Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow risk Tuesday night in to Wednesday in the midlands and possibly the east

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

We live in hope!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Pity we don't have a clear sky here in Dublin, it would have been a helping hand to have the temperature fall sub zero before the precipitation. On the other hand, the arrival of the precip and the SE winds would probably quickly kill off any clear sky cooling effect anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

patneve2 wrote: »
    Pity we don't have a clear sky here in Dublin, it would have been a helping hand to have the temperature fall sub zero before the precipitation. On the other hand, the arrival of the precip and the SE winds would probably quickly kill off any clear sky cooling effect anyways.

I can see the moon. Should be enough broken cloud to let the heat out.

I can see the moon. Should be enough broken cloud to let the heat out.

ah you're right! Hazy sky i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

ah you're right! Hazy sky i suppose

Saying that, I can see thick cloud not too far to the west and I'm about 20 km from the east coast. It looks like it about to cover the moon now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temp 0.8c

DP @ 0.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?weatherstation=IR25&selected=true&RegionId=0&view=roadTemp

Some of the dew points on the nra stations are at 0 degrees at the moment (Monaghan, Baltinglass and Tallaght are three I looked at).

P.S. click on the "i" at the end of the entry to get detailed information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Temp is 0.4C here and dropping with DP at -1C.

Dublin 14.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Temp here in D5 is 0.4C and DP is -0.4C.

http://www.jfkireland.com/weather/wx20.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

In Wicklow now:

Temp 0.4
    Dewpoint -0.6

• Advertisement

Uppers of -4/-5 at 850 hPa for this event...freezing level forecast about 500 metres....so snow level above 250 metres I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭arctictree

-0.3c here. That precip on the radar is nearly into the very south west of Wicklow but seems to be weakening.

Uppers of -4/-5 at 850 hPa for this event...freezing level forecast about 500 metres....so snow level above 250 metres I would guess.

Depends if the cold air can hang or not- freezing level is close to 0m in Dublin right now... Yes it will prob go up if precipitation makes it this far but you only have to look at sunday to see Ninja snow is possible. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

1.1 In newbridge ,,

Dp 0.2

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Depends if the cold air can hang or not- freezing level is close to 0m in Dublin right now... Yes it will prob go up if precipitation makes it this far but you only have to look at sunday to see Ninja snow is possible. :D

Tomorrow morning Dublin Airport will be something like 2°C with a Dew of 1°C and light rain/drizzle

And yes the charts screaming potential :)

Temp 0.4c

DP -0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

pad199207 wrote: »
    Temp 0.4c

DP -0.2c

I have Temp 1.2 in Naas at the moment. But my sensor is in a sheltered area so the accuracy will be off a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    In Wicklow now:

Temp 0.4
    Dewpoint -0.6

Temp -0.1
    DP -1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Radar has had precip over me for a while now. Nothing has actually fallen yet. Temp 2.6c DP 1.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Temp - 0.2
    DP - 2

Dublin 3

• Advertisement

0.1c

DP @ -0.4c

Hit -0.1 at 6.45. Back to 0.9C now though... DP between 0C and -1C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

1.0C just outside Kildare town. Not all that far from the precip on the radar, though it looks a bit hesitant to cross the border from Laois. That temp was measured with a car temperature gauge so might be overreading - was reading 2.5 going by Naas. Very misty.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

3.4°c here at the minute with a dew point of 1.9°c

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

D5 is now 0.8C and DP of 0.2C:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

3.5 Temp Mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I wouldn't be expecting any snow at low levels tonight lads. :o Couple of places might see a rain to sleet mix though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea temp on the rise, 1.7c with a DP of 1.4c, hills could see some snow but rain and sleet elsewhere

0.1c

dp @ -0.2c

a good frost now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Actually here it is semi-clear - by that I mean not "see all the planets" clear but still I can see some stars. Temp is 0c, feels like -3c (which I'd defo what it feels like). Hope springs eternal!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement