Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC: Munster vs Racing Métro 92, Sun 20 Jan 12:45pm [MOD WARNING POST 645]

Options
  • 18-01-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

BA5wtzACIAErHpj.jpg:large

Munster:
    15 Felix Jones, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Keith Earls, 12 James Downey, 11 Simon Zebo, 10 Ian Keatley, 9 Conor Murray,
    8 James Coughlan, 7 Tommy O'Donnell, 6 Peter O'Mahony, 5 Donnacha Ryan, 4 Donncha O'Callaghan, 3 BJ Botha, 2 Mike Sherry , 1 Dave Kilcoyne.

Replacements: 16 Damien Varley, 17 Wian du Preez, 18 John Ryan, 19 Billy Holland, 20 Paddy Butler, 21 Duncan Williams, 22 JJ Hanrahan, 23 Casey Laulala,

Racing Metro:
    15 Gaetan Germain, 14 Julien Jane, 13 Guillaume Bousses, 12 Alexandre Dumoulin, 11 Sereli Bobo, 10 Olly Barkley, 9 Mathieu Belie,
    8 Jacques Cronje, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Antoine Batut, 5 Fabrice Metz, 4 Karim Ghezal, 3 Benjamin Sa, 2 Benjamin Noirot, 1 Julien Brugnaut.

Replacements: 16 Thomas Bianchin, 17 Andrea Lo Cicero, 18 Juan Pablo Orlandi, 19 Jone Qovu Nailiko, 20 Benjamin Fall, 21 Santiago Dellape, 22 Sebastien Descons, 23 Masi Matadigo,

Only five Racing players in this starting lineup started the reserve fixture in Paris: Ghezal, Battut, Cronje, Barkley and Jane. It looks very much like a second team. Former Munster prop Julien Brugnaut starts at loosehead.

No change for Munster except for Keatley in for O'Gara, with Hanrahan providing cover on the bench. This represents an opportunity for Keatley to earn his spot in the first team.

A lot will depend on Racing's motivation here, a lot of these players have got a chance to stake a claim for more appearances into the season. However they may lose interest should Munster build an early lead.

Prediction: Munster BP win.

Prediction? 156 votes

Munster win with BP
    0%
    Munster win without BP
    64%
    Neil3030DempseyLudoCool_CMtommycahirefbmayordenisrokcaffreysiodaPhoneheadEnrightjamiehArciphelcastieKELTICKNIGHTTdowlinjDave_The_SheepDrummerboy2JOHN_70 100 votes
    Racing Métro win
    32%
    SkySterdougalBig Nellymoby2101ROVER[Jackass]syboitmelekalikimakarebevebealbochttolosencvkidfrankie2shoeschris85eyeball kidsmcgiffyosser hughesomerinarodabombCIARAN_BOYLE 50 votes
    Matt Williams
    3%
    RandolphEsqSeanbassjoshroganTheGoldenAgesweatherbyfoxerbackamesack 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

We cannot afford to be anything but direct in this game. From the start, we need to be gunning for the bonus point. None of the 'taking the kicking' option like we did against Edinburgh.

If we do get one or two early tries, Racing may check out, making the task easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Munster win without BP
    Is this definately a red button game on sky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Racing Métro win
    SomeFool wrote: »

Oh gosh never thought of that-Saracens Edinburgh on at the same time?..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Racing Métro win
    Racing have no interest in this game what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Racing Métro win
    Quint2010 wrote: »
    Oh gosh never thought of that-Saracens Edinburgh on at the same time?..:eek:

You know how Sky like to wet themselves over Sarries...

Don't see Munster getting 4 tries. A relatively full strength side just about failed to do so against the worst team in the tournament, and Munster haven't looked like coming close since. 3 try agony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Olly and Bobo are the only players I really recognise on that backline.... Munster should walk this, if they iron out the mistakes from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Racing have no interest in this game what so ever.

Makes a mockery of he competition.

I think qualification for the HC should depend on your performance the previous year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

If the ERC see fit, they can take action. They fined Montpellier a few years back for fielding a reserve side in the Amlin Cup. However, it's their team and they can do as they wish, in my opinion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Racing Métro win
    GerM wrote: »
    If the ERC see fit, they can take action. They fined Montpellier a few years back for fielding a reserve side in the Amlin Cup. However, it's their team and they can do as they wish, in my opinion.

I don't think it was for fielding a reserve side but rather leaving their big names out of the squad.

Not sure though.

Yeah, they should just award Munster the win... 4 points!

.... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What would happen if Racing refused to field a team or had to forfeit for some reason?

In terms of match points and tries scored etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Racing Métro win
    What would happen if Racing refused to field a team or had to forfeit for some reason?

In terms of match points and tries scored etc.

Probably Munster would get 4 points but that is a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭budhabob

Munster win without BP
    SomeFool wrote: »

Ah feck, upc don't allow red button do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Probably Munster would get 4 points but that is a guess.

I can picture [Jackass] hastily purchasing a sniper rifle as we speak.

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Munster win without BP
    budhabob wrote: »
    Nope, red button is for Sky customers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Otacon wrote: »
    I can picture [Jackass] hastily purchasing a sniper rifle as we speak.

Are we sure those Horse burgers were safe to eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Munster win without BP

nope and its definitely on sky red button too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭budhabob

Munster win without BP
    Iang87 wrote: »
    nope and its definitely on sky red button too

Well that's a kick in the teeth....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Munster win without BP

Well that's a kick in the teeth....

Yep
    Fecking upc
    Sky website says it's the live game but after the wasps game last night it said red button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Munster win without BP
    So Munster -19 with the bookies, in or around the figure I had in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster win without BP
    The Munster site says Jones and Sherry's involvement is subject to getting through a training session today.

liammur wrote: »
    So Munster -19 with the bookies, in or around the figure I had in mind.

Munster are 1/50 on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Munster win without BP
    GerM wrote: »

It makes no difference. They could send over their best players and tell them 'not to pick up injuries'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Racing :mad: Looks like it's all in the Montpellier game for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Racing Métro win
    Munster need to be very careful how they approach this game. No room for complacency. The pressure is off Racing and they may actually come out to play some rugby and put some points on the board. Alot of their approach of course depends on other results but complacency could be their biggest enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Munster win without BP
    ffs, not on telly?

Fishooks13 wrote: »
    ffs, not on telly?

It is, you just have to have Sky to watch it. It'll be a trip to the local for me, only have UPC.

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Munster win without BP
    Sure it gives you an excuse to go to the pub...

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Munster need to be very careful how they approach this game. No room for complacency. The pressure is off Racing and they may actually come out to play some rugby and put some points on the board. Alot of their approach of course depends on other results but complacency could be their biggest enemy.

If Munster loose this game it will go down as one of the worst games in history. Racing are throwing it. I can't remember the last time I saw a team 1/ 50 on. My prediction is Munster to have two tries in the first 55 mins and then floodgates will open. Must to get 6 / 7 tries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

If Munster loose this game it will go down as one of the worst games in history. Racing are throwing it. I can't remember the last time I saw a team 1/ 50 on. My prediction is Munster to have two tries in the first 55 mins and then floodgates will open. Must to get 6 / 7 tries.

Happens weekly in the Top14.

Just ask Clareman about the time Scarlets were 1/200 to beat Zebre a few weeks back ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement