Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Man Utd v Everton
    Man Utd Race to 7 Corners 11/10

boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

magherakid wrote: »
    boom :D
    I should have voiced my concerns earlier. They responded so quickly that I could edit without the "last edited by" message

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »
    Good attacking line-up from Utd and I've a feeling there'll be goals in this, maybe 3-1 to Utd, so I'm going Utd -1 at 15/8.

Happy with that! Was sure Everton were going to grab a consolation at the end but thankfully they held out.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Inter Milan v Chievo

Inter to score over 1.5 goals @ 4/5 with boylesport

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Going big on double tonight;

Both teams to score Real Vallecano v Athletico Madrid
    Porto -1
    €200 @ 2.22

Madrid have conceded in 7 of their 10 away games this year and on average have conceded 1 per game this year. Vallecano managed to score 3 against Athletico earlier this season at home they should be able to find the net at least once, they have a great home record this season and have scored 3 goals in each of their last 3 home games. Piti and Baptisa start tonight also.
    Falcao also starts for Madrid tonight and they have only once in past 12 games failed to score and that was in the big Madrid derby

Adding in Porto -1 at odds of 1.33 against Olhanense to bring the returns to over evens. 6 of Porto's 9 home league games this season they have beaten the -1 and 2 of the 3 times they failed to beat the -1 was when they had champions league games that week. With a week before and after their next games they should win comfortably tonight against a team sitting in the bottom 3 of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Athletico game over 11 corners @ 5/6 - They average 7.4 away where Vallenco average 6.2 at home

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Gonna take Athletico Madrid @evens
    They havn't lost at Rayo since 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Lisandro Lopez (Lyon) anytime @ 2.40 and first goalscorer @ 5.00

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Small treble of Inter(late posting), Porto, Lyon

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Gonna take Athletico Madrid @evens
    They havn't lost at Rayo since 1994
    Great start to this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Inter Milan v Chievo

Inter to score over 1.5 goals @ 4/5 with boylesport

Nice.......winner after 27 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Could be some price movement tomorrow.

Cork City vs Cliftonville Setanta Cup

Cliftonville fielding weakened side.

Cork in pre-season so that must come into the equation also.

Lisandro Lopez (Lyon) anytime @ 2.40 and first goalscorer @ 5.00

Boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Athletico game over 11 corners @ 5/6 - They average 7.4 away where Vallenco average 6.2 at home
    Finished with 10 corners :( - 7 in the first half ( was starting to count my money) - typical of my day I'd have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Higgytash wrote: »
    Going big on double tonight;

Both teams to score Real Vallecano v Athletico Madrid
    Porto -1
    €200 @ 2.22

Madrid have conceded in 7 of their 10 away games this year and on average have conceded 1 per game this year. Vallecano managed to score 3 against Athletico earlier this season at home they should be able to find the net at least once, they have a great home record this season and have scored 3 goals in each of their last 3 home games. Piti and Baptisa start tonight also.
    Falcao also starts for Madrid tonight and they have only once in past 12 games failed to score and that was in the big Madrid derby

Adding in Porto -1 at odds of 1.33 against Olhanense to bring the returns to over evens. 6 of Porto's 9 home league games this season they have beaten the -1 and 2 of the 3 times they failed to beat the -1 was when they had champions league games that week. With a week before and after their next games they should win comfortably tonight against a team sitting in the bottom 3 of the league.

ughhh thats feckin it i give up betting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Radonman wrote: »
    no worries i'm all over it - he pays my bills lately :D

http://www.betrush.com/pick,Morelia___Club_Leon,47691.html

We've another tomorrow. Tip link + reasoning

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Are we on corners in the pool game tomorrow. I'm not sure can we see 13 corners though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

All over West Brom double chance at at 12/5 tomorrow. Season nearly three quarters way through and Pool still haven't beaten a top 10 side, can't be having them so short here. Mulumbu due back for the baggies will add some added bite that they've been missing of late. WB beat pool fairly comprehensively in the reverse fixture, not expecting anything as easy as that day but they certainly possess the armory to unlock the defence.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Are we on corners in the pool game tomorrow. I'm not sure can we see 13 corners though?

There were 19 corners in WBA's last game against Spurs. it is just that Spurs had 17 of them.

13 in Liverpools last game vs Norwich, Pool having 9

Maybe 13 is a bit high because of WBA not getting enough but race to 7 and 9, depending on odds (which will probably shot to the extreme), should come in for Pool.

Lens double chance (vs Angers) @ 1.67

they lost only once in the last 18 games and were pretty unlucky to lose that game. They play really good football and need to win if they want to keep their hopes of promotion alive. Their topscorer is suspended though. Angers are without one of their regular CBs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Lens double chance (vs Angers) @ 1.67

they lost only once in the last 18 games and were pretty unlucky to lose that game. They play really good football and need to win if they want to keep their hopes of promotion alive. Their topscorer is suspended though. Angers are without one of their regular CBs.

Las, seen on Twitter that Angers are without D.Gomez, Marc Andre-Zoro, Pierre, Etienne, Lemaire, J.Henin, M.Couturier, M.Rousseau & R.Socier

Are any of the above regulars ?

Falconno4 wrote: »
    Las, seen on Twitter that Angers are without D.Gomez, Marc Andre-Zoro, Pierre, Etienne, Lemaire, J.Henin, M.Couturier, M.Rousseau & R.Socier

Are any of the above regulars ?

I'd say the only important missing is Zoro (CB), the others aren't regulars or have been out for a while so it shouldn't affect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Setanta Cup
    Cork v Cliftonville
    Cork 5/4
    Fancy Cork here, Cliftonville top of the league play second place Crusaders in the north belfast derby at the weekend. With that in mind Cliftonville will play a weakened team tonight. Cliftonville last won the League in 1997–98

Boss Tommy Breslin has one goal in mind when it comes to this evening's Setanta Sports Cup First Round clash
    with Cork City - to keep the tie alive ahead of next week's return meeting at Solitude.
    Cliftonville make the long journey south to Turners Cross today for a First Leg match which Breslin admits has arrived
    at a tricky stage of the season.
    "When we get to this time of year, you have to take stock of where your priorities lie and this game against Cork comes
    right in the middle of a busy run of League and Cup matches for us,"
    he explains.
    "I'll be making full use of the squad for this First Leg tie and we'll be using players with first-team experience but, with
    so many important games coming up domestically, it's important we get the balance right
    "Had the fixture been at Solitude, maybe our line-up would have been different but we'll be sending out a team which
    we believe is capable of getting a result, keeping the tie alive and giving us a chance to make progress when Cork
    come up to Belfast next Monday."

http://www.cliftonvillefc.net/news_previewcork_110213.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Double for tonight

Cork City DNB 4/6 (Based on the above with a bit of research - nice post magherakid!)
    Liverpool vs West Brom Over 9.5 corners 1/4

Double comes in at 2.08 on StanJames. Small-Medium Stake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gonna be at the Cork game later lads,

Keep in mind this is Cork's 1st competitive game after only 2 pre season games, will update if I get the teams before they're released.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rekop dog wrote: »
    All over West Brom double chance at at 12/5 tomorrow. Season nearly three quarters way through and Pool still haven't beaten a top 10 side, can't be having them so short here. Mulumbu due back for the baggies will add some added bite that they've been missing of late. WB beat pool fairly comprehensively in the reverse fixture, not expecting anything as easy as that day but they certainly possess the armory to unlock the defence.

I'm tempted to follow, but...
    1. It's at Anfield.
    2. Whenever I back Liverpool, they lose, and whenever I lay them, they win. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Bet 365 doing another free in play for Real v United

Thinking of doing what I did for the Manchester Derby again (although it was close in the end)

Pre game back Under 5.5 goals @ 1/16

In play BTTS @ 4/6

Risk is 3-3 or above, thats about it. As a first leg tie I can't see that happening.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Any knowledge on the Berlin derby tonight? Fancy Hertha to win a low scoring match but with a derby you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Bet 365 doing another free in play for Real v United

Thinking of doing what I did for the Manchester Derby again (although it was close in the end)

Pre game back Under 5.5 goals @ 1/16

In play BTTS @ 4/6

Risk is 3-3 or above, thats about it. As a first leg tie I can't see that happening.

First leg games are so tricky to call. As you mentioned, they're usually tight affairs, but with 2 free-scoring teams (In their leagues this season, they have played 49, scored 120 and conceded 55) you'd never know.

Unless one team completely capitulates, I would imagine under 5.5 is a pretty safe bet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Any knowledge on the Berlin derby tonight? Fancy Hertha to win a low scoring match but with a derby you never know.
    Hertha should beat them well.

Its a derby that rarely happens but cant see Union beating Hertha or come anywhere near it.

Im taking Hertha -1.*

*Just advice, not so much a tip... Im a Hertha fan and I am going to be at the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement