Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

That's a battery volt meter to gauge the battery health, it's a traffic light coloured system, green,amber,red, it flashes when the bike is parked up so people might mistake it for an alarm.

At least this way i can now look at the bike and tell if the battery is in trouble rather than being caught off guard.

Had a new battery fitted as well because the one that was in it was the original battery from new and it was fcuked.

Sounds like a great idea do you have a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea do you have a link?

Sure do, here it is.

Ignore the price, it cost me €12

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202138448017

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Brilliant, I'll definitely pick up one of them thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Brake lights in the panniers is a nice mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Just a short video on how these lights work after a few days of having problems with them only working when braking that issue has now been rectified, the top box led was already blown and a new one is on its way courtesy of the warranty on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got my Conti's fitted this morning

2vwtymw.jpg

Lost my tax disc on the way to the fitters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I gave mine the cleaning of its life at the weekend. Then fitted new Pilot Road 5's and an Akrapovic full system.

Then........

Put it into storage for at least 2 months :(

Had the valve clearance done on Monday.
    So, today before putting all the panels back I sprayed the engine where it was after flaking.

Before
    id58p3.jpg

After
    28ho02c.jpg

All going good but this bike likes to fùck with you so as I was putting on the last side panel,the last bolt wouldn't go in; it just kept spinning.
    So fuel tank and panels all off again to get at the problem which was the centre of the well nut was after coming apart.
    2nv70c5.jpg

Luckily I had a spare one at hand.
    Always handy when ordering parts to order a few spares.
    1zqpm9z.jpg

Better to sort this properly as the well nut is inside the frame which is actually the airbox.
    So if the broken piece came off it would fall down into the throttle bodies.
    The bolt wouldn't come back out either without holding it with a pliers from inside the airbox so was a bit of a dose getting the panels off again
    bimrut.jpg

In here to get at the culprit
    21jmwps.jpg

This thread needs a revival!!

Fitted a race belly pan

21bj6kz.jpg

And then cut it out for the side stand using a Dremel.

kb55pz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I use a power house all the time now, otherwise I'd never clean the f'ing thing. Just be sensible with it.

• Advertisement

Titanium Akrapovic fitted for now.
    This bike would have originally came with two exhausts.
    One for the road(too quiet) and one for the racetrack.
    It was missing the race one when I bought it but I'm trying to hunt one down.
    So in the meantime...
    i5dtgj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blade1 wrote: »
    So in the meantime...
    i5dtgj.jpg

Jaysus , at least use NSFW tags or something !!

Post reported. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭H_Lime

So in the meantime...
    i5dtgj.jpg
    Last of the gooduns!

Lube, plus, cables, filters, sync, mosfet.

DSCN4313.jpg

20190629-153657.jpg

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lube, plus, cables, filters, sync, mosfet.

DSCN4313.jpg

20190629-153657.jpg

Either CBR 600 or 900 ?

Either CBR 600 or 900 ?

Bird:)

Hows the aprilia treating ya Blade? What reliability mods you done/to do?

Bird:)

Hows the aprilia treating ya Blade? What reliability mods you done/to do?

Ah,forgot about the blackbird.
    Aprilia is treating me great.
    I have s few of them so they must be doing something right.
    No mods yet but I'll be doing them as I go along.
    Only have it over a week.
    Done 300miles on it yesterday and loved every second of it.
    Didn't want to get off it when I got home.

Ah,forgot about the blackbird.
    Aprilia is treating me great.
    I have s few of them so they must be doing something right.
    No mods yet but I'll be doing them as I go along.
    Only have it over a week.
    Done 300miles on it yesterday and loved every second of it.
    Didn't want to get off it when I got home.

Cool, my old mille r responded well to airbox elim kit and mapping. Brown connectors, beefier/extra earths and fuel connectors were a must along with a mosfet. Savage machine that enjoy the hell out of her! Where'd ya buy?

Cool, my old mille r responded well to airbox elim kit and mapping. Brown connectors, beefier/extra earths and fuel connectors were a must along with a mosfet. Savage machine that enjoy the hell out of her! Where'd ya buy?

Came from Belgium via Ap uk

Came from Belgium via Ap uk
    Nice and fair dues in getting her in. Not the kinda craic i subscribe to but a nice clean one of them will increase in value over time;)

• Advertisement

Nice and fair dues in getting her in. Not the kinda craic i subscribe to but a nice clean one of them will increase in value over time;)

8000 miles and it's like brand new.
    It's getting a lot of attention anytime I pull in somewhere.
    As posted above I have the carbon race bellypan fitted and I also have the carbon race nose cone.
    Would like the full race kit that originally came with it but pretty much impossible to pick up.
    I've a few people trying to source me the race exhaust.
    I located two so far but one guy won't sell and the other guy will only swap for something rare.

A few people have contacted me already telling me they need the carbon race bits I have and would I sell them so it's pretty much at a name your price stage with these parts now.
    I have no interest in selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Put a set of tyres on the bike last week. Had only done 160kms on it since last November and my God did I feel rusty on it taking it out last week.

Went to Donegal and back. Rode like a complete knob and noob but enjoyed every minute of it.

What tyres ya fit Nutty?

Righting the accountants wrongs when they told the techs to save on wiring. Out with the sub par skinny wire.
    DSCN4383.jpg

In with high quality heavier guage
    DSCN4350.jpg
    Additional earth added too.
    Cranking amperages were dropping into the nines, substantially higher now in upper tens. Starter spins like its being jump started and ocassional warm start hesitancy gone, worth doin.

Light!
    DSCN4326.jpg
    Switchback drl's/indicators and relay fitted, wired into the sidelight. Bastards see me now!

Fun at the dyno last week

20190813-134215.jpg

20190813-115359.jpg
    There is nothing quite like the ride home from having the afr set correctly, even if its pissin☺

Righting the accountants wrongs when they told the techs to save on wiring. Out with the sub par skinny wire

In with high quality heavier guage
    Additional earth added too.

Never a bad idea.
    For the winter,i'll be adding bigger battery leads,bigger battery,bigger starter solenoid and cutting out connectors and heat shrinking the wires between reg/rectifier and the stator.

Never a bad idea.
    For the winter,i'll be adding bigger battery leads,bigger battery,bigger starter solenoid and cutting out connectors and heat shrinking the wires between reg/rectifier and the stator.

Spoken like an aprilia veteran:)
    I did the same and bypassed the rr wiring and went direct to battery (bigger ytx14) with an inline fuse for the mosfet.
    Hitachi 150amp solenoid is a nice touch too.

Hows she running Blade you out on her much? Any plans for mapping?

Spoken like an aprilia veteran:)
    I did the same and bypassed the rr wiring and went direct to battery (bigger ytx14) with an inline fuse for the mosfet.
    Hitachi 150amp solenoid is a nice touch too.

Hows she running Blade you out on her much? Any plans for mapping?

She's running beautifully.
    2000 miles done so far.
    And I've picked up some rare racekit parts as well
    A lad in France had these in his attic since new in 2003.
    A race kit exhaust hanger and reverse gear shifter.

Screenshot-20190806-155944-01.jpg

Screenshot-20190806-160053-01.jpg

Also picked up a Ti Evo race exhaust which I should have on Monday.

Screenshot-20190807-182352.jpg

She's running beautifully.
    2000 miles done so far.
    And I've picked up some rare racekit parts as well
    A lad in France had these in his attic since new in 2003.
    A race kit exhaust hanger and reverse gear shifter.

Screenshot-20190806-155944-01.jpg

Screenshot-20190806-160053-01.jpg

Also picked up a Ti Evo race exhaust which I should have on Monday.

Screenshot-20190807-182352.jpg

Brill! Any snaps of the exhaust? Will you have it mapped to suit?
    My old rsvr had a renegade air box elim kit/twin underseat system, chip for ign adv and pc3 mapped to 125 on a dynojet 250i dyno. Thing was lovely but I was crippled after a half hour on er haha.

The reverse shift is trick but wouldn't be my bag, rode a leery 7/11 outa specials in Galway with one once and spend more time trying to think backwards than shifting lol.

Be gas if you and my buddy on his same tuono r should cross paths, never seen two together in the flesh!

Whats the craic is she daytime only in that pic with no headlight or is it a cover or sommein?

Brill! Any snaps of the exhaust? Will you have it mapped to suit?
    My old rsvr had a renegade air box elim kit/twin underseat system, chip for ign adv and pc3 mapped to 125 on a dynojet 250i dyno. Thing was lovely but I was crippled after a half hour on er haha.

The reverse shift is trick but wouldn't be my bag, rode a leery 7/11 outa specials in Galway with one once and spend more time trying to think backwards than shifting lol.

Be gas if you and my buddy on his same tuono r should cross paths, never seen two together in the flesh!

Whats the craic is she daytime only in that pic with no headlight or is it a cover or sommein?

I'll be opening up the airbox.
    At the moment I have fr100 chip with a mivv exhaust as I couldn't bear the sound of the standard exhaust.
    I'll be changing the chip again when I do the airbox and ti evo fitted.
    The front is a race nose cone that can be swapped in about 3 minutes with the road nose cone that has the headlight attached to it.
    Your friends Tuono,is it an R or a Racing?
    I only know of one more Racing in Ireland that was for sale around 4-5 years ago.
    I would have loved to have bought it at time but I was just after buying my Mille.

I'll be opening up the airbox.
    At the moment I have fr100 chip with a mivv exhaust as I couldn't bear the sound of the standard exhaust.
    I'll be changing the chip again when I do the airbox and ti evo fitted.
    The front is a race nose cone that can be swapped in about 3 minutes with the road nose cone that has the headlight attached to it.
    Your friends Tuono,is it an R or a Racing?
    I only know of one more Racing in Ireland that was for sale around 4-5 years ago.
    I would have loved to have bought it at time but I was just after buying my Mille.
    Yeah it a racing (not sure what number), he's in Cork and I've seen another in Dublin a couple yrs back with a 2 into 2 akra.

• Advertisement

Yeah it a racing (not sure what number), he's in Cork and I've seen another in Dublin a couple yrs back with a 2 into 2 akra.

I wouldn't mind crossing path sometime with your mate so for a nose at his bike.
    Twin Akras?,nice.
    That reminds me of another mod I must do.
    Adding a single race can gives you a flat spot between 4k and 5k rpm so I have to modify the collector box to sort that.

Advertisement