Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.0" Android 4.0.4 A13 1.0GHz Tablet PC (Wi-Fi/Camera/3G/Capacitive Touch/4GB) - ~€40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

deegs wrote: »
    Damn.... I figured it out...
    When you register with the site you get 6.80 euro off so Basq's tablet was coming up at 48...
    This was coming up as the cheapest, it is black with a better cpu and I bought it for 43.
    http://www.focalprice.com/CE0292B/7_Android_404_A13_12GHz_Tablet_PC_with_External_3G_1080P_Playback.html?Currency=EUR#.UP1m5PKcYsI
    Then as a test I tried basq's tablet again and this time it let me apply the code and it came up as 40.50.
    Damn

picked this up as well. price came in at 41. will do the mrs perfectly for ebooks and magazines. Which means ill get my TouchPad back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

astrofluff wrote: »
    I went on to my Focalprice account yesterday to see if the item had been shipped and found the item Unpaid marked in red.

When I goto process the payment [again], Paypal finds its already paid. I messaged Focalprice and they don't have a record of the transaction on their system but asked for a Unique Transaction ID and a screen shot of the payment.

They also had no shipping address on record.

I have since given them the information they asked so waiting on a reply...

Just check your order on the FocalPrice site - that is all!

Having the same problems, paid on 19th with Paypal and still showing as unpaid. I'm using Focalprice message system hope to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Ordered sunday got email yesterday saying shipped :) but will take upto 45 days,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

This website could be similar to simplyelectronics.net, I'm a bit iffy about buying from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

imtdub wrote: »
    This website could be similar to simplyelectronics.net, I'm a bit iffy about buying from them.
    I've never had a complaint about them except for long shipping times, but what more could you expect at their prices!

Incidentally mine came through on the credit card (Paypal) at € 39.02! :D

I'm still a little unclear on charging - do we think it can be charged via USB or Micro-USB? Are they shipping with UK or EU plug or something random like a US plug?

Got shipping notice yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ordered sunday got email yesterday saying shipped :) but will take upto 45 days,lol

Read it again, that 45 days estimate was to cover the Christmas and New Year delays on this side. Should be delivered in 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

just got this.

We would like to confirm that this order was placed by your own credit card. For verification purposes, please confirm the following by replying to this email:
    1. You are the legal card holder of the credit card.
    2. The shipping address is correct.
    3. The credit card is within the period of validity.
    4. You accept the terms of use of FocalPrice.
    See link: http://www.focalprice.com/helpinfo?currentCategoryID=12
    5. You accept order process time, delivery time, returns and RMA rules of FocalPrice.
    See link: http://www.focalprice.com/help
    In order to proceed with the order, please also ensure that you provide the following:
    6. Scanned copy of the front and back of your credit card

A Scanned copy of the front and back of your credit card.... really....

Just do it through Paypal, much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

picked this up as well. price came in at 41. will do the mrs perfectly for ebooks and magazines. Which means ill get my TouchPad back :D

I ended up getting both... white for missus and black for me. Kids have my old tablet... and its been smashed a few times !

Did both of mine yesterday and both payments were fine through paypal, showing shipped also.

Read it again, that 45 days estimate was to cover the Christmas and New Year delays on this side. Should be delivered in 3-4 weeks.

cheers

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    I've never had a complaint about them except for long shipping times, but what more could you expect at their prices!

I'm still a little unclear on charging - do we think it can be charged via USB or Micro-USB? Are they shipping with UK or EU plug or something random like a US plug?

picture shows 2 pin plug but flat pins is this us type?

g0g wrote: »

Even I won't mind a bit longer time, If I can get the stuff in one piece and at promised date. I don't want to be chasing them every day.

where do i go to pay tax and handling fee should it get stopped will it be local post office?

where do i go to pay tax and handling fee should it get stopped will it be local post office?

They come to you, they'll leave a note if you're not at home.

They come to you, they'll leave a note if you're not at home.

Grand so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Mine was shipped today. The tracking thing on the site doesn't appear to work. Anybody know where I can track this?

missjm wrote: »
    Mine was shipped today. The tracking thing on the site doesn't appear to work. Anybody know where I can track this?

"If the shipping method of your order is registered airmail, tracking information will be updated online within 7-12 days since the order is shipped. "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

missjm wrote: »

http://intmail.183.com.cn/itemstatus_en.jsp The link it gives from the account page doesn't work but as above it'll be a while before it shows

You'll get a letter from Irish customs to inform you, the postman collects the duty and handling fee E 6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I just checked my order, it showing as unpaid even though paypal is confirming it was paid for yesterday...I've just sent them a message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

picture shows 2 pin plug but flat pins is this us type?
    Yep I'm pretty sure! Assuming the flat pins are parallel.

would anyone help me find a tabet over 10 inches 1080p screen for watching 1080p tv and mirco usb slot please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

would anyone help me find a tabet over 10 inches 1080p screen for watching 1080p tv and mirco usb slot please

http://hongkongeek.com/google-android-tablets/1740-101-ainol-novo10-hero-cortex-a9-dual-core-15ghz-android-41-1gb-ddr3-bluetooth-16gb.html

Think that might do.

I have the above. Great tablet. Can be gotten for cheaper elsewhere if you want to risk customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Bought €39.54. Thanks OP, now just to settle in for a long long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

I see this one: http://www.focalprice.com/CE0182X/ICOO_D70PROII_7_Android_411_Dual_Core_RK3066_16GHz_Tablet_PC_with.html#.UP6uPfLLLa4
    is $85
    which is about €20 more expensive but compared to the OP's one, it has:
    1. dual core processor instead of single core
    2. 1024x600 display instead of 800x480
    3. 1 GB ram instead of 512GB
    4. 8GB HD instead of 4gb
    5. 3000mAh battery instead of 2000mAh
    6. HDMI output
    7. Supports FLV and MKV video playing

I see this one: http://www.focalprice.com/CE0182X/ICOO_D70PROII_7_Android_411_Dual_Core_RK3066_16GHz_Tablet_PC_with.html#.UP6uPfLLLa4
    is $85
    4. 8GB HD instead of 4gb
    6. HDMI output
    Yep I liked that one, for extra 20 quid you'll get more speed, more Juice and processing power.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Guill wrote: »
    Bought €39.54. Thanks OP, now just to settle in for a long long wait.

Picked one up for €40.72 .... lets see how long it takes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

is $85
    4. 8GB HD instead of 4gb
    6. HDMI output

I googled that one when I saw it and there is a thread on slatedroid about it and a number of people were saying that it drained the battery extremely quickly. (around 90mins IIRC) I think someone opened theirs up and the battery was only 2500mAh rather than 3000.

I'd suggest doing some more research yourself before purchasing.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    just got this.

We would like to confirm that this order was placed by your own credit card. For verification purposes, please confirm the following by replying to this email:
    1. You are the legal card holder of the credit card.
    2. The shipping address is correct.
    3. The credit card is within the period of validity.
    4. You accept the terms of use of FocalPrice.
    See link: http://www.focalprice.com/helpinfo?currentCategoryID=12
    5. You accept order process time, delivery time, returns and RMA rules of FocalPrice.
    See link: http://www.focalprice.com/help
    In order to proceed with the order, please also ensure that you provide the following:
    6. Scanned copy of the front and back of your credit card

A Scanned copy of the front and back of your credit card.... really....

It is saying that for mine as well. Don't know if I am comfortable with sending them a scanned copy of it.

Anyone have any advice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement