Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World (may contain spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

The legacy of Jurassic Park: Realistic dinosaurs and their poop

Mostly comments/info/experiences from peeps involved.

Aaaw, I wanted Dern to reveal what the dinosaur poop was made of :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Jurassic Park IV will feature new terrifying dinosaur according to Jack Horner:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/04/03/jurassic-park-3d/1996081/#

He doesn´t say which dinosaur, tho. May the speculation begin! :D

I automatically thought of these three guys:

6915911221_bf45dda9d4_z.jpg

Megaraptor (a middle-sized theropod, would fit the gap between Spino and T-Rex and Velociraptor), has the killing claws in the hands, would probably easily disembowel its victim with a simple swipe of its "hand"...

Therizinosaurus-dinooption.jpg

Therizinosaurus- it this one doesn´t freak out audiences nothing will... not a predator but you could easily give it an elephant-like temperament, or a nest to defend...

gigantoraptorbetter.jpg?w=510

Gigantoraptor- if it was a predator it could probably swallow a man whole (it grew bigger than what's shown here, apparently) or maybe crush it to death with its beak... could be an interesting departure from the toothy tradition...
    Besides, it would be faster than T-Rex or spino.

Then of course, there's azhdarchids like Quetzalcoatlus which are very freaky animals...

But that's just my wishful thinking. Which one do you guys would consider to be the "scariest" dinosaur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

That's the best you could come up with outta your freaky harddrive of pics?

D

"Must try harder"

:p

That's the best you could come up with outta your freaky harddrive of pics?

D

"Must try harder"

:p

Actually these aren´t from my little drive of horrors. I just randomly picked them off google cuz I was working at the same time XD

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Before I clicked on that link I was expecting something like this
    1993 T-Rex starred as main character in this first edition and in the two following
    T-Rex now lives in 3 bedroom house in Texas with his wife and 2 children and works on a building site :)

Before I clicked on that link I was expecting something like this
    1993 T-Rex starred as main character in this first edition and in the two following
    T-Rex now lives in 3 bedroom house in Texas with his wife and 2 children and works on a building site :)
    To much MTV their D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Am wondering if his keep the lights on comment was a hint of sorts.

Had me thinking of a snake (Titanaboa maybe) or possibly something non dino along the lines of one of the giant invertebrates like Arthropleura.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Am wondering if his keep the lights on comment was a hint of sorts.

Had me thinking of a snake (Titanaboa maybe) or possibly something non dino along the lines of one of the giant invertebrates like Arthropleura.

There's a possibility that the "keep the lights on" comment has to do with Carnotaurus (which in the TLW novel was "invisible" at night, except when you directed a light to it...)

I personally would prefer it if they kept to the Mesozoic...:)

• Advertisement

I'm a bit annoyed by these sort of nerds who can´t just sit back and relax and enjoy a work of fiction. You don´t see Star Wars fans complaining about how you can hear explosions in space.

(Actually, maybe they do complain, I don´t know... anyone a die hard SW fan?)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Haha this is serendipitous, I'm actually watching III right now - I think it's better than 2 tbh...I'd also like to see a scene with a plesiosaur...dunno how they'd work it in but could be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed by these sort of nerds who can´t just sit back and relax and enjoy a work of fiction. You don´t see Star Wars fans complaining about how you can hear explosions in space.

People complained about space explosions in Armageddon while conveniently ignoring the ones in Star Wars for decades...

Galvasean wrote: »
    People complained about space explosions in Armageddon while conveniently ignoring the ones in Star Wars for decades...

Thank you!

How long to build that?

New JP toys. Not out here yet. Anybody Stateside seen 'em yet?
    http://www.krank.ie/category/entertainment/new-jurassic-park-toys/

New JP toys. Not out here yet. Anybody Stateside seen 'em yet?
    http://www.krank.ie/category/entertainment/new-jurassic-park-toys/

My question is, why can´t the JP toys be of the same quality and realism as the Papo figurines?

My question is, why can´t the JP toys be of the same quality and realism as the Papo figurines?

Based on some of their stuff here, they are essentially the unofficial JP line...

• Advertisement

Based on some of their stuff here, they are essentially the unofficial JP line...

Yes, I have the T-Rex, Spino and male raptor from JP3... they are awesomely detailed and true to the movies compared to, well, the official ones...

What, no love for old-skool TLW Spinosaurus?

LWSpinosaurus1a.jpg

What, no love for old-skool TLW Spinosaurus?

LWSpinosaurus1a.jpg

Good ol' short snouted spino D: I like to think of it as Altispinax nowadays...

I didn´t know Spino was in JP toys before JPIII D:

Lots of obscure stuff showed up in the toylines, even Tanystropheus!

tanystropheus.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I stopped reading half way through. I get annoyed with these kinds of criticisms too. I always feel you can tell when a movie has few things to critique when they start on things like this. What does he propose they show to properly show how dinosaurs are dug up? A four hour apparent film of Alan Grant taking individual pieces of dust off a small bone fragment?

"Where are my feathers?!?". If you said that just after seeing the movie for the first time, 20 years ago, then fair enough, you are ahead of the curve, but judging a twenty year old movie, based on up to date science is ridiculous, and it just makes you look petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh believe me, they find many, many other things to moan about :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Bad news guys

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/jurassic-park-4-put-on-hold
    The recently-announced Jurassic Park 4 might have been put on hold.

Two employees have revealed problems surrounding the production on Twitter. Initially, a Jurassic Park 4 concept artist tweeted "JP4 On Hold", while another member of the production team wrote: "Hollywood creates and crushes dreams. Goodbye JP4". (You can see the original screen grabs over at Ain't It Cool.) Both tweets have since been removed.

This potentially depressing news comes just days after director Colin Trevorrow confirmed the film would be returning to Isla Nubar, the island in the original film.

But things might not be as bleak as we first thought.

A "reliable source" close to JurassicPark4-movie claims Jurassic Park 4 is still in production but has been put on a temporary hiatus while some restructuring goes on behind the scenes. This restructuring seems to involve lay-offs to the production team but Colin Trevorrow is still supposed be in the director's chair.

Advertisement