzik", set it to time.is (unlike all my russians it has a stop second function) put it on and haven't taken it off since.

Now, three days later it is out by

244873.JPG

yepp ...three seconds.

not bad for a movement made by little Chinamen and tweaked by a burly Polish guy :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's pretty damned amazing P. Shows how modern design movements and materials can be so accurate. Sure you can get that accuracy and better with some vintage movements, but by god it takes some serious balance work etc by a watchmaker to do it and the parts have to be tip top.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

You wouldn't like that movement anyway, Wibbs. It's got a fairly noisy rotor ...which seems to be quite common on some Seagull movements.

You lost me when you said "rotor" :D

Wibbs wrote: »
    You lost me when you said "rotor" :D

Wibbs ...it's that big part that obstructs the view of all the essential bits :D

dsc03592t.jpg

(actual Seagull movement as used in my watch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Decided I'd give the Casio a run out today. Have not worn if much lately. Also decided to try my hand and removing some links. Happy with my first attempt even if it did take forever to get those little barrel washers into place.

823513FE-484D-4003-AD9A-34958892D4D9-5071-000009AF44EED2D0_zps26bc137a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I'm wearing my Suunto Core all black in work with a suit and it sort of works.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Love the new strap on it, completely transforms the watch and it is much more comfortable than the stock rubber strap it came on.
    image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Casio day for me too today

es5309.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

do ya all think that people think we are mad taking photos of our watches while on us....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

I just hope the people taking photos when in the car are not driving at the same time!! That would be just time travel!! (Yes, that neither made sense, nor was it funny, off to bed with me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got this back today after some work. I really like it. The only bad thing is that I sold the Steinhard O1VR on watchuseek because I couldn't justify having the two... (by the way I had 6 PMs offering to buy within 10 minutes, I probably should have priced it higher!).

7B6B4F5F-BEF3-41F3-BC3A-072356ADACBF-14282-000002313983E13B_zpsd9674148.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

went down to Lidl today and bought the spring bar removal tool and changed the strap on the Ikarus to the old style brown flieger
    Sorry about the crap pic
    6xq5Dxzl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Got this back today after some work. I really like it. The only bad thing is that I sold the Steinhard O1VR on watchuseek because I couldn't justify having the two... (by the way I had 6 PMs offering to buy within 10 minutes, I probably should have priced it higher!).

7B6B4F5F-BEF3-41F3-BC3A-072356ADACBF-14282-000002313983E13B_zpsd9674148.jpg

very nice Nonop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭amacca

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    very nice Nonop

yeah, thats a real beauty imo

drool drool drool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

8636483415_7a098fb511_b.jpg

My new Christopher Ward C11 Auto. Said id take a chance on it and its just an unreal watch for the money. Quality and detail just awesome. And its tick is quite loud which is nice, i.e. in a quiet office i can just hear it when sitting at my desk.

Highly recommend Christopher Ward to anyone looking for a high quality solid well designed Automatic that doesnt cost thousands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Very nice. I like the simple design.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

do80tz.jpg

Picked this up just before Christmas.
    1981 Rolex Submariner 16800. Transitional model with matte dial, tritium markers, sapphire crystal and high-beat movement. All original parts (note the faded bezel, patina on the pearl and hour markers, and slightly-corroded hands). It came with a beautiful, distressed leather strap, which I've swapped out for the original 93150 bracelet. I find the later models of the Sub a bit too shiny and jewellery-like, and prefer the more understated styling of this one. Plus, 1981 is my birth year, so that's nice too.

dancrowley wrote: »
    I find the later models of the Sub a bit too shiny and jewellery-like, and prefer the more understated styling of this one.
    +1 DC, for me that's what a "proper" Rolex looks like. Lovely watch and nice when it's your birth year too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,243 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I lost a pin from the original bracelet on my Steinhart, so until I get that fixed I thought I'd try it out on a new strap.

I had a spare black leather strap, but it was too chunky and made the watch feel smaller - so I got this leather NATO strap instead.

I know they're not to everyone's taste, but I think it suits it, given the watch it's based on.

8644063246_107a8db720_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

Eoin wrote: »
    I lost a pin from the original bracelet on my Steinhart, so until I get that fixed I thought I'd try it out on a new strap.

I had a spare black leather strap, but it was too chunky and made the watch feel smaller - so I got this leather NATO strap instead.

I know they're not to everyone's taste, but I think it suits it, given the watch it's based on.
    That's a gorgeous look. The watch I've shown just above yours was sold with a similar strap (distressed, brown Zulu) and also suits, given the watch it's based on.
    That Steinhart's a beauty.

Advertisement