Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAY FM.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boardsusername

I am interested in sport, just not, as I wrote "mainstream". I play, participate & compete in a wide variety.
    It being 'important' to people who are interested in it is relative, just like anything.
    But yes, I agree the sports news on offer every hour on the hour in this country is obviously not not for me.
    Unfortunately I have to endure it to get to the weather, which is of interest to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I listened to Alison Curtis show this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice mix of music and repeats of some of the best pod casts from the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does anyone know if Dempsey has shares in Mario Rosenstock?

He never,ever gives over chatting about him or Gift Grub, or the tour, or the DVD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

NIMAN wrote: »

He never,ever gives over chatting about him or Gift Grub, or the tour, or the DVD?

Nearly sure I heard before that he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

NIMAN wrote: »

He's credited as co-writer on the show. Only watched it for the first time and it was the first thing on the credits.

So yeah, I'd say he's getting a tasty share out of it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Does anyone else think that Marconi House will implode or something horrific if Tony Fenton doesn't play a Kings of Leon track EVERY DAY?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Does anyone else think that Marconi House will implode or something horrific if Tony Fenton doesn't play a Kings of Leon and Bruce Springsteen and Hard-Fi and White Stripes track EVERY DAY?

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

Today fm is extremely stale I think 2fm have potential to overtake them in the next 18 months. 90% of the new 2fm schedule is spot on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

Today fm is extremely stale I think 2fm have potential to overtake them in the next 18 months. 90% of the new 2fm schedule is spot on imo.

I would definitely agree that Today FM is very stale now. I am not a fan of many of the changes on the new 2FM schedule but I have to say, that I would choose to listen to 2FM over Today FM at any time now. It just sounds fresher.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've really started to like T-Bone's show again. It's just what I want at that time of day - mostly music, competition or two, bit of entertainment news - I know he gets criticised a lot for being a dinosaur (in radio terms) but I for one like that there are still DJs like him, Phil Cawley, Derek Flood and a few others who don't waffle on too much and just play good music. Don't get me wrong, I love the "other" style as well (the KC show, Ray Foley, etc) as well, but I think Tony's show is perfect at that time of day.

D'Arcy is a bit stale, but I think that's more complacency from being at the top than anything else.

Now, to scroll up and see what I said ages ago in this thread to see how much my outlook has changed. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭ofcork

The way 2fm are there isn't a hope they will surpass today fm anytime soon,rick o shea is the ONLY dj I can hack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Paula MacSweeney announced that Friday Night Anthems will be finishing at the end of the month, but didn't say what the show will be replaced with, other than that it will be "cool." And, she mentioned that listeners can catch her on weekends "at a more reasonable hour." Well, she obviously isn't going to be replacing Louise Duffy, and she did state that on her Twitter page recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Paula MacSweeney announced that Friday Night Anthems will be finishing at the end of the month, but didn't say what the show will be replaced with, other than that it will be "cool." And, she mentioned that listeners can catch her on weekends "at a more reasonable hour." Well, she obviously isn't going to be replacing Louise Duffy, and she did state that on her Twitter page recently.

She said on twitter that she will have a new show on Saturday evenings! So does that mean 'Planet Hits' is either being dropped or moved?

Kelly Anne Byrne will be doing 10/1 Saturday nights from March 29th

So is Ed Smith leaving or moving to the new phantom (TXFM)? And if that the case, I assume it's 'planet hits' being dropped or shortened to make way for Paula Mcsweeny who is moving to Saturday evenings. Can't really see both being on one after the other, they're too similar in my opinion!

Shammer16 wrote: »
    So is Ed Smith leaving or moving to the new phantom (TXFM)? And if that the case, I assume it's 'planet hits' being dropped or shortened to make way for Paula Mcsweeny who is moving to Saturday evenings. Can't really see both being on one after the other, they're too similar in my opinion!
    Haven't a clue ! Just saw it on her own twitter page. Maybe Derek Flood is getting the early show ? Or maybe Phil Cawley is getting the early show and Flood will get Friday night 80s ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Ah here, Ed's Indie Disco is great. Why are they getting rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Peter Visibility

Please God don't let them give any more air time to Phil f****ing Cawley!

DarBucks wrote: »
    Ah here, Ed's Indie Disco is great. Why are they getting rid?
    It may just be moving to Friday or Sunday nights.

It may just be moving to Friday or Sunday nights.

My guess is that 'floody' could be moving to Friday Night 80's or even the early breakfast! (Caught the end of Friday Night 80's and noticed he was presenting it, not sure how often he usually does it though!)

Paula just said she is moving to the 6pm lot on Saturdays!

EDIT: I'm guessing this is the tweet someone mentioned earlier:
    Kelly-Anne Byrne ‏@KellyAnneByrne2 5 hrs
    @mcgirrh @WillStLeger I'll be presenting The Beat Goes on on @todayfmofficial as of Sat Apr 5th, 10-00pm-1am :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ed's Indie Disco is moving to Sundays, same time (10-1). I'm assuming Dave Couse will be getting the chop so? Or moving to TXFM. A shame cause his show was always good.

Now I'll have to pick between Ed and Chris & Ciara to listen to on Sundays :/

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Dave Couse just confirmed his show is finishing in 2 weeks. :(

Didn't sound too happy about it either.

Colm O'Sullivan also said at the very end of his show that when he's back from holidays he'll be at a different time too. Don't listen to him so not too bothered, but Dave Couse leaving is a big downer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

A real shame. I wonder does that mean he won't be filling in for Paul McLoone any more either.

kmurph wrote: »
    Colm O'Sullivan also said at the very end of his show that when he's back from holidays he'll be at a different time too

Not too sure how they're going to move Colm to a different time. Either they're shorting The last word, or moving him later to fit in another show before him...

Seems unlikely, but could Colm be moving to early breakfast?

Alison Curtis filling an next week anyway so, always love her shows! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Peter Visibility

I can't believe they're axing Dave Couse's show on Sunday nights. It's my favourite two hours on the radio and a perfect end to the week. I'm sure Ed Smith is a nice guy but Dave Couse he ain't. He sounds to me like someone who wants to be on the radio rather than someone who just HAS TO play this song he's just found or remembered. Sounds like indie for kindergarden to me. He can use that name if he wants as well. I also find Paul Mcloone very middle aged and white in his music choices. Can't remember the last rap or soul song I heard on his show. I mean, we all love Joy Division but has he heard NOTHING since then that moves him as much? Where can I get my music fix now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It looks like the 90s are coming back to Friday nights in two weeks, which is no complaint at all from me :) Paula announced a few moments ago that Shauna and Eoin? would be taking over her slot with the new show then. I will miss Friday Night anthems, but I missed Nothing But 90s when it ended after Tracy Lee left (there's someone I'd love to hear again). Either way, I'll still be happy with the change. And, I'm guessing Paula will still be moving to weekends? I suspect she'll be doing Planet Hits, but I guess things will come to light before then.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    It looks like the 90s are coming back to Friday nights in two weeks, which is no complaint at all from me :) Paula announced a few moments ago that Shauna and Eoin? would be taking over her slot with the new show then. I will miss Friday Night anthems, but I missed Nothing But 90s when it ended after Tracy Lee left (there's someone I'd love to hear again). Either way, I'll still be happy with the change. And, I'm guessing Paula will still be moving to weekends? I suspect she'll be doing Planet Hits, but I guess things will come to light before then.

Liked Shauna and Eoin when they did that one off show before in the new year! It was class!

Any word on what Colms new time will be? He aid he'd be at a slightly differet time!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Liked Shauna and Eoin when they did that one off show before in the new year! It was class!

I can't wait for shauna and eoghan to start and as it will be live is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Any word on what Colms new time will be? He aid he'd be at a slightly differet time!

I wonder is he taking over from KC. Isn't he going back to Red FM?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Synode wrote: »
    I wonder is he taking over from KC. Isn't he going back to Red FM?

Louise Duffy has that slot now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement