Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAY FM.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone listen to Alison Curtis on sat mornings?? l do like her but christ almighty when she starts laughing l have to change stations straight away....so annoying and forced >:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

I think it's a requirement to get a job in today fm that you are always a millisecond away from laughter.
    Louise Duffy for example can't get through a sentence without sniggering. You can tell when she's saying anything that there's a smirk on her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Anyone listen to Alison Curtis on sat mornings?? l do like her but christ almighty when she starts laughing l have to change stations straight away....so annoying and forced >:(

She's very cheery but she's obsessed with giving out the text number, 3 to 4 times per link in successive links is far too much. She's also got a tendency to give constant time checks which I think are unnecessary at the weekends. Neither Louise Duffy nor Teresanne ever time check on early breakfast so absolutely no need on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've listened to teresanne a good bit on the early mornings. I think she is very good, she comes across as confident during her links and I feel it comes across on the radio. What are people's opinions on her ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Yeah she seems alright don't hear much radio at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Yeah, she annoys the **** out of me, not only mentioning the text number every 5 seconds, but also her twitter, or as she says herself " twidder ", and don't get me started on that fake laugh, and her sigh afterwards, a terrible, terrible presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Yeah, she annoys the **** out of me, not only mentioning the text number every 5 seconds, but also her twitter, or as she says herself " twidder ", and don't get me started on that fake laugh, and her sigh afterwards, a terrible, terrible presenter.

l do like her, just not her laugh...its stupid :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Any idea why Today FM doesn't use the AA Roadwatch inserts for their traffic bulletins in the Breakfast Show? Whenever I listen, they seem to have the early morning DJ read them instead of someone from AA Roadwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Radio5 wrote: »
    Any idea why Today FM doesn't use the AA Roadwatch inserts for their traffic bulletins in the Breakfast Show? Whenever I listen, they seem to have the early morning DJ read them instead of someone from AA Roadwatch.

the current early morning dj should stay doing her roadwatch only and her pre-decessor should do too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

the current early morning dj should stay doing her roadwatch only and her pre-decessor should do too

Thanks that is very helpful, but doesn't answer the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is the 'Listen Live' feature giving anyone else trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Brendão wrote: »
    Is the 'Listen Live' feature giving anyone else trouble?

Yep, it's very bad today in particular, keeps looping back to earlier in the show

whitewave wrote: »
    Yep, it's very bad today in particular, keeps looping back to earlier in the show

Same here. :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm also finding that the quality of their broadcast signal has deteriorated over the last few months. At times, there's noticeable static on the radio in both my car and work. Have tried moving the dial slightly but 101.8 is the strongest. I never noticed this before

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

@Emmaeile: Delighted to hear @RealTonyFenton is coming back on the airwaves with a new series this Sunday ☺ @todayfmofficial

Right so tony is going to Sundays then ? Todayfm retweeted it so I take it it's true. So is louise staying where she is ? And who is making way for tony on Sunday ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    @Emmaeile: Delighted to hear @RealTonyFenton is coming back on the airwaves with a new series this Sunday ☺ @todayfmofficial

Right so tony is going to Sundays then ? Todayfm retweeted it so I take it it's true. So is louise staying where she is ? And who is making way for tony on Sunday ?

I wouldn't be sure that Tony on Sundays is a long term thing. It seemed to be just series of shows that he'll do. They still have all the Tony Fenton jingles on the 2.30 show and him and Lousie still share the billing. I have a feeling the Sunday series is just something to ease Tony back in to the swing of things this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Tony is on Sunday 4 to 5 in the eveing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Fenton is like a paradoy of himself at this point. I wish the man well, but Louise Duffy is so much better than his inane 90's chatter about charts and new releases

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

I personally can't wait to have Tony back. I used to like Louise but she's just become so unpopular all of a sudden.

I think people sense the lack of confidence Today Fm have in her and in turn are after tuning out.

If you take her Facebook page for example she's lucky to get 4 likes but when Today Fm repost her post it gets hundreds if not thousands.

She's been passed from pillar to post too much and now has become the square peg in the round hole.

And don't get me started on Ann (ah aren't I great craic) Gleeson. Now's there's a parody of herself.

The Listen Live feature is not working for me at all this morning, anyone else?

The 98fm one is working fine.

• Advertisement

They're broadcasting live from Youghal. Wonder has that anything to do with it

Synode wrote: »
    They're broadcasting live from Youghal. Wonder has that anything to do with it

Typical! It's working now, just after I posted! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Brendão wrote: »
    Typical! It's working now, just after I posted! Ha!

It was off most of the day on the wireless,as all i heard was crackling & no it wasn't Anne Gleeson, until it slowly came back around 5pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

It was off most of the day on the wireless,as all i heard was crackling & no it wasn't Anne Gleeson, until it slowly came back around 5pm

Be very careful with what you say about Anne Gleeson she has a few mod admirers in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

Not sure if it was just for a laugh or is there truth in it but Eoghain mcdermott was in with anton savage awhile ago and let it slip Laura whitmore could be doing some on air work for Today fm.

Be very careful with what you say about Anne Gleeson she has a few mod admirers in here.

Did Anne dump you or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Radio_Fan_67

The Today fm schedule has been very unstable the last 18 months, 3 changes on lunchtime, Tony Fenton's sick leave and now D'arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Has Gareth O'Connor left Today FM's news team. Dont hear him on the radio anymore .

You'd have to wonder why TodayFM have branched out into weekends away and a dating service. Do they not make enough money from the station itself?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Synode wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder why TodayFM have branched out into weekends away and a dating service. Do they not make enough money from the station itself?

How much is "enough" though...

#thoughtfortheday

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement