Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World (may contain spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Yeah by a pack of compsognathus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Vincent D'Onofrio ("Edgar the Bug" from Men in Black) to play villain in Jurassic World.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/vincent-donofrio-to-play-villain-in-jurassic-world-1201123308/

I wonder if he will be a raptor wearing a human skin suit :B

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I do care, in a way. Keep Shia LaBeouf away from my movies or die.

What, you don't like a guy saying the word "no" a million times in your movies?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    What, you don't like a guy saying the word "no" a million times in your movies?

I don´t like THAT guy saying "no" a million times in my movies.

Bunch of intriguing news and pics :>

Apparently, a couple of Jurassic World casting sides- the pages given to actors for auditioning- were leaked. One of them describes a character named Hamada (who seems to be a sort of Robert Muldoon type). He tells other characters a story about a pet mamushi and a mouse, and implies that dinosaurs will no longer be fed live prey at the park, in an apparent attempt to keep them from becoming man-eaters.

Here's the page:

kvwtefx-meet-new-characters-in-leaked-jurassic-world-script-pages.jpeg?width=904&height=1169

The interesting thing is that recently, actor Brian Tee revealed a photo of himself by his Hawaii trailer with the name Hamada on it- which strongly suggests the leaked pages were the real thing.

BmkuMcnCAAAK3Ab.jpg

Here's another leaked page:

txmubyi-meet-new-characters-in-leaked-jurassic-world-script-pages.jpeg?width=904&height=1169

In other news, it appears that InGen will be somehow involved, as photos

of InGen helicopters suggest:

10255787_733425646701949_3133819036090199696_n.jpg

Question is exactly how, since the company behind Jurassic World is apparently called Patel Corporation, run by this guy (set photo):

article-0-1D0540CD00000578-642_634x459.jpg

Other new photos:

jurassicworld-set-photo-security.jpg
    10258492_731519636892550_7595399924417433437_n.jpg

1610107_730949103616270_6497059081533424002_n.jpg

Bryce-Dallas-Howard.jpg

Jurassic-World.jpg

Director-Chair.jpg

10170983_729071723804008_6176156052137482384_n.jpg

1554527_729071697137344_8471978027323587242_n.jpg

Colin Trevorrow confirms animatronic dinos and sequels for Jurassic World:

http://www.scified.com/site/jurassicworld/colin-trevorrow-confirms-animatronic-dinosaurs--sequels-for-jurassic-world

Chris Pratt (lead actor) kinda "predicted" Jurassic World involvement:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/659525-jurassic-world-jurassic-park-4-chris-pratt-basically-predicted-hed-be-in-movie/

(I'm thinking maybe he wasn´t completely joking... after all the movie's been in the works for ages).

Oh, and did you notice?

Not a word about the dinosaurs, yet! D:

• Advertisement

Mr. Sourian?????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Guessing that is Titanaboa being discussed?

No, apparently its some sort of super dangerous dino, probably the one Horner has mentioned when interviewed.

Keep in mind these are just the casting sides tho- those bits may not even be in the finished movie.

Adam Khor wrote: »
    No, apparently its some sort of super dangerous dino, probably the one Horner has mentioned when interviewed.

Keep in mind these are just the casting sides tho- those bits may not even be in the finished movie.

What did Horner say? I tend to zone out when it comes to anything he says as I think he has become pretty much a palaeoHack over the past 20 or so years.

Kess73 wrote: »
    What did Horner say? I tend to zone out when it comes to anything he says as I think he has become pretty much a palaeoHack over the past 20 or so years.

Dropped a big hint that Carnotaurus as depicted in the Lost World book (or something very much like it) would appear.

http://www.krank.ie/category/entertainment/carnotaurus-to-star-in-jurassic-park-4/

• Advertisement

Michael Giacchino will score Jurassic World. But we will hear the classic Jurassic Park themes anyways, apparently :>

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/michael-giacchino-jurassic-world-composer/

Some good news and some... disturbing ones.

Possible spoilers ahead. You've been warned.

Some pictures have been released that show a "Jurassic Park Lagoon" map and some of the dinos that will/could appear in the movie are shown. They include Gallimimus, Triceratops, Pachycephalosaurus, T-Rex and the one everyone was seemingly hoping for, mosasaurs.

10298949_10202141120591359_6196967692162587224_n.jpg

10377074_10202141121271376_5196686365674895532_n.jpg

The disturbing part is that apparently, the new big bad dino won´t be one of the many awesome predators of prehistoric times, but a sort of Frankenstein monster created by splicing T-Rex and raptor... and adding snake and cuttlefish DNA ... (!!!)

Which sounds really unnecessary IMO, but may still work, considering that the Dilophosaurus in Jurassic Park was basically a frilled lizard/cobra/dino hybrid and was still pretty scary...
    Still, they could've used Carnotaurus... the cuttlefish part suggests it will be a camo-dino...

The plot sounds rather silly too. The Frankendino is evil, of course, so the main character uses the classic beloved ones, T-Rex and raptors, to fight the new threat.

I'm still hoping this will be refuted but it seems to be real:

http://www.scified.com/site/jurassicworld/exclusive-jurassic-world-plot-details--info-on-the-new-dinosaur-spoilers

This is apparently the new dinosaur's paddock:

DREX1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm gonna dip in & then unfollow this thread.

I hate the drop feed of info. It ruins my expectations of the movie.

The Internet has ruined cinema in more ways than piracy.

My only guess for there being a Frankendino (nice moniker BTW) would be that it was some sort of secret military application.

Really hope the graphics won't be like scy fi Shiite.
    Is it still to be released in june?
    Jurassic park and Godzilla in cinemas at same time.

June 2015.

Galvasean wrote: »
    My only guess for there being a Frankendino (nice moniker BTW) would be that it was some sort of secret military application.

I thought that too... apparently the CEO of the new company Patel Corp. that owns the park is a shady character, I can easily see how he would be willing to sell bio weapons to the highest bidder or something... make it look like it's just a harmless Disneyland type of thing, all while doing bad things behind curtains.
    Yeah, like Disneyland.

Hmmm, based on what the director has been saying the creature is a new dinosaur created to wow audiences who are no longer impressed with seeing dinosaurs. He has, however, said it won't have snake's head or tentacles or anything mad like that.

Yeah I read an interview with him the other day, he seems intent on respecting the limits set by the previous movies and the books... it was strongly implied that the new dino will be Carnotaurus as expected...

But what's the hype about carnotaurus.
    Is this to be the new human killer?

• Advertisement

But what's the hype about carnotaurus.
    Is this to be the new human killer?

Apparently. In the TLW novel the carnotaurs had camouflage abilities, so if these particular dinos escaped into the park (which would be easier because, camo) they would be particularly dangerous, also because, camo; in the novel they could practically blend into any background, and only when you turned the lights on or off would you be able to see them briefly as they adjusted to the new environment. Which may explain what Horner said about them being so scary "you'll want to keep the lights on".

In the original Jurassic Park III script the dino that comes to investigate the human characters as they dig into the Spinosaurus dung was a Carnotaurus, but was later changed to a Ceratosaurus because it was easier to "build" (they just took a T-Rex model and modified slightly). If Carnotaurus is indeed the new "villain" in JW, it is a good thing that the cameo in JPIII was given to another dino :cool:

Three photos from the actual film- none of them contains dinos, tho.

http://www.scified.com/site/jurassicworld/new-jurassic-world-photos-released

chris-pratt-jurassicworld-movie-still.jpg

bryce-dallas-howard-chris-pratt-jurassicworld-movie-still.jpg

robinson-sympkins-jurassicworld-movie-still.jpg

Jurassic World dinosaurs revealed?

Mind you, this list has, to my knowledge, yet to be confirmed as the real thing... but if it is, may be very spoilery:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1867326/jurassic-world-brochure-dinosaur-list/

Oh and they call the mosasaur a dino...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The brochure for the theme park: http://www.totalfilm.com/news/check-out-the-brochure-for-jurassic-world

I'm quite excited for this I have to say.

Edit: Damn, just realised Adam posted the same thing!

I really hope we get to see most of the park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Anyone else notice the lack of Raptors on that brochure?

I did... but its been said that Chris Pratt's character studies raptor behavior or something, so maybe they're just not on exhibition anymore. There's also a part of the brochure that says there's over 100 species in the park, so maybe it's just the list is not complete.

Am I the only one that already dislikes the kids in it based on one pic?

Just know, like the first film (and first book), that I am going to be hoping in vain for a dino to eat or stand on the kids.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As long as they don't use their high school gymnastics against any dinosaurs I'll let them away with not being eaten.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    As long as they don't use their high school gymnastics against any dinosaurs I'll let them away with not being eaten.

This.

Advertisement