Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.0" Android 4.0.4 A13 1.0GHz Tablet PC (Wi-Fi/Camera/3G/Capacitive Touch/4GB) - ~€40

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I was thinking it may also be something like that, a generic number for a batch and they're just using the details of the first item in the batch, however it has todays date and the time is from 11:41.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I was thinking it may also be something like that, a generic number for a batch and they're just using the details of the first item in the batch, however it has todays date and the time is from 11:41.

Based on my experience, it looks like they are not getting the delivery addresses from paypal - my delivery address in Paypal is fine but they had no record of it in Focalprice and asked me for it again - so I guess they are manually filling them in
    and its possible they cross label them - you never know, your address might be on a better order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I've been fighting the urge to buy one of these for a few days now but keep getting drawn back here.
    I've registered on the site and everything just can't bring myself to click the last button.
    I know I don't need one of these but I'm pretty sure I want one.
    Damn you Basq...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

code wont work, says it wont work with sale items... its currently on sale for 43Euro... not sure I wanna pay 2 quid more than ye feckers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Bought this today for around 38e using the code. Thanks a million Basq.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    Bought this today for around 38e using the code. Thanks a million Basq.:D

How did you get it for 38? I paid 40.52

missjm wrote: »
    How did you get it for 38? I paid 40.52

You're probably letting Paypal do the currency conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any ideas as to how long it takes for delivery?

~45 days

You're probably letting Paypal do the currency conversion.

No, had already chosen Euro on their site.
    Perhaps the discount is variable depending on the time/day etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

~45 days
    :eek:

Seriously?

Yes. Probably because Chinese New Year is coming up so they are expecting a large demand before they take time off. It usually takes ~30 days otherwise. Or you can pay for express delivery and get it in 1-2 weeks, but then it's not longer a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

I don't know why I bought this.
    I don't need it but I bought it anyway.

Damned BA!
    ;)

You should have chosen dollars on the site. Anyway, it's only a euro or 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

how do you change this on paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Damn.... I figured it out...
    When you register with the site you get 6.80 euro off so Basq's tablet was coming up at 48...
    This was coming up as the cheapest, it is black with a better cpu and I bought it for 43.
    http://www.focalprice.com/CE0292B/7_Android_404_A13_12GHz_Tablet_PC_with_External_3G_1080P_Playback.html?Currency=EUR#.UP1m5PKcYsI
    Then as a test I tried basq's tablet again and this time it let me apply the code and it came up as 40.50.
    Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

"Congratulations your order has been shipped"

Cant wait, I will make room amongst the dust between the Nexus and the Raspberry Pi

Someday I'm gonna do somethin with this stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Purchased it from them in dollars, and in Paypal with dollars. Came up as circa 38 on the credit card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

And the specs say it can be charged via usb as well....I'll wait til I get mine and check that, it would be way handier!

this gets better and better!

Ah balls, ah well as you say only a few euro and had 15 euro sitting in my paypal account i'd forgotten about so altogether an excellent deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anyway, it's only a euro or 2!

True but not for Paypal.
    A Euro or 2 x the millions that use the site every day/week/month = loadsamoney for the company ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just bought that one, thanks for the link

deegs wrote: »
    This was coming up as the cheapest, it is black with a better cpu and I bought it for 43.
    http://www.focalprice.com/CE0292B/7_Android_404_A13_12GHz_Tablet_PC_with_External_3G_1080P_Playback.html?Currency=EUR#.UP1m5PKcYsI

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Update on my predicament, after a bit of cutting and pasting tomfoolery I managed to find a shipped tablet to my address so there's just an issue with an incorrect link somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

deegs wrote: »
    Damn.... I figured it out...
    When you register with the site you get 6.80 euro off so Basq's tablet was coming up at 48...
    Then as a test I tried basq's tablet again and this time it let me apply the code and it came up as 40.50.
    Damn
    It also seems to have a much better Battery life as it's 3000mAh as opposed to the OP's 2000mAh (which I already bought).
    :( me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Ah come on lads... dont let this go the same way of the €55 tablet thread... that went way off on many, many different tangents with lads trying to out do each other on specs and battery life and asking about different tablets which had nothing to do with the OPs original post on there! :D

Keep it simple here... focus on the OPs original post on this tablets only. The tablet forum is over in computers and tech if lads and lassies want to know about other tablets out there.

I cant wait to receive this bit of kit and keep coming back to this thread here to find out what others have done with their €40 tablet, what they have flashed to theirs and pro and cons of this tablet as we get to use it day to day etc.

Looking forward to it now... it was shipped to me today so might see it in March! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

I paid with my O2 card as although it's registered to my paypal I've forgotten the login details and had the money ready (impulse buy !) the sent me a messgae asking for a scan of the front and back of the card. So I sent it with a screen grab of the recent transactions on the O2 money iPhone app. So hopefully that will be ok. As i see the Chinese New year might delay things I'll just have to wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

I've picked one up as well - yey! It's going to a 3 year old for youtube browsing -Can anyone suggest a rubber skin along with a screen protector? Searching on ebay but struggling to get something that fits with the 180mm X 120mm X 4mm - Help please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I got a refund from paypal today with no reason why :( Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Estimated date of arrival: 2/9/2013 10:13:37 AM :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I went on to my Focalprice account yesterday to see if the item had been shipped and found the item Unpaid marked in red.

When I goto process the payment [again], Paypal finds its already paid. I messaged Focalprice and they don't have a record of the transaction on their system but asked for a Unique Transaction ID and a screen shot of the payment.

They also had no shipping address on record.

I have since given them the information they asked so waiting on a reply...

Just check your order on the FocalPrice site - that is all!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement