Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARCTIC MC001-N ~ MultiMedia Barebone PC - €114.95 Delivered. [Amazon.de]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Cool, fingers crossed that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

That did the trick alright, next stop getting my sky go account to work!

Learning slowly but surely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm going to try and nab one in the morning.

You could try setting up an email alert with CamelCamelCamel but I'm not sure if they check prices often enough. I set one up with Keepa but it's useless it's been in and out of stock 3 times since I set it up and I haven't had an email off them yet! (I don't want to buy another I was just testing the system).

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13 E90

Anyone have the RTL2832u showing up in Windows as a device that needs attention?
    Is it a TV tuner? There were no drivers on the disc supplied...

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

E90 wrote: »
    Anyone have the RTL2832u showing up in Windows as a device that needs attention?
    Is it a TV tuner? There were no drivers on the disc supplied...

The tuner driver is here:
    http://www.arctic.ac/index.php?eID=tx_mm_bccmsbase_zip&id=1222270975134343df2e41

Part of the Docs & Downloads:
    http://www.arctic.ac/en/support/downloads.htm?cid=7219&pid=9908

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

If anyone is looking at doing a dual boot with windows and openelec there is a good tutorial here

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RoflHarris

Remouad wrote: »
    If anyone is looking at doing a dual boot with windows and openelec there is a good tutorial here

Thanks for that, planning on doing a dual boot when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

What's the usual delivery time for this from Amazon.de?
    Mine just got dispatched this afternoon but the estimated delivery date is nearly 3 weeks times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Got a reply from Arctic this morning saying that due to the volume of orders they got around Chinese new year, it's taking up to three weeks to ship them.

I presume that could affect Amazon orders as well as ones direct from Arctic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

ongarite wrote: »
    What's the usual delivery time for this from Amazon.de?
    Mine just got dispatched this afternoon but the estimated delivery date is nearly 3 weeks times.
    Most seem to have arrived 6-8 days after despatch from Germany.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Back in stock again for €99. Looks like 14 units available.
    http://www.amazon.de/ARCTIC-MC001-N-Entertainment-Computer-Barebone/dp/B005AR1RT6/

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Mine arrived just now was dispatched on 27 feb, looking forward to getting it working ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Anyone tell me how an MPEG2-TS stream 1080i would perform on this hardware? Stream would also require interlacing

Mine arrived just now was dispatched on 27 feb, looking forward to getting it working ;)

did it come via normal post? whereabouts in Dublin are you?
    I'm in ballsbridge and it didn't come in this mornings post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

RoflHarris wrote: »
    did it come via normal post? whereabouts in Dublin are you?
    I'm in ballsbridge and it didn't come in this mornings post :(

Hi it came with an post parcel guy, not normal post, I'm in d3

Hi it came with an post parcel guy, not normal post, I'm in d3

great, hopefully mine will arrive today so, cheers

FYI

ARCTIC is proud to announce the compatibility with nVidia’s newest graphics card, the GeForce GTX Titan. We offer 3 high performance aftermarket coolers.
    The Accelero Twin Turbo II, Accelero Xtreme III and our integrated air and liquid cooling solution – the Accelero Hybrid can offer you top-notch performances and low noise output for your system.

http://www.benchmarkemail.com/c/v?e=28A997&c=230F6&l=5E3CDA6&email=5EC6TgDnE3sWk3%2B0cpa64kyPBhzqZXIgBJcAT8xErqg%3D&relid=4C4A98B6

Nevermind I dont think this is related to this model + $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭v240gltse

thought i would post here before putting it up on donedeal/adverts. I'am selling my ARCTIC MC001-N ( 4gb memory+160gb disk no dvd ) with Linux Kubuntu installed and all original packing. Bought on a whim and not been used I'll sell it for what i paid for it ( + a few euros for the disk ) at 160e.

can be picked up from naas or will meet up kildare/south dublin.

pm me if interested

regards

Mine just arrived to the office :D
    The plug looks to be EU style and I can't see an Irish adapter for it in the box, did everybody have to buy their own?

Anyone tell me how an MPEG2-TS stream 1080i would perform on this hardware? Stream would also require interlacing

In Linux it will play poorly. There is no MPEG-2 support in XVBA currently so decoding would be done on the CPU, which is very weak.

And MPEG-2 software decoding cannot be multi-threaded so you are only using one core (and one thread) of the already weak Atom.

I tested a 10Mbps 1080i MPEG-2 clip and it was smoothly playable using one type of deinterlacing (software blend). And at that it was pushing a single thread to 80-90% much of the time. So right on the limit. A few more Mbps would render it unplayable most likely.

It's a software issue, they don't have the documentation and SDK they need from ATI to implement MPEG-2 GPU decoding. So it may or may not be fixed in the future.

It should be fine in Windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Mine just arrived to the office :D
    The plug looks to be EU style and I can't see an Irish adapter for it in the box, did everybody have to buy their own?

Yep. You probably have a compatible cable lying around the house.

Yep. You probably have a compatible cable lying around the house.

yeah looks like my laptop one would fit but I haven't got a spare one, I'll just pop into a shop on my way home and pick up a plug adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

installed openelec 3.0 RC4. very easy to manually update from the generic version to the arctic specific version and so far no issues. boot time from cold (using the remote) is 24 seconds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Question - i have win 8 installed on mine and love it! How do i get dvbt to work on it though? Thru xbmc? Can vlc player or equiv show dvbt?

It's a software issue, they don't have the documentation and SDK they need from ATI to implement MPEG-2 GPU decoding. So it may or may not be fixed in the future.

It should be fine in Windows.

I have xbmc installed on both windows and ubuntu 12.04 on an intel HD3000 with basically the same results on both. jittering on the HD, Id love to take the plunge but probably needs a faster card than whats on the Artic. I would love to be proved wrong though

Anyone else running this Artic on Win7 and also have a Dreambox / Vu Duo/ Enigma 2 box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

yeah looks like my laptop one would fit but I haven't got a spare one, I'll just pop into a shop on my way home and pick up a plug adapter

While a monitor I ordered at the same time as my final two MC001's came with a 2 pin euro plug that needed an adapter because the pins are a little bit too close together and bend when trying to plug into an Irish/UK socket, with the Arctics two pin plug you shouldn't have an issue. The prong spacing is perfect for Irish sockets. Have you never used a plastic pen to press in the earth pin on an Irish socket in order to insert a 2 pin plug before???!!!:eek: There is no safety issue afaik. I now have all 6 of my arctics plugged in this way. The adapters are more of a convenience thing. ie. if you have to unplug for whatever reason you don't have to go rooting for a plastic pen every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

It looks handy, looking forward to make this happen, just slightly concerned about the step at the end - activate the boot menu - it looks like dedicated to extreamer ? Would like some advise. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Anyone else running this Artic on Win7 and also have a Dreambox / Vu Duo/ Enigma 2 box?[/Quote]

I am still hoping to use my alien 2 on spark image with openelec. But unfortunately I haven't seen anyone do this successfully as a tv headend or backend .
    Would love to hear any experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

Anyone else running this Artic on Win7 and also have a Dreambox / Vu Duo/ Enigma 2 box?

I am still hoping to use my alien 2 on spark image with openelec. But unfortunately I haven't seen anyone do this successfully as a tv headend or backend .
    Would love to hear any experiences[/QUOTE]

I'm using openelec on the arctic and a raspberry pi, and am using a vu+duo as a backend, to stream live tv and recordings, although everything works on the arctic i cannot get the mpeg2 channels to play on the raspberry pi, i have bought the mpeg2 hardware decoding licence and i think i have installed it correctly but it still wont play the mpeg2 channels i.e satilite channels, saorview channels and hd channels are fine though :)

• Advertisement

Dotts wrote: »
    Would love to hear any experiences

I'm using openelec on the arctic and a raspberry pi, and am using a vu+duo as a backend, to stream live tv and recordings, although everything works on the arctic i cannot get the mpeg2 channels to play on the raspberry pi, i have bought the mpeg2 hardware decoding licence and i think i have installed it correctly but it still wont play the mpeg2 channels i.e satilite channels, saorview channels and hd channels are fine though :)[/QUOTE]

I dont think sparc is compatable with XBMC. enigma2 does have support

So are you confirming that the vu duo will stream to the Artic without any glitches? if so what happens when you open the main menu while the video is running (this puts extra stress on it) how does it fair out?

Advertisement