Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Good morning.

Dutch matches for today.
    Much harder to find value than yesterdays matches but here we go:

At 11.30 GMT Utrecht - NEC Nijmegen

I have a 6fold of all matches going over2,5 (all 5 of last nights matches came in) depending on this one.
    Was basically done as a fun bet but it got serious now.

Home win for Utrecht is the obvious one to take here @1.80 (bet365)/ @1.84 (marathon)
    NEC has lost their last 4 away games while Utrecht has had the best months of december/january of all Dutch eredivisie clubs.

Utrecht will be without new signing Toornstra. Debatable of how much you can miss someone who only played 1 match for your club but he was outstanding against Twente last week.
    NEC will have to replace their 1st choice GK but that shouldnt have much infuence on their defense, the replacemnt started the season as 1st choice and was that for years.
    Conditions (weather) might play a part in this match. Pitch has always had problems and yesterday it still snowed in Holland during the evening matches.
    With that in mind, i am going to lay my overs bet on this match just to guarantee profit. Dont take this as a tip :D

At 13.30 Feyenoord - AZ
    Not a secret that i am a Feyenoord fan so take that in mind :D
    Never easy against AZ who play a nice game of football.
    Big man is Adam Maher in midfield although Altidore is doing well for them as well.
    AZ will be without Viktor Elm, suspended, and i think that will have an effect on them seeing that he will most likely be replaced by Willie Overtoom. Completely different player much more creative but lacks a bit defensive thinking compared to Elm.
    Feyenoord has almost no one left on the injury list, Just a CD (no, not cross dresser) who is probably 4th in the picking order anyway.
    Immers will be back in the team after suspension.
    Too bad for us, last weeks double goal scorer Vilhena will move back to a more defensive roll. He was @7,5 last week and today is @8 (same odds as some defender at Feyenoord who isnt really near the 1st team)
    Pelle is 1st choice for penalties, Vilhena no 2 and i don think Pelle likes taking penalties too much. And today is against his old club so i can easily see him pass the ball over to Vilhena if Feyenoord gets a penalty. Which they do get a lot.

Feyenoord has not been defeated at home in all of 2012. And Feyenoord has Pelle, 15 goals this season, 12 were at home

Feyenoord win @1,75 is low though because it can easily end in a draw.
    For the more adventurous ones amongst you: Feyenoord win by 1 goal @3.75 (bet365)/3.55 (marathon)

Also at 13.30 Ajax - Roda

Best to avoid this one, really nothing there i can find that is value.
    Ajax plays Steaua Bucarest in midweek and will want to go as far as possible in the EL.
    They hope to accomplish what Feyenoord did in 2002, play the EL final at home so no matter what other clubs do, Ajax will give the EL everything they got.

With that in mind, if they manage to take a healthy early lead, they will just stroll through the rest of the match.
    Not a single Ajax player with proper odds for any time either.
    If you really must take a bet on this match, take Malki (Roda) any time @3,5 which is actually nice odds.

At 15.30 Zwolle - Twente

Twente with their clown of a manager is doing their best to mess up a good chance to become champions again.
    Must win game for them after PSV dropped points last night (Same goes for Feyenoord, Ajax btw) but i am not too sure they can do that here.
    Zwolle has an awful home record but they are certainly not playing bad at all. They are above the likes of VVV and Willem II. just have been unlucky/unexperienced at times.

Twente is missing:
    Denny Landzaat (kuit), Nacer Chadli (hamstring), Andrej Rendla (knie), Andreas Bjelland (voet), Daniel Fernandes (rug), Wout Brama (geschorst), Rasmus Bengtsson (geschorst).

Most of them are regulars or 1st called upon when there is players missing. Chadli missing is a blow for them (Dont mind the dutch, that is just saying what is wrong with them)

Zwolle DC @2.15 looks good but bare in mind, Zwolle 10 home games played, only 3 x would this have been a winner.

So my picks

Malki any time 3.5
    Vilhena any time 8
    Zwolle DC 2.1

In a small patent, a really small patent.

All matches going over 2,5 today is +/- @7
    All teams to score is +/- @9

I dont think either will happen after last night. A weekend where all matches go over and or all teams score is very rare, even in Holland.
    Zwolle - Twente and/or Feyenoord AZ will be ruining at least one of those.

As said, i have an @21.66 hanging on Utrecht - NEC so obviously i have looked at some more stats for that one

Utrect at home score 73% of their goals in the 2nd half
    Utrecht to score i nthe 2nd half @1.55

Also:

Utrecht at home (10 matches) had 5x HT/FT Draw/Utrecht
    Today this is @4.75
    8x times it was draw at HT
    Today this is @2.3

Last 3 away for NEC all had HT/FT 1-0/2-0
    Today this is @15

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    SV Sandhausen v St. Pauli
    SV Sandhausen: Busch (3/0 d), Halfar (7/0 d), Kittner (5/0 d), Schulz (14/0 d), Glibo (8/0 d), Klotz (12/1 m), Riemann (7/0 f), Dorn (1/1 f)
    St. Pauli: Gonther (0/0 d), Bartels (17/4 f), Boll (9/2 m)
    pick X2

Feyenoord v AZ Alkmaar
    Feyenoord: Kongolo (5/0 d)
    AZ Alkmaar: Elm (19/1 m), Messaoud (1/0 m), Martens (6/1 m), Jóhannsson (6/0 d)
    pick 1

US Palermo v Pescara Calcio
    US Palermo: Hernandez (7/0 f), Mantovani (5/0 d), Ilicic (20/5 m) (doubtful)
    Pescara Calcio: Weiss (19/4 m), Togni (7/1 m), Capuano (16/0 d), Modesto (16/0 m), Sforzini (1/0 f)
    pick 1

Galatasaray SK v Antalyaspor
    Galatasaray SK: Ujfalusi (2/0 d), Melo (16/0 m)
    Antalyaspor: Gökçek Tita (17/3 f), Şişmanoğlu (13/5 f), Sedef (3/0 d), Duruer (14/2 m), Janda (8/0 m)
    pick 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Messi to score 2 or more @ 4/5 with PP - hopefully a response to last night :pac:

Also a bit on a hatrick @ 5/1 - sure why not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

A special in store in Paddy Power. Van Persie 1st goalscorer and Zebo 1st try @45/1. Worth a euro or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Messi to score 2 or more @ 4/5 with PP - hopefully a response to last night :pac:

Also a bit on a hatrick @ 5/1 - sure why not

6 Feckin goals scored and Messi only gets the one - he can go Fuk himself, :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone fancy West Ham?

7/4?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Radonman wrote: »
    6 Feckin goals scored and Messi only gets the one - he can go Fuk himself, :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Aye, that Messi lad's rubbish at the football. Wouldn't even make the bench at Shamrock Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Don't know why but I fancy Villa to win comfortably today, even gone for them in my Onion Bag selections (http://bit.ly/VNPwVl), hoping to win 2 days on the bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Aston Villa v West Ham
    Andy Carroll anytime 2/1
    Gotta fancy the big man to score here Villa poor from set pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've gone for Carroll to score anytime @ 2/1. Villa are very poor at defending set pieces, corners and crosses in general

• Advertisement

In my head again Headshot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

hefferboi wrote: »
    A special in store in Paddy Power. Van Persie 1st goalscorer and Zebo 1st try @45/1. Worth a euro or 2.
    Had a good win mid-week so put €20 on this, got odds of 40/1 online with pp

• Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

magherakid wrote: »
    In my head again Headshot :P

Stop hacking into my computer

inforfun wrote: »
    Post of fail

4th time i have a big accumulator waiting on the last hurdle. 4th time i pick the wrong option.
    2x i dint lay and lost, 2x i layed and it would have been necessary.
    All the other suggestions on Utrecht are ****ed too.

And to add injury to insult, Malki on the bench for Roda. You can wait for him to come on in the 89th minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

PaddyPower paying out on UTD to win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Stronger utd team than i was expecting
    Rooney wincast 15/8

Man Utd v Everton
    Man Utd Race to 7 Corners 11/10

4th time i have a big accumulator waiting on the last hurdle. 4th time i pick the wrong option.
    2x i dint lay and lost, 2x i layed and it would have been necessary.
    All the other suggestions on Utrecht are ****ed too.

And to add injury to insult, Malki on the bench for Roda. You can wait for him to come on in the 89th minute.

Well... it was the 84th minute. **** that.

Vilhena scored though.

Mr Stack wrote: »
    €300 on 0-0 between Man U and Everton at 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I'm sorry but thats bull****, feel free to prove me wrong with a screenshot though.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

no way u did that and its a terrible bet. utd dont do 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I believe you
    I DON'T BELIEVE YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Good attacking line-up from Utd and I've a feeling there'll be goals in this, maybe 3-1 to Utd, so I'm going Utd -1 at 15/8.

Man United to score in both halves @ 7/5

and also 1st half over 1.5 goals @ 6/4

and a small stake on 1st half over 2.5 goals @ 9/2

I have just stuck €2.50 on 4 - 4 @ 226.00... because of HISTORY.

I have no idea what sensible bet to make though.

Decided on Fellaini Anytime @ 3.75 as a sensible bet... he has scored on the last two H2H

shocksy wrote: »
    Man United to score in both halves @ 7/5

1st half over 1.5 goals @ 6/4

Boom :D just about though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

ft9 wrote: »
    PaddyPower paying out on UTD to win the league.

Is that just online or in the shops as well? Time to collect my winnings.

So my picks

Malki any time 3.5
    Vilhena any time 8
    Zwolle DC 2.1

In a small patent, a really small patent.

Utrecht was a disaster.

But the Patent did ok. If it wasnt for that idiot of a Roda manager bringing on Malki in the 86th minute it would have been stake @7.
    Because of those 4 minutes it was @4
    Sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

magherakid wrote: »
    Man Utd v Everton
    Man Utd Race to 7 Corners 11/10

Making us sweat, eh?

Edit: Nevermind. 'Hon the lads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement