Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

H_Lime wrote: »
    Sweet.
    Did you ride the bike with the tuono master? What size bore is in the tuono master you've fitted vs the oem one ye pulled off her?

I ask as I've been down this road before with the Dr's where everyone swore blind a bandit master would improve it. It did, at the lever only where you got a nice firm action but hydraulically a 17mm bandit mc (iirc) bore is better suited to pumping two 2 pot sliding calipers. So how were the brakes in use with this larger bore? Terrible, absolutely wooden with no power as they needed around a 13mm bore from my experimentation.

I used a master from one of those newish kwaker 250 ninja yokes which is 13ishmm bore and I have sufficient lever travel and tons of power. Hydraulically a two pot sliding caliper is roughly equivalent to a 4 pot as you are pumping two pistons but also offsetting the sliding element of the caliper too.

Tbh I'd be surprised if the brake has much power with the tuono mc but it will feel great when just pulling it as it'll be well firm. For a lot of the Dr crew that did them as they were so used to shyte brakes lol.

The outside diameter of both cylinders is 20mm.
    Whether they are the same inside I don't know as I haven't opened the brembo one.
    Yeah I took it for a spin.
    Definitely noticeable which part of the brake system is the far superior part.
    The caliper isn't on the same level as my brembos but it stops better than it did.
    Just no stoppies over 10mph :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭H_Lime

blade1 wrote: »
    The outside diameter of both cylinders is 20mm.
    Whether they are the same inside I don't know as I haven't opened the brembo one.
    Yeah I took it for a spin.
    Definitely noticeable which part of the brake system is the far superior part.
    The caliper isn't on the same level as my brembos but it stops better than it did.
    Just no stoppies over 10mph :pac:

Should be cast/stamped on the underside of the old one. Usually in inch. Have a gander.
    If you match this closely engugh with something off modern tackle it'll be a major improvement.
    In my exp using a mc that was designed for pumping twin calipers on a single caliper generally results in a very firm lever with little free play but crucially without feel or power. Give something in and around 12 to 14mm which the 250 ninja has. Usually bag em on ebalg in good order for 40 quid. Great thing bout these is the brake switch, res and mirror perch are all there. Only thing to watch is banjo is jap 1.25 pitch iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just remapped my KTM 990SM (yes i still have it :rolleyes:). It came with LeoVince slip on's and I found it very lumpy.

I flashed it with a map with Tune ECU that was for the same year and with Akrapovic cans. Night and day results :D

Can't wait to do a little more tuning with it. Remove the secondarys and then an air box mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭H_Lime

D3V!L wrote: »
    Just remapped my KTM 990SM (yes i still have it :rolleyes:). It came with LeoVince slip on's and I found it very lumpy.

I flashed it with a map with Tune ECU that was for the same year and with Akrapovic cans. Night and day results :D

Can't wait to do a little more tuning with it. Remove the secondarys and then an air box mod.

I'd suggest a dyno sniff to see if you are lean anyplace, always worth the quids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

H_Lime wrote: »
    I'd suggest a dyno sniff to see if you are lean anyplace, always worth the quids.

I plan on getting it out to Moto Tuning, they're great with these bikes.

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »

That's great news.
    You'll have it nicely set up for me so and I'm always partial to a set of akras. :D

Who does ecu remapping and dyno work in Ireland? I'm considering getting an Austin Racing exhaust soon for the MT10 and it will need to be remapped apparently. I've no idea who does it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Who does ecu remapping and dyno work in Ireland? I'm considering getting an Austin Racing exhaust soon for the MT10 and it will need to be remapped apparently. I've no idea who does it here!

Mototuning as above. Gary just mapped my mt09, great results.

My neighbour brought some goodies and wired up my wooden shed for me yesterday.
    One light, one fusebox,two double sockets, one 5ft led light and a junction box between them.
    Ran swa cable from my steel shed.

IMG-20210117-102005.jpg

IMG-20210117-102019.jpg

IMG-20210117-102106.jpg

Took him around 3 hrs.
    He also brought an outdoor double socket which he's going to fit some other time.

Nice neighbour... although this probably means we are officially friends :o :pac:

Jaysus, that's great.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Jaysus, that's great.

I know... what's the catch though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I know... what's the catch though :pac:

https://youtu.be/lL4L4Uv5rf0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Nice neighbour... although this probably means we are officially friends :o :pac:

Friend :D

Shed friend.

Shed friend.

Wanna start a gang?
    Shed Heads :cool:

Wanna start a gang?
    Shed Heads :cool:

With a cool gang name like that how could I refuse.

With a cool gang name like that how could I refuse.

I'll start making up the back patches so :)

Screenshot-20210117-161215.jpg

Just running through everything here to make sure it all works then its wiring time. Undecided on crimping or soldering. Mostly undecided because I cant find my soldering iron so I'd need to buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Just running through everything here to make sure it all works then its wiring time. Undecided on crimping or soldering. Mostly undecided because I cant find my soldering iron so I'd need to buy one

I prefer soldering as you get a better connection, was time consuming, but I crimped and soldered most of my connections going into the DR650.

goblin59 wrote: »
    I prefer soldering as you get a better connection, was time consuming, but I crimped and soldered most of my connections going into the DR650.

I agree, feck it ill order a soldering iron now

• Advertisement

There's also these heat shrink connectors that self solder in the middle

041150a-large.jpg

https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/soldering-stations/1244132

That's the one I have, but I use it quite a lot when making guitar pick ups as well.

There's also these heat shrink connects that self solder in the middle

041150a-large.jpg

I carry a few of those in my tool roll plus lengths of 22AWG wire as an emergency fix

There's also these heat shrink connectors that self solder in the middle

041150a-large.jpg

These are great if you're a messy solderer like me.

These are great if you're a messy solderer like me.

Get the self feeding Aldi solder gun next time it's in.
    Kinda frees up a hand to hold the wiring.

goblin59 wrote: »
    https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/soldering-stations/1244132

That's the one I have, but I use it quite a lot when making guitar pick ups as well.

Making pickups? That's pretty cool, I just ordered a soldering iron and a few bits but nothing as fancy as yours. I have an Ibanez here that needs a new output jack so I said I'd buy it. Considering new pickups but going for 59special in the bridge, dimebucker in the neck and undecided on the singe coil in the middle, that's a chat for another day!

Thanks to everybody else for the suggestions :)

Making pickups? That's pretty cool, I just ordered a soldering iron and a few bits but nothing as fancy as yours. I have an Ibanez here that needs a new output jack so I said I'd buy it. Considering new pickups but going for 59special in the bridge, dimebucker in the neck and undecided on the singe coil in the middle, that's a chat for another day!

Thanks to everybody else for the suggestions :)

haha I have some stuff under wolfhoundaudio on instagram.
    Its been very quiet with the current climate, plus all my tools are back in Dublin, next plan is make a 7 string P90 for a friend of mine when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Waa7

Hopefully this is the right page :)
    Hi All I’ve been away for ages, learning as I’m riding. I’m riding a Suzuki GZ125, I’m having issues with the bike dying when I’m downshifting after say 30/40 minutes out riding. Has anyone come across this before? It’s unnerving as a beginner rider to say the least. I’ve watched this YouTube video https://youtu.be/oh7H7xfRMFA and I’ll try but does anyone have experience like my own? Cheers ✊ðŸ»ðŸ️

Waa7 wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the right page :)
    Hi All I’ve been away for ages, learning as I’m riding. I’m riding a Suzuki GZ125, I’m having issues with the bike dying when I’m downshifting after say 30/40 minutes out riding. Has anyone come across this before? It’s unnerving as a beginner rider to say the least. I’ve watched this YouTube video https://youtu.be/oh7H7xfRMFA and I’ll try but does anyone have experience like my own? Cheers ✊ðŸ»ðŸ️

That's not your issue unless the sensor is only broken sometimes. Any more detail of the symptoms. How long has this been happening for, does everything die, electrics etc or does it just stall. What speed are you doing when it happens. What gear are you in. Any bike history, anything changed recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Waa7

That's not your issue unless the sensor is only broken sometimes. Any more detail of the symptoms. How long has this been happening for, does everything die, electrics etc or does it just stall. What speed are you doing when it happens. What gear are you in. Any bike history, anything changed recently?

Cheers Zubair, Seems to only have happened since the weather turned. Electrics are still on, it’s like I hit the Kill Switch, best way to describe it. It just floats across, I’m downshifting to 4,3,2 ish. I’m doing about 20-30 or there abouts. Had I serviced in the last 2 months and I just had it repaired but this was happening before it.

Advertisement