Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.0" Android 4.0.4 A13 1.0GHz Tablet PC (Wi-Fi/Camera/3G/Capacitive Touch/4GB) - ~€40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

loopymum wrote: »
    Thanks, that's a shame though. I have plenty mini USB chargers. Is the USB just for otg

Yep, and you would probably be as well replacing the charger that comes with it with one bought locally, just make sure the voltage and polarity is set correctly, and that the one you buy is at least as powerful as the one that comes with it.

higster wrote: »
    Sigh...resistance is futile.

Yes it is. Don't worry, it's a capactive screen.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

What the heck, only €40 , thanking you .........

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

Can i just add that i bought one of these before xmas and did get caught for customs.

I ended up paying €11 duty plus €6 an post collection fee.

Even so, a great tablet for kids or holidays even at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

also any idea what you would describe the charger as, on ebay?

looking for a charger for use in the car, and a spare mains one.

The pin is very thin but long.i have not seen one before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

only €40 , thanking you

Plus VAT and the €6 An Post charge makes it about €57 :(.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Who are the ems shipping option?
    Just wondering how much handling charges I might get hit for?....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Bought one of these despite owning a Nexus 7. I just couldn't say no at €40...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

does anyone know if you can tether this to a iPhone ? I prefer using USB but of course can use Bluetooth or wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

How decent would it be?

• Advertisement

does anyone know if you can tether this to a iPhone ? I prefer using USB but of course can use Bluetooth or wifi.

Yes with wifi anyway

:cool: bought one ! came to €39.94 paying by O2 card and registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Newbie re tablets!
    What does 'supports external 3G' mean? I presume I can't just put in my SIM Card from my phone??
    I know about bouncing off phone etc. (theadering?) but I use 3 for my internet all the time and I don't want to upset the Apple-Cart as they don't allow it officially.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

bought few seconds ago

code still working ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'm impressed now if the battery is able knock out at least 3hrs ill be very impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I'm impressed now if the battery is able knock out at least 3hrs ill be very impressed

No chance... reviews on focial prices site show 1 - 2 hrs tops... im not holding out much hope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I read a few reviews and at that price it's hard to go wrong. I should be able to use it for work as well so that's great! Now lets hope it doesn't take an age to get here..

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Am tempted to buy one of these as a birthday present for a 6 year old.
    How are you guys planning on charging it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

shovel wrote: »
    also any idea what you would describe the charger as, on ebay?

looking for a charger for use in the car, and a spare mains one.

The pin is very thin but long.i have not seen one before

According to this post by Allyall it's called an LA-520 but it would be advisable to check that the voltage and polarity are correct before plugging it in.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

dos30 wrote: »
    Am tempted to buy one of these as a birthday present for a 6 year old.
    How are you guys planning on charging it?

I will use my supernatural abilities and charge by small foot finger ;)

or maybe by the charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

He mentions this can be charged by computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

He mentions this can be charged by computer?

And the specs say it can be charged via usb as well....I'll wait til I get mine and check that, it would be way handier!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Mine was shipped today, tracking number available on the website. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

TMC99 wrote: »
    Anyone else have a problem with paypal payment - order showing as unapid on focalprice but showing paid in Paypal 24hrs ago - have dropped Focalprice an email, waiting on a response

just wondering-any update with this?
    i bought one on 13/1 and forgot all about it, but when i logged on today i was also "unpaid" in red. have also dropped them an email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

nava wrote: »
    Mine was shipped today, tracking number available on the website. :)

Did you click on "Track" link beside the tracking number ? The delivery address that appears there is not mine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did you click on "Track" link beside the tracking number ? The delivery address that appears there is not mine.

Mine is correct my name and address, is yours even someone in Ireland? is that address listed in your Paypal addresses as shipping address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yip, some little **** in Cork :D Nope, I've only my residential and business address in Paypal. I even just checked to see if they had made a mistake their end. When I view the order details page it has the correct shipping address, but when I click the tracking number it brings someone elses address up. Could be a simple mix up and that that person in Cork sees my address.

Anyone here from West Dunmanway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Sometimes they re-use tracking number, is there any date shown? It happened to me once before, but the item did arrive at my address and not the one listed on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

damian139 wrote: »
    just wondering-any update with this?
    i bought one on 13/1 and forgot all about it, but when i logged on today i was also "unpaid" in red. have also dropped them an email
    They came back today (on the website as opposed to email) and said they had found the payment, apologised and asked me for the shipping address - although it had been given in the paypal payment - I gave them that again and its now showing 'Paid&Unpacked' - so presume it will move OK now. From their website any orders unpaid after 7 days will be cancelled so looks like you caught it just in time !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement