Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC: Munster vs Racing Métro 92, Sun 20 Jan 12:45pm [MOD WARNING POST 645]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster win without BP
    would agree this years group stages have provided way too many one sided games-sale,edinburgh,zebre,cardiff even really the scarlets have been dreadful.Just a one off this year or a sign of a worrying gap between those teams with money and good squads and those without?

RE teams-sorry i dont think its rubbish talk-if there are 2 teams both with chance of qualifying but one of them is up against a team who have rested many players as they already out-surely you can see why some would be hacked off and that it puts a rather major dent in the spirit of the comp? racing metro have made munsters job much easier while exeter are virtually full strength-how can that be fair?

tough shít

In another season another province will be effected the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I haven't reffed that much this season, but anytime I was reffing and if I was training twice a week I'd expect the lads I am reffing to be training twice a week. Otherwise I'd feel they were not putting the same effort in.

Similarly, I wouldn't expect to be doing a game at a standard that other refs were doing and training 4 / 5 nights a week to be doing. That would not be fair.

So, here's my point it seems ridiculous to have a game or a "match" as it is called where teams are not putting the same effort into winning.

The solution would be that the top 12 / 16 teams, whatever in the Heineken qualify for next season. There's the stick / carrot for the games.

Now, you might ask but teams rotate for the Rabo. Absolutely they do. But all teams are putting the same effort into the Rabo over the course of a season. It is known that a lot of French teams do not put effort into away games.

Then the French turn around to us and ask us for less teams - it's a bit ridiculous while they keep their 6 French teams!

If anything it should be only 4 French teams as that is what you will get at most from France who'll put an effort into all 6 games.

Remember we're not talking resting one or two players we're talking about fielding a second team. You don't even get that a J2 in Leinster. Teams would never field a J4 team for a J2 match. You also probably notice that if something like this happens at local level the branch quite rightly take action and go to great efforts to ensure that things are as close to possible to a level playing field.

So if an amatuer organisation can get it right, it is disgraceful that a professional one can't.

Munster win without BP
    All down to Munster now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Munster win without BP
    Well we know what we have to do now. A bonus point win and are we're in.

Hopefully if we get penalties we won't waste 3 minutes kicking 3 pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Munster win without BP
    Well lads. 4 tries and a win against a poor Racing side and we've an away quarter to Quins avoiding an away trip to France.

Make or break now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Munster win without BP
    So after tonight's match nothing has changed, 4 try win. Over to you lads, you know what you need to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Racing Métro win
    Well lads, it's up to us to do our part now.

4 tries to get the bonus point. Certainly not impossible...but we've made hard work of it in the past. I do hate those early kick-offs, sometimes it can hurt the atmosphere... look at Exeter tonight, they looked really good, their home crowd definitely helped them. Munster's best performances have been at Thomond Park in front of a noisy crowd, hopefully they'll feed off that and get the tries they should get against Racing.

Going to be nerve-wracking knowing Munster. Don't know if I can handle it.

Munster win without BP
    You have to say well done to montpellier and leinster, they did that they had to do.

If we can't, we don't deserve to go through,,,simple as that.

Munster win without BP
    Fireball07 wrote: »
    Well lads, it's up to us to do our part now.

4 tries to get the bonus point. Certainly not impossible...but we've made hard work of it in the past. I do hate those early kick-offs, sometimes it can hurt the atmosphere... look at Exeter tonight, they looked really good, their home crowd definitely helped them. Munster's best performances have been at Thomond Park in front of a noisy crowd, hopefully they'll feed off that and get the tries they should get against Racing.

Going to be nerve-wracking knowing Munster. Don't know if I can handle it.

I for one think I will need to have a few drinks to steady the nerves :D Was at the Edinburgh match last weekend and it was tough going but our fate is still in our own hands going into the last match, can't really argue with that!!!

Munster win without BP
    liammur wrote: »
    You have to say well done to montpellier and leinster, they did that they had to do.

If we can't, we don't deserve to go through,,,simple as that.

This

If Munster can't stuff the Racing reserves then we have no place in the HEC knockouts.

• Advertisement

Racing Métro win
    This

If Munster can't stuff the Racing reserves then we have no place in the HEC knockouts.

Very true. We have to perform a lot better than we have been though.....

Munster win without BP

Depending on Racing's attitude (not caring vs playing for contracts) we may not need to.

The whole situation makes me even more annoyed at last weekend, had we gone for tries early we may have got the bonus point and taken a lot of pressure off this game.

Munster win without BP
    Depending on Racing's attitude (not caring vs playing for contracts) we may not need to.

The whole situation makes me even more annoyed at last weekend, had we gone for tries early we may have got the bonus point and taken a lot of pressure off this game.

Exactly. It's great we can go through and have it in our own hands going into the last match, but we could have made life a lot easier for ourselves. An early try tomorrow though would really help get the ball rolling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Racing Métro win

IMO, the Racing reserves are better than any team Munster have BPed this season.

Munster win without BP
    tolosenc wrote: »
    IMO, the Racing reserves are better than any team Munster have BPed this season.

Good point. They've a big lumpy pack and I don't think we're going to be able to beat them up front to the extent of getting 4 tries.

We need creativity in midfield to allow space for Zebo, Jones and Dougie. And that hasn't happened this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Munster win without BP

Probably but they need to turn up to play. If they're out of the game will they put up too much resistance to leaking further tries? I dont think so.

Munster win without BP

Probably a decent side on paper, but as I said 80% of this will come down to attitude for Racing. Take Toulon today as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Apologies in advance lads but I'll be very much rooting for Racing tomorrow.
    Purely motivated by self interest of course...

I can't see Munster getting the 4 tries tbh.
    It's due for pure Angela's Ashes weather in Limerick tomorrow.
    Munster's game plan as of late seems to be 'lets make sure there's no leather left on that ball'.
    Racing's seconds will be playing for contracts, be wary of a team full of players playing for contracts.

I can see Munster winning this one 16-9 or something similar

Munster win without BP
    P_1 wrote: »

Munster's game plan as of late seems to be 'lets make sure there's no leather left on that ball'.
    Racing's seconds will be playing for contracts, be wary of a team full of players playing for contracts.

Root away!

I do think we'll do the biz though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Racing Métro win
    P_1 wrote: »

Munster can only beat themselves tomorrow. They won't mess it up. They just won't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

Racing Métro win
    I still think Munster are going to struggle tomorrow. We're just bad at the moment at winning games comfortably. Even a weaker Racing team could put up enough of a fight to make us fall apart. We're just making too many mistakes at crucial times.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

MAYBE Racing sending over their 2nds/3rds will make them more competitive.

Perhaps their 1sts wouldn't give a ****e and their fringe players will be looking to make an impression?

Last season Munster were atrocious against Castres' 3rds. Hopefully these scrubs will be equally tricky.

Allez Racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm gonna say the same thing here as I did in the other thread. Banter is all well and good, but any Leinster fans can forget about coming onto this thread to goad, or troll here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Racing Métro win
    Allez Racing!

Three cheers for Sireli Bobo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Racing Métro win
    Irish rugby and Leinster rugby fan in peace

To be honest I think that Racing side while not first choice will come out tomorrow playing Rugby for contracts or for places in the team. Its not going to be an easy game.

Best of luck tomorrow Munster. I'll be hoping for a Munster win with no bp.

Regarding Amlin qualification Munster need at least 2 bonuspoints while denying Racing a winning TBP or a draw or victory in order to ensure qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Racing Métro win
    .ak wrote: »
    I'm gonna say the same thing here as I did in the other thread. Banter is all well and good, but any Leinster fans can forget about coming onto this thread to goad, or troll here tomorrow.

We can still root for Racing though right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mano14

Yes, sorry lads but I'm with P1 on this, and hope Leinster can squeeze through at Munster's expense. The gauntlet for both teams was "can you get two BP wins in two weeks?" Very much against the run of play in Leinster's case.

But Leinster did it, and Munster dropped the ball last week against Edinburgh - they should'v got their BP last week and any old win would do them tomorrow.

But they didn't ..and Leinster did: that's the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Irish rugby and Leinster rugby fan in peace

To be honest I think that Racing side while not first choice will come out tomorrow playing Rugby for contracts or for places in the team. Its not going to be an easy game.

Best of luck tomorrow Munster. I'll be hoping for a Munster win with no bp.

Regarding Amlin qualification Munster need at least 2 bonuspoints while denying Racing a winning TBP or a draw or victory in order to ensure qualification.

Indeed, I hope ye win, just not by too much ;)

As an aside I note that a certain Mr Barnes has the whistle tomorrow, would that make ye feel a tad nervous :p

Munster win without BP
    Given how poor we are at the moment, I'm as confident as you could be that we'll get the 4 tries.

Munster have always delivered on the last day of the group stages. We have always delivered against French teams. I don't care what team Racing have out. If Munster play, we'll win and win well.

No excuses offered tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Racing Métro win
    Don't see anything wrong with Leinster supporters rooting for Racing, it makes perfect sense. In a way, Racing are an embodiment of Leinster for the match :p There is a big difference between wanting a team to beat another and trolling.

I really really really hope we do it though. Keatley MotM hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement