Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.0" Android 4.0.4 A13 1.0GHz Tablet PC (Wi-Fi/Camera/3G/Capacitive Touch/4GB) - ~€40

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dave0301 wrote: »

It is saying that for mine as well. Don't know if I am comfortable with sending them a scanned copy of it.

Anyone have any advice?
    Get yourself 3 v card!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I bought this for my mum with her card but I put my name for delivery . What should I do? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Having the same problems, paid on 19th with Paypal and still showing as unpaid. I'm using Focalprice message system hope to get it sorted.

I got this too.. Had to send on screenshot of the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

It is saying that for mine as well. Don't know if I am comfortable with sending them a scanned copy of it.

Anyone have any advice?

Paypal paypal paypal! - There is no other option in my mind when buying online.

You are covered more if you run into difficulties and can get a full refund through paypal if it all goes pear shaped!

Would i in my ass be sending a scan of my credit card to anyone! - it doesn't matter how secure or respectful you are using a particular website. Anyone sending a full scan of any sort of payment card to someone or some firm no matter if they are in your local town or on the other side of the world really needs their head examined. Your bank would laugh you out of the branch if you ran into trouble and had told them you sent a scan of your credit card!

Cancel your original order and use paypal... as you can use your credit card through paypal to pay.

Common sense people! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Access wrote: »
    Paypal paypal paypal! - There is no other option in my mind when buying online.

You are covered more if you run into difficulties and can get a full refund through paypal if it all goes pear shaped!

Would i in my ass be sending a scan of my credit card to anyone! - it doesn't matter how secure or respectful you are using a particular website. Anyone sending a full scan of any sort of payment card to someone or some firm no matter if they are in your local town or on the other side of the world really needs their head examined. Your bank would laugh you out of the branch if you ran into trouble and had told them you sent a scan of your credit card!

Cancel your original order and use paypal... as you can use your credit card through paypal to pay.

Common sense people! :D

It's not often I buy online hence not using paypal. I wasn't planning on sending that scanned copy anyway. Just thought that maybe someone knew of another way to verify the whole thing.

Thanks for the response though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

astrofluff wrote: »
    I went on to my Focalprice account yesterday to see if the item had been shipped and found the item Unpaid marked in red.

When I goto process the payment [again], Paypal finds its already paid. I messaged Focalprice and they don't have a record of the transaction on their system but asked for a Unique Transaction ID and a screen shot of the payment.

They also had no shipping address on record.

I have since given them the information they asked so waiting on a reply...

Just check your order on the FocalPrice site - that is all!

Yeah I just checked there and mine was 'unpaid' as well.
    I've submitted a message to the help desk and sent them a screenshot of the PayPal transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

It's not often I buy online hence not using paypal. I wasn't planning on sending that scanned copy anyway. Just thought that maybe someone knew of another way to verify the whole thing.

Thanks for the response though!

Just in case your thinking Dave... im not having a go at you at all, just warning people in general, as people see a bargain online and panic to get it before it might sell out or go up in price, but during that common sense goes out the window in regard to buying online and they could possibly, but not always, get ripped off and lose their money. €40 might not seem a lot to many people, but its half a weeks shopping for some folk.

I have been buying online for a long long time now and Paypal is the only way to go in my opinion when you dont know or are wary of an online retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Just in case your thinking Dave... im not having a go at you at all, just warning people in general, as people see a bargain online and panic to get it before it might sell out or go up in price, but during that common sense goes out the window in regard to buying online and they could possibly, but not always, get ripped off and lose their money. €40 might not seem a lot to many people, but its half a weeks shopping for some folk.

I have been buying online for a long long time now and Paypal is the only way to go in my opinion when you dont know or are wary of an online retailer.

Also, if using Paypal, never ever ever ever ever do business with a Paypal account that isn't paypal verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Oh no offence taken at all! :D

Like I said; wouldn't shop online much accept amazon. Have had paypal before but never thought that I would be asked to send a scanned copy or some such. Lesson learnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Its seems that focalprice system has serious problems in receiving or processing Paypal transactions from Ireland and who know perhaps other european countries.

You would imagine by now they would be well aware of this and got it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Its seems that focalprice system has serious problems in receiving or processing Paypal transactions from Ireland and who know perhaps other european countries.

My paypal payment went through no problem, so it might be something else.
    BTW, I've contacted them before they shipped the item about EU/Irish charger and got this weird email:
    "
    Dear Customer,

Thanks for your reply. We are sorry for the confusion.

Since your order xXxxxxxxxxx was shipped before I processed your message, I was unable to provide UK/Euro charger. In addition, there is no UK/Euro charger for this item and we suggest you could use an adaptor. Please allow some time for your order to be delivered.

If there is any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
    Jennifer
    "

Now, we should all probably find out if we need to buy a charger for it (USB maybe) so that we can actually start using it when it arrives.
    Guys/Gals, let the Google/ebay begin, please post here if you find one (and/or rubber case for it has asked above)

EDIT:
    Someone is already saying that charging via usb is possible on it:
    http://forums.focalprice.com/showtopic-51882.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The old mans birthday is in 2 weeks and he could do with a bit of technology in his life, so just went ahead and got it. PayPal went through no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Fizman wrote: »
    The old mans birthday is in 2 weeks and he could do with a bit of technology in his life, so just went ahead and got it. PayPal went through no problem.

No hope you will have that in 2 weeks bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

nope, ordered on few occasions never had problems paying by PP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

gustafo wrote: »
    No hope you will have that in 2 weeks bud.

Ah, he'll get over it! :)

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    nope, ordered on few occasions never had problems paying by PP

No problem paying just focalprice have the problem knowing we have paid, whatever the reason for that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

No problem paying just focalprice have the problem knowing we have paid, whatever the reason for that is.

yep i'm having the same problem, i contacted them and they have no record of my payment so they want a screenshot and delivery address,

The follow up to sending them a screenshot of the transaction :
    They asked for my Delivery address (Paypal did provide this).

I provided it- then they asked for my Post Code
    Which I told them we dont use - Just use County Laois.

Now still awaiting this, it seems they are doing everything they can to try and cancel this order - maybe because of the coupon code and its such a low price?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

I'm not at all feeling comfortable with buying stuff from them now, it doesn't matter whether they are selling it for E 40 or 50, I don't want to be chasing them after paying money to send the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

But if you take a look back you'll see that several people have had the unit dispatched within a few days. If you use Paypal then you won't have issues.

• Advertisement

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    The follow up to sending them a screenshot of the transaction :
    They asked for my Delivery address (Paypal did provide this).

I provided it- then they asked for my Post Code
    Which I told them we dont use - Just use County Laois.

Now still awaiting this, it seems they are doing everything they can to try and cancel this order - maybe because of the coupon code and its such a low price?

Just gave them my shipping address, even though as you say it was on my PP screenshot, sometimes shipping address can be different, just checked account now and its status is: PAID & UNPACKED

then a note: The tracking number will be sent to you shortly

Hopefully that's it. phew!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just gave them my shipping address, even though as you say it was on my screenshot, sometimes shipping address can be different, just checked account now and its status is: PAID & UNPACKED

then a note: The tracking number will be sent to you shortly

Hopefully that's it. phew!!!
    +1 - Paid and Unpacked.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

i bought the 1.2ghz tablet for 40 euro and used paypal. already marked as shipped

astrofluff wrote: »
    +1 - Paid and Unpacked.

+1 Paid and unpacked too thankfully.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    But if you take a look back you'll see that several people have had the unit dispatched within a few days. If you use Paypal then you won't have issues.

By the way I used Paypal.. And had a different rake of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I wouldn't touch this FocalPrice with a pole after my recent experience with a tablet. Within 6 weeks of getting one, it wouldn't charge - it seemed to be a fault in the charger. Needless to say the tablet could not be charger via the USB port.

They insisted on returning both the tablet and charger to them - which was done by registered post last October. Despite repeated requests from me, they continually come back that their warehouse haven't received it, despite the record of the delivery being on the An post website. I have started a recovery of costs from my credit card company, but this will not recover the duty & VAT I paid nor the return postage.

Buyer beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    By the way I used Paypal.. And had a different rake of issues.

I meant issues as in issues of getting stuck with them taking the payment, not sending you an item and you're left out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

I order 2 on different days via paypal and both have been dispatched already, one is for our house and I'm giving the other to my brother for his 50th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

bought on paypal yesterday-the order is showing unpaid on focalprice

what's the story with them?

doyou have to wait before contacting them about the order?

won't be bothering with them again if thats the crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I paid by cc and it's paid and unpacked no problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement