Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

2 kilometres from home and the clutch or gearbox went on my KTM 990SM. I'm only through a tank of gas on it since I got it before Christmas. :(

It was picked up by the shop to be taken off for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

D3V!L wrote: »
    2 kilometres from home and the clutch or gearbox went on my KTM 990SM. I'm only through a tank of gas on it since I got it before Christmas. :(

is that the one from City spares?
    That sucks big time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Youve had some bad luck with bikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Did the clutch lever go solid or graunchy by any chance?
    What happened.
    BTW quit your job and work in product testing!!

goblin59 wrote: »
    is that the one from City spares?
    That sucks big time!!!

Yep, same one, I did about 200 kilometres on it so far just in and out of work.
    GBX wrote: »
    Youve had some bad luck with bikes!

You're telling me. My other bike had a replacement gearbox and clutch due to failure at 3000 kilometres.
    H_Lime wrote: »
    Did the clutch lever go solid or graunchy by any chance?
    What happened.
    BTW quit your job and work in product testing!!

Yep, the hydraulic clutch just wouldn't disengage. First happened when I went into a roundabout, shifted down from 2nd half want through the bend and then it got stuck in neutral while leaned over :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sorry to hear that D3vi!.
    That's not bad luck, you have had no luck at all with bikes.
    Have you ever thought about a Japanese bike?
    I know they aren't as flash as a Euro but generally they don't seem to give as much trouble as Euro's either.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that D3vi!.
    That's not bad luck, you have had no luck at all with bikes.
    Have you ever thought about a Japanese bike?
    I know they aren't as flash as a Euro but generally they don't seem to give as much trouble as Euro's either.

Yes, yes I have. When I was a young lad that's all I bought. Never gave me a moments trouble.

Depending on how the current two go I may still go back to a Jap machine.

My other bike is a 1250 GSA and there's nothing from Asia to equal it at the moment.

Yep, same one, I did about 200 kilometres on it so far just in and out of work.

You're telling me. My other bike had a replacement gearbox and clutch due to failure at 3000 kilometres.

Yep, the hydraulic clutch just wouldn't disengage. First happened when I went into a roundabout, shifted down from 2nd half want through the bend and then it got stuck in neutral while leaned over :eek:

Sounds like the clutch release bearings shat the bed, that or an issue with the clutch slave/rod or all the above!
    If I'm correct about the release bearing it shouldn't be a big deal, so long as all the bits are present when they remove the old one and are sensible to flush the engine.

That sounds pretty ****ing terrifying!
    nuts to that!

• Advertisement

Operation how ugly can we make it rendition 3:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Operation how ugly can we make it rendition 3:D

They really are an ugly bike.
    plus I'd be worried about it constantly, one scratch and you'd be heart broken.

They really are an ugly bike.
    plus I'd be worried about it constantly, one scratch and you'd be heart broken.

Suzuki just realeased a sneak preview video of it and it's not the same as the render. From what I can tell it's similiar to a big Gixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Suzuki just realeased a sneak preview video of it and it's not the same as the render. From what I can tell it's similiar to a big Gixer.

Don't think you can infer anything from the vid barely a shot of the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Started the clock conversion this evening.

Hopefully will go well

Yum, white hag!
    Snippety snip snip:eek:

Yum, white hag!
    Snippety snip snip:eek:

Yeah I got the Bingo Box last week and put it in the shed, last of it downed tonight

Oatmeal and imperial stouts all day long but ffs mint choc chip lol, lost me there.
    Had some nice ones from them in the past.
    hdr.jpg
    The highlight of last wknds reward for being a good boy all wk.

• Advertisement

Oatmeal and imperial stouts all day long but ffs mint choc chip lol, lost me there.
    Had some nice ones from them in the past.
    [i
    ]
    https://i.ibb.co/Zxzgm8w/hdr.jpg[/img]
    The highlight of last wknds reward for being a good boy all wk.

Looks nice! I'm off over to Martins in Fairview tomorrow, gonna pick up a few. That was a random box they put together, tbh the mint choc was actually alright.

Looks nice! I'm off over to Martins in Fairview tomorrow, gonna pick up a few. That was a random box they put together, tbh the mint choc was actually alright.

I miss Martins n McHughes, since moving to de sthicks I've managed to convince a local offo (20 mile round trip local) to stock some of my tipples. Must get organised and buy online.

Story with the clocks? You have that nice old steely cbr6 yeah?

I miss Martins n McHughes, since moving to de sthicks I've managed to convince a local offo (20 mile round trip local) to stock some of my tipples. Must get organised and buy online.

Story with the clocks? You have that nice old steely cbr6 yeah?

Yep I have an F3, my clocks had seen better days and trip didn't work so fitting a set from an F4i. Wiring in isn't roo bad then need to make brackets. I'm getting some old carbon forks from somebody in the cycling forum and going to make the brackets with cuts from them

Yep I have an F3, my clocks had seen better days and trip didn't work so fitting a set from an F4i. Wiring in isn't roo bad then need to make brackets. I'm getting some old carbon forks from somebody in the cycling forum and going to make the brackets with cuts from them

Why not just fit a good original set, there's loads out there, be hard to fit the F4i ones tidy?
    What's the craic with fitting these, how compatible is the swap from a wiring perspective and is your aim to retain all the functionality on the new ones?

My other bike is a 1250 GSA and there's nothing from Asia to equal it at the moment.

Why yes we have seen in this very thread that you are indeed correct:D

Why not just fit a good original set, there's loads out there, be hard to fit the F4i ones tidy?
    What's the craic with fitting these, how compatible is the swap from a wiring perspective and is your aim to retain all the functionality on the new ones?

Because fitting originals would be too easy :) Tbh its piss easy. I will keep all functionality and I'll gain a clock. However the big change is now I'll have a digital screen for speedo

This is the difference (stock image of old clocks)

Why yes we have seen in this very thread that you are indeed correct:D

Oh how right are you !

Oh how right are you !
    The Asian offerings don't make you feel quite so special thats true. All those trips in trucks and vans to get a new motor and box do make one feel quite privileged.

**** talk aside you wouldn't know yourself on an @ or tenere, reliability is never a guaranteed but its certainly stacked in your favour with them asians....mind you the brethren may not wave and the dealer don't serve gourmet coffee...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The brethren are sitting in the dealers lounge drinking good coffee while the techs investigate an *issue*.

• Advertisement

The Asian offerings don't make you feel quite so special thats true. All those trips in trucks and vans to get a new motor and box do make one feel quite privileged.

**** talk aside you wouldn't know yourself on an @ or tenere, reliability is never a guaranteed but its certainly stacked in your favour with them asians....mind you the brethren may not wave and the dealer don't serve gourmet coffee...

The 1200 Tenere has been discontinued due to palaeontologists putting them all on display in natural history museums and the 700 is far too small for me. :D

Advertisement