Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC: Munster vs Racing Métro 92, Sun 20 Jan 12:45pm [MOD WARNING POST 645]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Munster win without BP
    Call a spade a spade, if we can't put 4 tries past what is essentially a depleted opposition who have one eye on a domestic match next week at home when it counts we have no business being in the quarter finals.

Hopefully they'll deliver though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Munster win without BP
    Paddy Power have shifted Leinster out to 25/1 to win the H Cup. They fully expect us to win with the bonus.

Could be a decent bet at that price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

Well it's in our hands now, win with a BP and we're through (I think). We'll be level on points with Leinster but ahead on try difference. A shame the Montpellier won today but once that result came through then there was a possibility of only one more Irish province going through.

Hope we build up an ealry head of steama and get close to the BP early or I'll be carried out of Thomond Park, my heart wont take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What's the forecast looking like?

Munster win without BP
    phog wrote: »
    Well it's in our hands now, win with a BP and we're through (I think). We'll be level on points with Leinster but ahead on try difference. A shame the Montpellier won today but once that result came through then there was a possibility of only one more Irish province going through.

Hope we build up an ealry head of steama and get close to the BP early or I'll be carried out of Thomond Park, my heart wont take it.

Likewise, get to the ground early and plenty of support. Shame kick off is so early, always good to get the few pints in.

• Advertisement

Munster win without BP
    .ak wrote: »

A very cold day, about 2-3 degrees, possibly showery.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Hopefully it buckets down... Could do with Biarritzesque conditions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

We can still root for Racing though right?

only if you are French :D

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Limerick/

clear for the match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Any Leinster fans know anything about cloud seeding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mano14

The best hope for Leinster, is the Metro 2nd's going all out to impress individually tomorrow against Munster. But at any level (from H Cup to AIL) that individual stuff rarely works, and leads to mistakes.

Munster will miss ROG's contribution tomorrow, tapping it over their heads into the corner is a great way to get near the try line (not to speak the obvious).

Leinster did what was aksed of them over the two weekends. If Munster can respond now to what's asked of them, it's in their hands and good luck to them. If they fail they'll be directly sending Leinster into the quarters. But at least its in Munster's hands.

And then all of us on with our green jerseys after tomorrow !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Racing Métro win
    Any Leinster fans know anything about cloud seeding?

Or how to turn on the sprinklers at Thomond Park? Running all night should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster win without BP

shure jaysus wudn't de fukin munster passun be enough anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Racing Métro win
    Needless to say, all of Leinster will be cheering on Metro tomorrow, as it directly effects our own teams prospects. I don't necessarily want Munster to lose, just don't want them to get the BP. I'd be delighted for Munster of they hockied Racing, just as long as they don't score more than 3 tries in the process ;)

I can't see how Munster can't do it, Racing have handed them the spot even by the team they're sending over. It's really really disapointing the difference in attitudes between Exeter and Racing towards two teams in the same position, but that's the way it goes I suppose.

In terms of who goes through, I think Leinster would have a much better chance at winning the thing than Munster would. Can't see Munster going beyond the quarters if they do go through. Amlin could be a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

shure jaysus wudn't de fukin munster passun be enough anyway?
    never mind paassssssssunnnn. we'll win with pride and honesty...
    tbh im ragin im not going into the game.
    I cant see how we will not get enough to qualify considering the team that Racing have sent to face us

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Needless to say, all of Leinster will be cheering on Metro tomorrow, as it directly effects our own teams prospects. I don't necessarily want Munster to lose, just don't want them to get the BP. I'd be delighted for Munster of they hockied Racing, just as long as they don't score more than 3 tries in the process ;)

I can't see how Munster can't do it, Racing have handed them the spot even by the team they're sending over. It's really really disapointing the difference in attitudes between Exeter and Racing towards two teams in the same position, but that's the way it goes I suppose.

In terms of who goes through, I think Leinster would have a much better chance at winning the thing than Munster would. Can't see Munster going beyond the quarters if they do go through. Amlin could be a different story.

Leinster should have scored more trys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Dare I suggest it but is ROG being unavailable better for Munster for this one?

This season they seem to play a more expansive game with Keatley at 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

.ak wrote: »
    A downpour of trys. Booyaa! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Munster win without BP
    No excuses tomorrow, our last 2 performances wouldn't inspire any confidence but they weren't in Thomond Park. It's business time and there is no better place than TP.

Regardless of the team sent over by RM , I believe we have the quality to get the TBP anyway and let's hope we see something like the performance against Northampton at the same stage last season.

Bedtime, early start in the morning, plan on being pretty hoarse by 3pm!

Mon Munster!

Munster win without BP
    CoDy1 wrote: »
    No excuses tomorrow, our last 2 performances wouldn't inspire any confidence but they weren't in Thomomd Park. It's business time and there is no better place than TP.

Regardless of the team sent over by RM , I believe we have the quality to get the TBP and let's hope we see something like the performance against Northampton at the same stage last season.

Bedtime, early start in the morning, plan on being pretty hoarse by 3pm!

Mon Munster!

Absolutely. Let's give Irish rugby the boost. Common the Munster :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

P_1 wrote: »
    Dare I suggest it but is ROG being unavailable better for Munster for this one?

This season they seem to play a more expansive game with Keatley at 10.

I was nearly doing a jig when I heard he was cited.

I'm hoping that since his contract for Ireland essentially runs out after the 6N, Penney is given a free reign to choose who he wants.

(I don't doubt RoG was the most important player over the past years for Munster, more than PoC and Axel but he's hampering us atm. There are those who refuse to admit it but Keatley is the future. At least the immediate future and am hoping Keatley steps up tomorrow.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

Frosty, dry and sunny in Limerick at the moment, hopefully, it stays like that for the game.

I'm nervous but excited, really hope we manage to get the 4 tries toady and get into the quarters, by then hopefully, we'll POC back and can add another player to the sqaud.

G'wan Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Racing Métro win
    phog wrote: »
    can add another player to the sqaud.

Stander being the obvious choice imo.

Hope to feck we do it. Hon Munster..

PS hate lunch time games. Can barely eat my breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Munster win without BP
    Munster jersey- check. Ticket- check. Flask full of Hot Jameson- Check. Breakfast roll eaten now off to Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Munster win without BP
    I'm stuck in Cork wish I could be there, the team owe all uf us who were in Musser my eyes still hurt:D but today WILL BE DIFFERENT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

efb wrote: »
    Munster jersey- check. Ticket- check. Flask full of Hot Jameson- Check. Breakfast roll eaten now off to Thomond.
    Don't think it'll be too hot by the time you get to the game. Empty, perhaps!

Enjoy it. But not too much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Munster win without BP
    Well flasks are good at keeping hot things hot- but not full!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Racing Métro win
    duckysauce wrote: »
    Leinster should have scored more trys :D

What we all need is for Embra to beat Sarries. Then we could get three Irish teams into the quarters. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Racing Métro win
    If Edinburgh beat Sarries, and we end up topping the group, Leinster and Munster will go through...

However, Munster would then face a clash with Toulon/Toulouse away in all probability.

Féck that, Quins please. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭budhabob

Munster win without BP
    I've had to change my flights due to the weather in the UK so I'm gonna miss this. I'll be relying on the good folks on here to keep me up to date..... So don't skimp on the detail ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement