Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAY FM.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Thankfully haven't heard him in a while but does he still play U2 on a daily basis?

Yes he still does, even though this thread is 14 months old. But Tony has also purchased Two door cinema club and Kings of Leon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I can't wait for shauna and eoghan to start and as it will be live is good.

Nordy Eoghan? What day/time will it be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is that shauna who drops in now n again on random shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seren_ wrote: »
    Nordy Eoghan? What day/time will it be on?

Yep nordy eoghan. Same spot as paula macsweeney does now so that's 11pm to 2am I'm guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Louise Duffy has that slot now

Taking over from KC? :eek:

I need a new radio station between 12 and 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Synode wrote: »
    Taking over from KC? :eek:

I need a new radio station between 12 and 4

Ya shes gotten kc's job she starts Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Phil Cawley announced that Friday Night 80s will be losing an hour from next week, so will be on 7-10pm, which must mean that the new 90s show will get an extra hour (10pm-2am) or run from 10pm to 1am. Phil will be starting a new show on Sunday afternoon from 1-4pm, with the first hour being 80s music.

It appears that shauna and nordy are on from 10pm from April the 4th. I'm not sure what the end time is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Phil Cawley announced that Friday Night 80s will be losing an hour from next week, so will be on 7-10pm, which must mean that the new 90s show will get an extra hour (10pm-2am) or run from 10pm to 1am. Phil will be starting a new show on Sunday afternoon from 1-4pm, with the first hour being 80s music.
    So is Jim O Neil axed? Strange that both national music stations axe their long serving Sunday gold shows within weeks of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

From what i've heard, the National Lunchtime News is moving form 12:45 to 1pm but will till be 15 minutes long, not 100"%sure on this though. Floody will still be with Today FM, he said at the end of planet hits last week that we will hear him on the station again soon. Colm said he'll be on at a slightly different time a few weeks back too.

Do we know who's getting the Early Breakfast and the 4-7 on Sundays?

• Advertisement

Well Paula macsweeney just played her last song on Friday night anthems which was the same as the first song which was van halen - jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Phil Cawley said last week that himself and Jim ONeill where swapping times on a Sunday

Okay, so is this the new weekend schedule then? Cobbled together from various posts/threads on here and the today fm website (which hasn't been updated yet).

Friday
    7-10pm: Friday Night 80s
    10-1am: Nordy Eoghan & Shauna

Saturday
    8-11: Alison Curtis
    11-1: Phil Cawley
    1-6pm: Premier League
    6-10pm: Paula McSweeney
    10-1am: Kelly Anne Byrne

Sunday
    7-10: Declan Meehan
    10-11: Sunday Business
    11-1: Anton Savage
    1-4: Phil Cawley
    4-7: Colm O'Sullivan
    7-10pm: Jim O'Neill Classic Gold Sunday
    10-1am: Ed Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Okay, so is this the new weekend schedule then? Cobbled together from various posts/threads on here and the today fm website (which hasn't been updated yet).

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

What is happening with Kelly-Ann Byrne? Up to a couple of weeks ago, she had one show per week on Saturday evenings on Phantom FM. Not only will she be on (slightly later) Saturday nights on Today FM, but she has just completed for first weekday on her new Monday to Friday evening show on the newly launched 1052 TXFM (replacing Phantom). Is she tipped for big things?

What is happening with Kelly-Ann Byrne? Up to a couple of weeks ago, she had one show per week on Saturday evenings on Phantom FM. Not only will she be on (slightly later) Saturday nights on Today FM, but she has just completed for first weekday on her new Monday to Friday evening show on the newly launched 1052 TXFM (replacing Phantom). Is she tipped for big things?
    She seems to be the only presenter doing crossover on both stations.

Friday

Saturday

Sunday
    Yeah that's exactly what the RTE Guide has listed. So Derek Flood will just be a swing jock now ?

Would Floody get early breakfast do you think or is that gone to Tim Kelly? I'd say swing jock tbh.

Kelly Ann Byrne must be someone Communicorp reckon might do well in the future. Haven't heard her on air before as far as I know.

Does Alison Curtis produce a show during the week? Just wondering why she doesn't do more on air stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Isn't she the producer for Tony Fenton at the moment. Haven't heard leah on in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Was hoping someone could enlighten me as to what the story is with Dave Couse. Listened to The Lighthouse sometimes amd always enjoyed it as a show. Has he been axed from Today FM completely or pushed to another slot?

Was hoping someone could enlighten me as to what the story is with Dave Couse. Listened to The Lighthouse sometimes amd always enjoyed it as a show. Has he been axed from Today FM completely or pushed to another slot?
    His show is axed but he will probably still fill in for Paul McLoone from time to time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is anyone else having issues listening to TodayFM online? The player seems to play about 5 or 6 mins of audio, then resets and plays the same 5 or 6 mins again on a loop. Really annoying.

Has happened on and off the last few days, refreshing the link was fixing it, but it's happening non-stop now. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Happening to me as well. So annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Yeah it's happening me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

It hasn't been working properly for the last few weeks for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but does anyone feel that Matt Cooper has lost his bite?

I remember him as being much more aggressive interviewing politicians and newspaper people. I listened to his John Waters interview and felt that it was a disgrace. He didnt ask any real questions. preferring to add glib remarks. Is he aiming for an RTE job, as it reminded me of a Ryan Tubridy Late Late Show interview. He never mentioned any of the controversial views held by Waters, but he never mentioned that he was restricted in asking them either. In the end it felt like a media love in for Waters.

I mention this as I saw something similar happen for Neil Francis on The Last Word. If anyone has listened to Neil Francis's apology for homophobic remarks on the show, then they will know what I mean. Cooper dragged about 66% of the apology out of Francis very reluctantly. But after that show, it was never mentioned again. Can you Flcuhking imagine the outrage if a soccer player/commentator had said the same thing?

I feel that Matt Cooper has really become part of the establishment and hasgiven up on quality jouralism. Wonder if he is looking for a job in RTE?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right area to post this but does anyone feel that Matt Cooper has lost his bite?

I remember him as being much more aggressive interviewing politicians and newspaper people. I listened to his John Waters interview and felt that it was a disgrace. He didnt ask any real questions. preferring to add glib remarks. Is he aiming for an RTE job, as it reminded me of a Ryan Tubridy Late Late Show interview. He never mentioned any of the controversial views held by Waters, but he never mentioned that he was restricted in asking them either. In the end it felt like a media love in for Waters.

I mention this as I saw something similar happen for Neil Francis on The Last Word. If anyone has listened to Neil Francis's apology for homophobic remarks on the show, then they will know what I mean. Cooper dragged about 66% of the apology out of Francis very reluctantly. But after that show, it was never mentioned again. Can you Flcuhking imagine the outrage if a soccer player/commentator had said the same thing?

I feel that Matt Cooper has really become part of the establishment and hasgiven up on quality jouralism. Wonder if he is looking for a job in RTE?
    There hasn't been anything worthwhile about his show since about 2007.

The station needs to think about clearing out its schedule and replacing some of the outdated shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I always listened to Cooper until late last year. Couldn't take the doom and gloom anymore so moved to Dermot & Dave on 98fm. Best decision ever

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Used to listen to The Last Word daily.

Haven't listened to it in ages. Sort of got bored of Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Some of the presenters did a skit on Celebrities Reading Mean Tweets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMV1lyN6Ef0&list=UU5ECgn-R-rJFHBVHuzkpp6w

They don't do it with Boards anyway :p Still, I've no issues with any of the presenters. No sign of Tony on air, but he does make an appearance on this.

On a side note, I have to say that Today FM is so great to listen to on weekends, particularly on Friday and Saturday evenings/nights (when I get a chance to tune in). Friday Night 90s is a great addition to the line up (Nothing But 90s was missed). Both Eoghan and Shauna are doing a great job with the banter and particularly with the great music played. Friday Night 80s is also great to listen to, but the playlist could be a little more varied. Then, moving to Saturday, I enjoy Paula MacSweeney's show, but The Beat Goes On is a joy to listen to. The music is ideal for that time and day, and is different to what is normally played on other stations. There are the classics, yes, but with interesting remixes too. It's also good to hear Martin King back on the airwaves. At least that time slot is actually listenable, rather than four hours of effing football! Things should stay as they are currently, in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

+1 for Nordy and Shauna. Got a chance to listen ot the show the full way through there the last night, and for two people that have never (to my knowledge) actually presented a show before, they're doing a smashing job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement